Archinect
anchor

Chicago bound... offices?

mnagis

I am possibly moving back to Chicago from Los Angeles. Could be in the next couple of months could be in the next year. Either way, it is going to happen, and I would like to be prepared. I was wondering what firms you all might suggest looking into. I know a lot has changed since I have been there.

Right now I am working for a small (10-12 people) design office and I like that size and atmosphere. From what I remember this is a rarity in Chicago. I am open to any suggestions though. Thanking you in advance.

Apr 5, 05 3:25 pm
ice9

mnagis-

there are more good places in chicago than you may think. a brief list:

garofalo architect, studio gang architects, urbanlabs, brinstool & lynch, john ronan architects, krueck and sexton, david woodhouse architects,
wilkinson blender, wheeler kearns, valerio dewalt and train, stl...these are all pretty young, smallish firms (except valerio). there are more older chicago firms that also do good work.

you should check out www.aiachicago.org and click on "find the right architect" for a more complete list of chicago firms. also check out www.chicagoarchitectureclub.org for an impression of the architecture "scene".

Apr 5, 05 9:20 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: