Archinect
anchor

work samples for prospective employers

ferplexion

when an employer asks for "work samples" via mail, what do you send them?

do you send an entire portfolio? or just a single page?

if you send just one page, do you only put one project on it, or do you try to show the variety of your work? my own work is pretty varied, so I find it difficult to express myself with one project.

Apr 28, 05 3:16 am
zoroaster

Probably a few pages, something that can go with your resume and cover letter easily. I'd say make it as representative and "best of" as you can, so no need to limit it to just one work -- kind of like a prelude to tease them into wanting to see your whole portfolio, later in person. But that's just my relatively limited experience, I'm sure others will have something more to add.

Apr 29, 05 12:54 am  · 
 · 
jas

I've done a top 3 sheets that show varied projects or that meet the criteria of the firm...if the firm does schools...they don't want to see a supermarket they would rather see schools or other institutional buildings... I've also sent a sheet with a graphic display of multiple projects...to give them my varied capabilities...

Apr 29, 05 12:15 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: