Archinect
anchor

Graduate School Decision Dates IV, or, Who Didn't Get In

wonllee

Graduate School Decision Dates IV, or, Who Didn't Get In

I'm not trying to be mean or anything. Let's be informative.

on behalf of N.

Mar 10, 05 4:58 pm
tinydancer

Yeah-someone started another thread. Well every day I've been rushing home, and still no more news...not-so-patiently waiting....are we there yet?

Mar 10, 05 7:02 pm  · 
 · 

It'll be on the other thread, wonlee. Also, two threads started, but no posts?

Mar 10, 05 7:16 pm  · 
 · 
ampersand

seriously, this thread is such a good idea.

Mar 10, 05 7:22 pm  · 
 · 
ichweiB

What do you think?

One school said to send a seld addressed envelope for returning your portfolio when the process was over. I received it, but nothing else. Do you think that means I was rejected or possibly they will send a letterhead specifying if I did or did not get in. I talked to one person, and he thought they would send me a letterhead and that I just recieved my portfolio before the letterhead came. Any opinons?

Mar 10, 05 8:39 pm  · 
 · 
ichweiB

self addressed*

Mar 10, 05 9:15 pm  · 
 · 
ross

maybe you're waitlisted and the ongoing agony of not knowing where you'll be headed will last even longer.

:-)

Mar 10, 05 9:50 pm  · 
 · 
ichweiB

well. I talked to a guy this evening who applied to the same school. He actually got his denial notice 2 weeks ago. Because the school requires you to give them your own return envelope, they don;t send your portfolio back to you with the letterhead. Anyhow-I might have a shot considering he got his denial 2 weeks ago, and I haven't gotten anything until now...we'll see...it should come today!

Mar 11, 05 9:25 am  · 
 · 
ichweiB

well. I talked to a guy this evening who applied to the same school. He actually got his denial notice 2 weeks ago. Because the school requires you to give them your own return envelope, they don;t send your portfolio back to you with the letterhead. Anyhow-I might have a shot considering he got his denial 2 weeks ago, and I haven't gotten anything until now...we'll see...it should come today!

Mar 11, 05 9:25 am  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

rejected from Harvard GSD/FAS PhD program. oh well.

Mar 12, 05 10:05 pm  · 
 · 

It's because you don't have a reading knowledge of three languages.

Seriously, though, how many people are admitted to a PhD program like that? Less than five per year I'm sure. I know cornell usually only takes 1.

Mar 13, 05 11:52 am  · 
 · 
kissy_face

i know people who did the GSD/Fas ph.D by doing the M.Des program first and then applying to the Phd after they got here. It seems to be the 'easist' way to get in. I know one person who was just accepted this year.

Mar 13, 05 12:27 pm  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

after looking at the architectural record education chart, there is a little statistic there that says that GSD/FAS accepts 0.4% of their applicants. I'm probably going to do the M.E.D. at Yale, and hopefully that will help when I apply to top flight programs.

I do have a reading knowledge of four languages, but alas, that was of no use.

ho hum ....

Mar 13, 05 12:32 pm  · 
 · 
newstreamlinedmodel

if they take about a hundred people a year that would mean that they got 25,000 applicants. Seems a bit high.

Princeton useually gets about 500 which is a lot but I'm sure it's the pretty much the same 500 people applying to all these joints. I can't imagine there being fifty times as many architect wanabes out there but maybe I'm wrong. If I am that's amazing.

Mar 13, 05 1:11 pm  · 
 · 
newstreamlinedmodel

oh you're talking about the PhD, Sorry.

Mar 13, 05 1:12 pm  · 
 · 

smokety--JC, what is your background, cv, future goals (i.e. research interests). Been considering a career in research myself lately.

Mar 13, 05 3:54 pm  · 
 · 
kylemiller

anyone else dreading the rejection letter from Princeton either today or tomorrow? or do you still think there are chances for acceptance?

Mar 14, 05 11:30 am  · 
 · 
tf123

I would like to stay hopeful.
But it seems like there is less and less of a chance as we approach March 15.
Has anyone else heard from Princeton?

Mar 14, 05 11:42 am  · 
 · 
Nancy

still no word...sigh

Mar 14, 05 12:00 pm  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

I got my rejection email (!!!!) from Princeton 5 minutes ago ...

Mar 14, 05 3:45 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: