Archinect
anchor

conflict between architects and clients

sharna

Hi,
I am writing a paper on
"Conflict between the perception of architecs and clients"

Can anyone give me any referrences regarding this topic?
Any detail article or write-up will also be helpful

Sharna
Dhaka
Bangladesh

Mar 6, 05 10:18 am
jitter12

Do you mean perception as in client expectations versus reality? please clarify.

Mar 6, 05 12:58 pm  · 
 · 
sharna

I am trying to sort out the ...the point at which clients and architects used to disagree. like....
clients requirements vs reality; aesthetics sense, time management, costing etc etc
also the possibilities of reducing conflict.

Mar 7, 05 6:50 am  · 
 · 
siggers

If there was a case where an army of architects and an army of clients had actually gone to war, and hence conflict, would this be of interest to you?

Sorry, I don't know of many examples...although the Baths (at Baths?) by whatshisface are pretty acrimonious...who did them again?

Mar 7, 05 11:01 am  · 
 · 
JG

My thoughts on the conflict: Clients should pull out of the occupied territories thereby returning control to the architects however the architects must comply with the recently passed resolutions and put forth an effort to resume negotiations with the clients. When the two live side by side and or even together some day then peace and prosperity can return for these people.

Mar 7, 05 11:10 am  · 
 · 
siggers

lol(!)

Sorry sharna ;-)

Mar 7, 05 12:44 pm  · 
 · 
maaik

I've drawn several Archibald-strips on this.
Take a look on my website: www.maaik.com

Mar 8, 05 9:39 am  · 
 · 
citizen

Interview a few architects. I guarantee that every single one will have stories for you. (Granted, this is more work than asking people online to do your bibliography for you.) Still, a few phone calls or brief office visits would give some heft to your paper that a reliance on secondary sources won't.

Mar 9, 05 3:44 pm  · 
 · 
e909

i love this term, "client therapy"

meanwhile, the client exclaims, "get your hands out of my wallet!"

~~~
'it's all about money in the land of milk and honey'

Mar 10, 05 6:12 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: