Archinect
anchor

Abuse resistent GWB vs. regular GWB

Jefferson

What material makes abuse resistent gwb resistent to abuse? Extra layer of plaster? Thanks

May 26, 05 9:53 am

are we talking about George W Bush here - or something else?

I think it's layers of oil and blue blood.

May 26, 05 10:01 am  · 
 · 
cvoogt

i'm curious how abuse-resisant GWB would fair inside the walls of Abu Ghraib

May 26, 05 10:13 am  · 
 · 
J3

There are several grades of RESISTANT GWB (and Bush too)
How bout you go to the USG website (www.usg.com) and find out for yourself.
But beside that, it can simply be from just a thicker gypsum panel to a gyp. panel with a mesh embeded into it.

May 26, 05 10:47 am  · 
 · 

but seriously though...

j3's right that usg has one. i think theirs is a wall board that is full-through compressed paper. i seem to remember that there are others that simply have a thick layer of cardboard on the exposed face of the gypsum, instead of the thin paper skin.

May 26, 05 10:52 am  · 
 · 
A

gypsum wall board? I know every office has their own ways of abbreviating things but isn't GBD a more common way? Or GYP?

As for abuse resistant the common practice is putting a layer of acetate in with the paper. It's layered in with the paper and gypsum on exposed face. Puncture resistant. Great stuff.

May 26, 05 11:16 am  · 
 · 

actually, i HAVE always used gwb for gypsum wall board, despite my feigned confusion at the beginning. sorry, jefferson.

May 26, 05 11:18 am  · 
 · 
Jefferson

thanks!

May 26, 05 11:51 am  · 
 · 
larslarson

me three on using gwb as an abbreviation

May 26, 05 12:02 pm  · 
 · 
cvoogt

add to that that you can get GWB at the USG (US gov't) website, and the confusion is complete

May 26, 05 12:17 pm  · 
 · 

because of questionable contracting and purchasing practices, government GWB is VERY expensive.

May 26, 05 12:24 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: