Archinect
anchor

Second Interview Tips and Suggestions

duke19_98

Ok Archinect. You guys were a big help in my first round of interviews, so any suggestions for the follow ups?

What kind of questions do you ask as an employer during a second interview? What kind of questions do you expect/like to hear from an interviewee? Should this interview be treated more casual, even if I'll be meeting some people that I've have never met before? Some of the these will be over lunch, any advice there?

If offered a specific salary lower than expected, should you begin negotiating on the spot, or should you wait and call back at a later date? Thanks for your advice once again.

Mar 8, 05 8:11 pm
Ddot

You should treat the interview as if you're screening them as potential employers, too. Don't let it be too one-sided, with you putting on a show to impress someone.

Aside from all the procedural and financial stuff, if you haven't done so already:

I would ask if the position I'm being interviewed for is a new position or to replace someone. If it's someone else, what were the circumstances under which they left. what are some employee statistics - numbers, length of service, firm organization. what is the immediate outlook for work load - individually and across the firm. what are the firm's goals, and are they meeting them. can you review the employee guidelines, if they have any.

what is the office culture like -- people with headphones on and not talking to each other can be a tough office to move into. are there regular staff meetings, management meetings, scheduling meetings, training seminars. how are office communications distributed.

In your initial interview, I hope you were able to pick up on the general attitude of the firm and be able to tailor your approach the right way- whether casual or formal. Either way, you should show your confidence, because you are getting a call back.

best of luck.

Mar 9, 05 11:27 am  · 
 · 
siggers

good advice ddot, more than I would ever thought of!

Mar 9, 05 2:44 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

tell them how you are going to make/keep them profitable.

Mar 9, 05 6:06 pm  · 
 · 
kn825

dont wear the same thing as in the first interview.

Mar 10, 05 10:06 am  · 
 · 
duke19_98

Thanks Ddot and others. Any negotiating tips?

Mar 10, 05 12:08 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: