Archinect
anchor

Back on Track

sweet em

For the past year I have been working as more of a project manager than an architect intern. I have been securing subs and negotiating contract prices, working on real estate marketing etc. for a design build office (non- architectural, i.e. developer, gasp). Although at this office I have potential for learning a lot we are currently in a lull and I am thinking of getting a job as a good 'ol intern. I have done little drafting since leaving school two years ago (probably 4 mos. experience). Should I expect more success applying for recent grad positions? 1-3 year experience positions? and when it comes to salary should I ask for more that I am making now (my salary is along the lines of what in intern with 1-2 years experience would make) or should I expect to get less because of my lack of drafting experience?

Apr 27, 05 12:31 pm
Sullivan.DJ

you will pick up drafting quickly - i don't think you should expect less than what youre making now. Plus having an architect intern with your experience is a huge plus.

Apr 27, 05 12:34 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: