Archinect
anchor

Challenges Encountered in the Development and Implementation Phases of Ecologically Sustainable Architectural Projects

Gramiger

Greetings,

I trust this message finds you well. As an aspiring architect immersed in the realm of ecological and sustainable design, I am currently engaged in a research endeavor aimed at delving into the intricate challenges that confront professionals within this sphere. With an acute focus on the multifaceted issues that beset architects committed to crafting projects that align with environmentally conscious benchmarks, I am keenly interested in uncovering the nuances surrounding aspects such as material availability and the acquisition of optimal design methodologies.

In this pursuit, I humbly request your valued insights and experiences. If you have encountered, witnessed, or participated in instances where ecological and sustainable architects navigated the complexities of developing projects that adhere to high standards, I would greatly appreciate it if you could share your observations. The challenges faced, the strategies employed, and the outcomes achieved hold immense value in shedding light on the practical hurdles and ingenious solutions that characterize this dynamic field.

Thank you immensely for your time and consideration. I eagerly
anticipate your insights and am deeply grateful for your willingness to
contribute to the advancement of sustainable architectural knowledge.

Aug 9, 23 7:31 pm
Wood Guy

I just got an email message from someone with a very similar writing style and interests--any chance your initials are S.M.?

I do residential design, focusing on "sustainable" projects--in quotes because in reality they are a little better than average but not truly environmentally sustainable. Few clients want to pay for Passive House-level performance or Living Building Challenge truly sustainable homes, especially the bureaucracy required for certification, but I have found the market is wide open for those who can design and build energy-efficient, attractive, durable homes that are healthy for the occupants and that have lower levels of embodied carbon emissions than typical homes.

Aug 10, 23 9:20 am  · 
1  · 
Bench

You got the follow-up book happening? Give the people what they want!

Aug 10, 23 10:07 am  · 
1  · 
Wood Guy

Yes! Sort of, anyway. We are going to write Pretty Good House Renovations as a follow-up to our first book (shameless plug: https://www.amazon.com/Pretty-Good-House-Michael-Maines/dp/1641551658/ref=asc_df_1641551658) and we've had a couple of meetings about it but we have all too busy to sit down and write.

Aug 10, 23 11:02 am  · 
2  · 
graphemic

This has got to be another bot. 

If not, OP: your writing needs improvement. If you're "aspiring" then I assume it's academia we must blame. I'm no anti-intellectual, but few design faculty are capable of teaching writing and communication or are even aware that it may be their responsibility.

Writing is the backbone of professional practice. Read "The Elements of Style" by Strunk & White as a start. 

Aug 10, 23 5:33 pm  · 
3  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: