Archinect
anchor

Arb registration changed my life...

Automan

Question to UK based architects,

I am currently working in a medium sized 'design based' practice in London, and have recently registered with ARB. My boss congratulated me and shook my hand, and that was about it.
No talk of changing responsibilities/contract wording/raise etc.

What have you experienced?

Did you get a raise right away?
Did you get a raise down the line when your resposibilites changed?
Did anything change at all specifically related to your registration?

Did it land on your table or did you twist boss' arm? :-)

I am quite pleased with my job situation, but at the same time curious about how others have handled the situation.
Any related experiences and views in general are all welcome.

May 1, 05 7:45 am
BOTS

Architects Regulation Board are purported to be the self-appointed guardians Architects and everything associated. It’s political tosh – how they can their shambolic attempt to interfere in education, PI insurance not to mention their own internal wrangles be justified for the pimping fee they demand for me to call myself an Architect. Where’s my wallet….?

You boss can now ‘ officially’ change you out as an Architect, so any benefits for the company financially should have an impact on your negotiations; now you are recognised as meeting the ARB standards for an Architect practicing in the UK.

Technically you should now receive a similar salary to any other salaried architect in a practice. Of course this will depend on your experience and contribution to the whole.

May 2, 05 2:56 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: