Archinect
anchor

Hurricanes and Buildings Thread

I posted two pictures in Thread Central last week showing build damage, actually more like product damage, from Hurricane Helene. I’ll repost them in the comments here.

While my heart breaks for the people involved in natural disasters I’m also fascinated by the way storms damage buildings. Please share building-related comments about prepping, damage, and surviving natural phenomena. 

Oct 9, 24 7:56 am

Both of these pics (same photographer on both) show Hurricane Helene’s flood waters forcing material goods *out* of the interior of stores in North Carolina. It’s an indexical sign of force. Awesome. 

Oct 9, 24 8:01 am  · 
 · 

And this photo I found on Threads of someone in Florida today. This looks like a not-realistic idea but…the guy says the stakes go 10’ into the ground and are connected with concrete below-grade so, maybe?

Oct 9, 24 8:03 am  · 
1  · 
midlander

if things are bad enough to need them, i imagine they aren't going to help against the flooding and airborne debris. and hopefully he lined them up with the rafters...

Oct 9, 24 8:30 am  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: