Archinect
anchor

Parsons vs. CCA

fourteensquarefeet

im going for an mfa in fine art.
however, i am very interested in all aspects of design.
i have a bfa in architecture and currently practice art, architecture and graphic design/ web design.

new york city is very very very hard to pass up.
if you dont know cca its in san francisco, which is close to home and i have a number of friends there. sf is convinient and comfortable. nyc is like a foreign country to me. but... i wanted to go to somewhere foreign.

the tuition is similar at both 24,000 at cca and 26 or 28,000 at parsons.

cca is offering me 20,000 worth of scolarships per year. (still have to take out another 20,000 for cost of living)
parsons... not much or nothing. i havent received the financial aid packet yet.

i think i will regret not going to parsons.
i will always wonder what would have happened had i gone to nyc.
its in the center of the international art scene.
the exposure, visiting profs, and galleries are priceless.

your comments are greatly appreciated.
i have read a lot of reviews on parsons but they are in regards to fashion or id. what about the fine art program.

May 1, 05 8:00 pm
zeth01

I see no one has responded but I would go to CCA. Or Parsons. I think it depends on wether or not you want to be in a big city or a small city. They are both owned by the same company.

Jun 8, 05 3:40 pm  · 
 · 
db

a BFA in Architecture -- from where? I know Memphis offers one, but just curious as to your experience in what is a rather rare and unusual degree track.

Jun 8, 05 3:55 pm  · 
 · 
fourteensquarefeet

haha i had no idea what you were talking about til i reread my post... dont know why i would have typed that ... but i think i meant bachelors of architecture.

Jun 8, 05 4:01 pm  · 
 · 
fourteensquarefeet

im going to parsons so forget this post.

Jun 8, 05 4:01 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: