Archinect
anchor

san luis obispo

fongdaddy

does anyone know what the architecture school is like at San Luis Obispo?...progressive, conceptual?

thanks

Jun 2, 05 10:34 am
Janosh

More technical and pragmatic.

Jun 2, 05 11:05 am  · 
 · 
tlmII

I went to Cal Poly SLO for my undergrad in construction management which is in the College of Architecture. I really enjoyed the school. I agree with Janosh about its approach. The school has great facilities and something called Poly Canyon which is an experimental grounds for the school of architecture. I think that the five different programs in the college - architecture, architectural engineering, landscape architecture, city & regional planning and construction management all work very well together. Now that I've been out for several years I can say that in the my field (I work in the design and construction group for a developer), graduates of all those various majors are very highly valued in the industry.

Jun 2, 05 11:10 am  · 
 · 
el jeffe

i went there for my freshman year, though I was in the Mechanical Engineering program at the time. Nice enough place but I was bored out of my mind being in such an isolated small town...I couldn't handle it and had to move back to the big city.

Jun 2, 05 11:24 am  · 
 · 
Bula

I love SLO...mello & beautiful. Morro Bay & Pismo have good surf. Housing used to be relatively cheap 10+ years ago, now it's pretty pricey.

The school has a strong emphasis on fundamental’s. I believe it is (or at least was) a very hard/ impacted program to get into. In the firms I have worked at, SLO students generally receive the highest initial respect.

Jun 2, 05 12:52 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: