Archinect
anchor

Damn summer sessions!

guiggster

I am currently working in Japan under a contract that ends at the end of July. I have finally chosen a final program to apply to after striking UOregon due to their summer session and the negative feedback the program got on archinect. After looking into ASU, I decided that it seemed like a good choice. Then I read that they only admit MArch I students for the summer session that starts at the end of May.

What's the deal with these summer sessions? Is it simply to prepare incoming students with a basic studio experience so they can enter in the fall prepared? How many of you started in the summer. Even if I wasn't contracted into July I would find it a bit overwhelming to make all arrangements to move and start school within 1 month of graduating. Or do they just expect that you have been out of school for 13 months before applying to their program?

May 26, 05 1:19 am
guiggster

So, here's the question, I guess. Let's say I hear back from ASU with an acceptance mid April. I would have to break my contract (which I find to be unprofessional but doable), pack my shit up, send it home, find a place to live, fly to america, drive my shit cross country from pittsburgh to tempe, and start school, all within a month.

Is it worth it?

I became convinced that it wouldn't be for UO, so I scrapped it. It took me a looong time to find another non ivy school that looked appealing to me. An obvious answer is to wait for the 2006-07 school year, but I am anxious to get back after 2 years out of school, and I would still have to apply to all my schools. I realize this must sound a bit high schoolish but what would you do?

May 26, 05 1:30 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

i saw your portfolio and i don't think you need to take a summer session, plus i don't know if youve been to tempe in the summer but its mofo hot!!!

May 26, 05 7:21 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: