Archinect
anchor

Green Materials/Green Technologies

psteiner

At school I am in a class, Green Materials and we recently went to a site visit for the Chicago Center for Green Technologies we were asked to write a response to what we saw and answer the following question:

"Should green design be easily recognized or should it blend into the conventional architecture of our time?"

My response was that until green design becomes mainstream not only in the design sphere, but the world culture at large it should be obvious and in your face...otherwise these amazing designs tend to get hidden and swept to the side. Currently it seems in the oublic sphere the field is regulated to publicity stunts. Once everyone can see that green design is necessary for the continuation of all design then sure let it be anonymous...

What do you think?

I highly reccommend anyone on Chicago to go visit the CCGT, they do community outreach and education...of course you really don't hear about it.

Feb 28, 05 8:18 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: