Archinect
anchor

Non-grad school entrance portfolio

Hasselhoff

So, I'm going to be looking for my first job in architecture this summer. What should I do with regards to a portfolio? I don't have an architecture background and this is my first year of grad school. Even if I put everything I've done in school into a portfolio, it would be about 3 pages long and pretty bad. I think we all know that the first year produces more rocks than gems. Suggestions?

Mar 10, 05 5:22 pm
eeayeeayo

Do you mean that you've finished your first year of grad school? If so you should have have more than 3 pages of work and employers will expect to see it. Perhaps you'll need to re-work some things a little bit to make them more presentable. Even if you mean that you just applied to grad school for the coming year you should still have the work from your application portfolio, right?

Emphasize whatever you do know how to do. If you know any relevant applications - PhotoShop, Illustrator, whatever - show some work from those. Know how to make websites? Good photographer? Spreadsheet wizard? Somebody will be looking for whatever skill you do have, so try to organize some examples of whatever you do know how to do.

Mar 10, 05 6:18 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: