Archinect
anchor

Gift for firm

Jefferson

I am leaving my firm after two years, and they have been great to me. I would like to get them a gift, like a book. Can anyone help me out and try to figure out what a nice gift would be? Is there a very helpful new book out there that would make a good gift to the firm?
Thx

May 25, 05 9:54 am
Jefferson

They do alot of K-12 and University bldgs, so is there an inspirational firm/book out there that would be nice?

May 25, 05 10:09 am  · 
 · 
Archi-F

What area are you in - are there any architectural book signings happening around where you are? Any book that you can get personalized for the firm would probably be nice.

May 25, 05 11:00 am  · 
 · 
Jefferson

hmmmm, not here...too small a town

May 25, 05 11:08 am  · 
 · 
instrumentOFaction

what about a magazine subscription...the gift that keeps on giving...and maybe stay away from the k-12 topic if you choose a print publication, be it a book or magazine, and allow your friends to be influenced by something you find inspirational...let them remember you in that way. let us know what you choose, Jefferson.

May 25, 05 11:29 am  · 
 · 
Jefferson

that's a really good point...hmmmm

May 25, 05 11:53 am  · 
 · 
e

is your firm the type that has a receptionist with a vase of flowers next to him/her? you could always get them a nice new vase.

May 25, 05 11:58 am  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

How about a card, or nice e-mail saying you enjoyed working with them, special people. yada yada.

A portrait of yourself for that blank spot on their wall...

May 25, 05 7:31 pm  · 
 · 

"A portrait of yourself for that blank spot on their wall..."

Sneak it into the office during the middle of the night and put it on the wall that has all the certificates and diplomas and whatnot of the firm principal. I've always been tempted to toss my diploma up there and see how long till anyone notices...

May 25, 05 9:15 pm  · 
 · 
bigness

fake the signature of a starkitect on a book...

"i'm a great fun of your shitty commercial pseudo modernist unoffensive shit!

keep up the good work,

signed: Frank O. Gehry"

May 25, 05 9:32 pm  · 
 · 
Jefferson

ha funny stuff...

or a portrait of my face posing real chessy - hang it up over my desk.

May 26, 05 9:09 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: