Archinect
anchor

UK degree and a job in the US?

tinbin

Was there a posting related to this topic before on archinect? i was`nt able to find it.
how difficult is for a person of indian origin with a landscape masters degree in the Uk to find a job in the US? what are the ways? there were numerous postings about finding a job in the Uk for architects which now seems very difficult, but not the US.
someone tell me about the Uk based landscape firms in US? Anybody with any experience?

Mar 8, 05 12:18 am
Jo

ya...even i would like to know about openings in the US, I am an Indian with a master's degree in architecture from UK and finding it very difficult to get good jobs here. Wonder if there are any opportunities in the US

Mar 8, 05 12:29 am  · 
 · 
bigness

get a portfolio and a plane ticket, the only person i know who did it succesfully took the plunge and found a job, contact practices beforehand and then give yourslf 2 weeks for interviews...sounds a bit extreme i know, but it's the only success story i have heard...

Mar 8, 05 8:27 am  · 
 · 
TED

you should look here...... http://www.aipt.org/ http://www.iaeste.org/about/index.html landscape architecture is not listed as a exchange program so i am not sure this would matter for you.

i will have to say that immigration is being tightened up and as the bush economy is crap businesses are still holding their own. to sponser someone for something else other than a training visa requires the employer to have advertised and determined no other quailifed candidates and that you have some special skills no one else has to offer. the INS is now testing a system that they would require all green card holders[and working visa holders] to wear pernament ankle id bracletts so that they can be scanned for their where abouts all the time. perhaps its a bit of lance armstrong'ish but i see it more like dog collars.

people i know with green cards are scambling to get passports or else because the rules change daily and surprse they are getting tighter.. its not a pretty picture at imigration. the dollar is shit. think twice before to the 'home of the free' because it aint no more.

Mar 8, 05 5:19 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

there is no landscape left in amerika, so sorry.

Mar 8, 05 5:46 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: