Archinect
anchor

Anyone know the address of MVRDV's WoZoCo'S or Holl's Sarphitstraat?

tman

I already posted this once about a month ago but got no responses. Going to Amsterdam, want to know the addresses to these two.

thanks

May 29, 05 8:20 am
polipop

100 WoZoCo’S

Design for 100 houses for elderly people

Ookmeerweg street in Amsterdam-Osdorp, the Netherlands

May 29, 05 8:27 am  · 
 · 
polipop

project : Sarphatistraat Office
typology : headquarters of the Housing Development Company
architect : Steven Holl, Justin Korhammer
realisation : 2000
address : 410 Sarphatistraat

May 29, 05 8:29 am  · 
 · 
tman

thanks so much polipop, i've been looking for address and havent found anything. Do you know any other projects I should visit, i'll be there for 4 days. I was wondering about the MVRDV projects on the canals.

Also, did you find this all on a website, if so i'd like to kno it?

May 29, 05 2:24 pm  · 
 · 
polipop

yeah, i just googled it.

amsterdam is a cool city full of great architectural examples. the city centre is not that big, all you will need is a bike, maybe an umbrella and a camera with a lot of memory.

however, to visit wozoco you´ll need a car. it´s out of the city, maybe like 15-20 min average drive. you´ll find very good examples just walking around in the city centre; get a map in advance, most of interested buildings are marked. if you love modern architecture you´ll definitely have to go to the islands. refined houses are concentrated there in two or three streets. i took a picture of each one of them.

May 29, 05 3:36 pm  · 
 · 
Medit

I read somewhere that some artists' communities were kinda fed up with the price rises and elitist atmosphere that some places in central Amsterdam were acquiring (the Graansilo, Het Veem..), so they were planning on crossing the Ijmeer and going to the semi-abandoned Amsterdam Noord and turn the old shipyards (NSDM) and factories into "their" place, rehabilitating old buildings into civic and community centres, workshops, etc... (maybe this is old news)

you could go to Amsterdam Noord and see how it is now -I think some big companies like ING already bought and started building there-, and then come back in several years, see how the area has been transformed...
also check out the eastern docklands (Java, KNSM and West 8's Borneo-Sporenburg) http://www.easterndocklands.com/ ..
and I hear they are building a new residential district in Ijburg..

May 29, 05 3:56 pm  · 
 · 
polipop

true, medit. the atmosphere is indeed elitist.

May 29, 05 4:54 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: