Archinect
anchor

Bid Bond, P+P bond, performance bond....

Jefferson

Can someone explain to me what these are? I was in a Pre-Bid mtg. recently and didn't fully understand what these are....
thx

May 1, 05 5:45 pm
freq_arch

Bond - generally like insurance of sorts (paid out if a default occurrs)
Bid bond - provided by a bidder to cover costs to owner if the bidder withdraws his successful bid (often value is 5-15% of the anticipated value of the bid)
Labour & Performance Bond - provided by a contractor to cover labour and material to completion if the contractor defaults on his obligations (bankruptcy, stupidity, whatever) Often up to 50% of the contract value.
P&P? - dunno what that reference is...
Hope it helps,
FR

May 1, 05 6:20 pm  · 
 · 
tinydancer

Payment and Performance bond-if the contractor defaults on his payments to subcontractors, the bonding company pays and the property cannot be liened against when the subs are paid off.
Do they not teach this in architecture school?

May 1, 05 7:33 pm  · 
 · 
Brim

I never heard it in arch. school. All I got was "layered condition, duality of elements, woven wall..."

May 1, 05 8:23 pm  · 
 · 
Jefferson

Thanks guys

they do teach it, but that was a couple of years ago for me....

May 1, 05 9:07 pm  · 
 · 
losdogedog

I good resource would be "The Architecs Handbook of Professional Practice" expensive, but a must have. It describes everything you want to know about this kind of stuff.

May 2, 05 10:11 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: