Archinect
anchor

Internet 2 MARCEL

could anyone explain what this Internet 2 or MARCEL is, exactly? i have been hearing this 'new network ' talk but nobody has explained to me exactly what it is .. (technically)
i understand the whole university and artists' community part. but HOW is this network different from the old one.? the problem is i don't know much about the old one either, so you really have to dumb it down for me....

Mar 2, 05 7:36 pm
French

I don't know what marcel is, but if you were French you would find this thread title hilarious.

Mar 3, 05 5:08 am  · 
 · 
JG

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Internet2 is a non-profit consortium led by over 200 US universities and a number of corporate partners from the networking and technology business, including AT&T, Intel, Sun Microsystems, Cisco Systems and others. Its purpose is to develop and deploy advanced network applications and technologies such as IPv6, IP multicasting and quality of service. It does not aim to create a new network separate from the Internet but to ensure that new applications and technologies are deployed to the existing Internet.

Internet2 members have created the Abilene Network. In addition, Internet2 supports the National LambdaRail project.

www.internet2.edu

Mar 3, 05 9:24 am  · 
 · 
rayray

and I thought that this was going to be about duchamp

Mar 3, 05 10:34 am  · 
 · 
c

French:
en faite, francaise je ne suis pas, mais oui je la parle, le nom marcel etait choisit au nom de duchamp, mais c'est aussi un anacronyme pour le pprogram...
Desole mon vieux, mais le monopole francais sur les jeux d. mots n'existe plus....

Mar 3, 05 5:24 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: