Archinect
anchor

berotia couch?

not.right.now

anyone have information about a wire bertoia couch? i can't find mention of one online or in my furniture books....

i found a couch and i've been told it's bertoia....bright blue; thin vinyl cushions; wire; oval-ish.

thanks in advance...

Mar 19, 05 2:27 pm
Mum

I don't believe Harry Bertoia ever produced a couch. I have two diamond chairs, a bird chair and ottoman that my dad bought in the late 50's. I've been a fan of his furniture for years but I've never heard of a couch. It sounds like you have a designer's knock off.

If you find any more info about it, though, please post it!

Mar 19, 05 6:17 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

sounds really comfortable. i'll take two.

Mar 19, 05 6:22 pm  · 
 · 
not.right.now

thank you vado retro, now i remember why i never post here.

Mar 19, 05 6:36 pm  · 
 · 
g-love

nrn - i'll second mum's opinion - i have a bird chair/ottoman set and have done a fair amount of research on his work. all of his commercially produced work was done through knoll, so that would be the best place to send a photo to and ask. there's a small chance that it could be a prototype (there are several for pieces that were never mass produced, but 98% of those are still in knoll's or the bertoia estate's possession.

Mar 19, 05 7:08 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: