Archinect
anchor

Anyone working in Spain?

bigness

I need some info on registering as an Architect in Spain with an EU (UK) qualification. I tried to contact the institute of spanish Architects but my lack of spanish (and their lack of English:) stopped proceedings...

Anyone over there?

Thanks!

May 10, 05 10:18 pm
prairieant

Just to clarify-- I believe (but am not sure) that UK and EU qualifications for registration are very different. In order to practice in Spain, you would want the EU qualification.

From my experience, I found it incredibly difficult to get a straight answer out of most institutional bodies in Spain (even though I speak Spanish).

Nonetheless, I would find a Spanish-speaking friend to call and ask. Also, did you call COAM (Madrid)? or the "Colegio" of another city?

May 11, 05 8:31 am  · 
 · 
bigness

the uk does not recognise other countries' professional qualification, but the uk one is recognised in eu...

problem is, i'm not qualified yet...

anyways, thanks!

May 11, 05 10:03 am  · 
 · 
rupa

it is usually much much easier to register in the country where you studied (talking about EU) and than get recognized in a different EU country. At the level of a "registered architect" (in your case I guess Part III would do) all EU countries have ways of accepting/recognising other counry's qualification, below that you risk having to do exams, practical experience....

May 11, 05 12:02 pm  · 
 · 
polipop

yeah, i'm working in spain and studied here, so have not that much idea about registration stuff -- however, i had a friend who studied in miami and wanted to register here --> he was having a lot of problems. they made him to study again several courses he already took in miami, to design a final project like the one we do here by the end of the degree, exams and so on (and he is not sure he will get the qualification after doing all this stuff).

and yes, unless you have a friend here, it's going to be difficult to get straight answers. i suggest you to come and manage things while being in spain, avoid email or phone calls.

maybe a good thing to come here would be to learn a bit of spanish, since there are not that many places where you can work just in english.

good luck!

May 11, 05 2:03 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: