Archinect
anchor

Yale admission

lennon

"6. A portfolio, not to exceed nine by twelve inches and no more than one and one-half inches thick, containing reproductions (no slides, tapes, discs, or videos will be accepted) of creative work done by the applicant, showing drawing skills and three-dimensional aptitude"

why doesnt yale count photography?
is this same for other schools?

May 29, 05 11:26 pm
lennon

oooops.. i copied a wrong part

"2. A studio course such as freehand drawing, sketching, painting, sculpture, or basic architectural design. (Ceramics, photography, graphics, or film will not satisfy this requirement.)"

May 29, 05 11:29 pm  · 
 · 
evangelicalbunny

Dear Friends,

I am also going to Yale so that I can bring Christ to the Ivy League.

With Love!

eb

May 30, 05 12:23 am  · 
 · 
geno

enough eb. enough.

May 30, 05 12:49 am  · 
 · 
Suture

eb,

I hope you may soon be run over by the CE church's passanger van.

May 30, 05 10:38 am  · 
 · 
eeayeeayo

lennon: most schools require at least one semester of freehand drawing - so yes, that's typical. Essentially it looks like they're trying to expand upon that definition enough here that an undergrad painting or architecture course would count. The other things listed (photography, ceramics, etc.) don't satisfy the intent of this requirement.
They're not saying that you couldn't use photography, ceramics, etc. as work in your portfolio (in addition to work that would show drawing ability) - just that you can't satisfy the drawing prerequisite with a photography course.

May 30, 05 3:17 pm  · 
 · 
cvankle

well said brightside

May 30, 05 3:43 pm  · 
 · 
achg

their requirements are all bullshit. if you have a good portfolio that shows you can, say, draw, but you've only taken photography, they don't give a shit. fuck it. you'll get in. but don't forget to take that remedial physics class at the local community college because they'll bust your balls if you still don't know anything about thermal dynamics.

Jun 3, 05 6:48 pm  · 
 · 
lizok

why doesn;t anyone talk about bringing Buddha, or Joseph Smith [is that the Mormon guy?] somewhere?

Jun 3, 05 10:49 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: