Archinect
anchor

things not to miss while in san francisco...

scout

going to san francisco during my last spring break ever...what are the hidden treasures that i shouldn't miss??...buildings, museums, galleries, etc. etc....anything to intrigue the architecture student

Feb 24, 05 8:12 pm
taboho

H&deM's new De Young Museum (under construction)

Feb 24, 05 8:16 pm  · 
 · 
meversusyou
http://www.noisepop.com/

check it out, i'll be there and there and there and maybe there

Feb 24, 05 8:57 pm  · 
 · 
Tim DeCoster

Watch them switch a cable car at the end of the track. It's not architecture, but interesting.

Feb 24, 05 9:14 pm  · 
 · 
enzo76
www.joekish.com
Feb 25, 05 4:30 pm  · 
 · 
Bryan Finoki

I always fail miserably at this question, can’t tell if it’s just me or something about SF, or both. Regardless, sadly, I can’t offer you much for gemy hidden architecture here.

A couple other options though: maybe go check out these blobby photos, or Michael Wolf’s density shots. You should also go take a look at the construction of Morphosis’ Fed Bldg (Mission St./7th?) and tell me what you make of that thing, becasue I am not sure. This party might be cool, but you never know. Then a little pit stop in Stout Books. Have fun!

Feb 25, 05 4:58 pm  · 
 · 
meversusyou

michael wolf's gallery showing is really interesting, imho.
better get there fast, tomorrow is the last day i believe.

Feb 25, 05 5:05 pm  · 
 · 
sahar

Golden Gate Bridge
Mountainview Cemetery (in Oakland) designed by Olmstead
quite a few cool Pflueger buildings
SFMOMA/Yerba Buena Garden

Feb 25, 05 5:46 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: