Archinect
anchor

Self Gratification For A Job Well Done

Manteno_Montenegro

I wonder how many of you treat yourselves when you've finished a big project, had something go perfectly at work, school, etc. Do you buy anything special for yourselves? Get a manicure? Buy a new pair of shoes? Big dinner out? Crank back a sixer of beer?
I'm sure some of you could say that you treat yourselves by doing less coke than the previous nights when you were cramming like a madman.

So what do you do?

Mar 11, 05 10:07 am
doberman

getting properly wrecked sounds like a reasonable option. But that probably means doing even more coke than the night before at work as well as other associated legal or illegal substances. maybe that's not such a good idea after all, maybe you should rest, you'll need all your strength for when you get back at work on monday for the next impossible deadline...

Mar 11, 05 11:55 am  · 
 · 
Jr.

Let myself buy a book--new, not used *or* let myself buy several used books at once (like, from Powells or somewhere).

Mar 11, 05 12:14 pm  · 
 · 
e

treat myself to a few special beers or buy a nice book i've been eyeing for awhile.

Mar 11, 05 1:03 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i have never done anything that well but i just bought a nice bottle of mark west pinot noir. last sunday i drove seventy miles one way for some pancakes.

Mar 11, 05 2:57 pm  · 
 · 
momentum

sleep

Mar 11, 05 3:07 pm  · 
 · 
Suture

i light a few scented candles and...

Mar 11, 05 3:18 pm  · 
 · 
J3

Self gratification...No, but not at the office! what kind of office do you work at?

We typically we have a "team" lunch. However, since the team is usually me, myself, and I...not much happens. Sometimes the GC will take a group somewhere...alcohol, football game (VT-USC +) etc.

Mar 11, 05 3:27 pm  · 
 · 

I just nailed an interview, and I plan to spend the afternoon lying on my couch watching movies, with all phones unplugged.

Mar 11, 05 3:48 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: