Archinect
anchor

Use of exclamation mark!

siggers

I've realised recently that I use the "!" far too much in what I write and text! I never used to use it at all, and in fact used to berate my over zealous "!ing" friends to stop using it as it made them sound like they were really hyperactive! (!)

Anyone else have this problem?! I think it is to do with the fact that my dry wit works fine in the first person, but when I email I or write I get worried that people won't know I'm joking around! (!)

It's getting a little tedious!

Mar 7, 05 5:56 am
BOTS

It's like swear words. Use them too often and no one gives a fuck!

Mar 7, 05 6:00 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

let me be the first to agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mar 7, 05 6:57 am  · 
 · 
e

I RARELY USE EXCLAMATION POINTS OR CAPS!!!

Mar 7, 05 11:38 am  · 
 · 
Ddot

The exclamation point is quite over used.

Might I suggest you use the interrobang when you need to express your doubts with some emphasis.

several versions of it exist in your typical wingding fonts. And it's a nice bit of typography.

Mar 7, 05 12:00 pm  · 
 · 
siggers

"interrobang" LOL!!!

Mar 7, 05 12:42 pm  · 
 · 
ArchAngel

I'm still looking for an upside-down exclamation mark to prefix most anything. !Hola Amigoes(as)! It just doesn't look right when they're both right-side-up?! !Please Advise!
!Ciao!

Mar 7, 05 1:13 pm  · 
 · 
juan moment

¡Si! in word - press SHIFT- CTRL - ALT - ¡

it’s the same deal for ¿Cómo?

¡Ciao!

Mar 7, 05 1:25 pm  · 
 · 
ArchAngel

¡Damn!
¡Gracias!

Mar 7, 05 1:28 pm  · 
 · 
Ddot

you might find this handy, too.

Mar 7, 05 1:58 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: