Archinect
anchor

Future Interior Architect

ariannalemons

Hi there, I will be a high school senior in the fall and am trying to organize my college search and information. I was wondering what are the best steps and advice to becoming an interior architect and going through school. Would you recommend doing a B.Arch or a 4 year BA/BS and 2 year M.Arch? What pathway would be best to get an education while gaining professional experience and obtaining an architect license without wasting a bunch of money or time? I would also appreciate any advice or extra information if you can.

Thank you!

Jul 4, 23 5:42 pm
Non Sequitur

accredited (real) architecture degree or bust. Interior arch is just marketing for interior design in my area and has no professional meaning. 

Jul 4, 23 5:55 pm  · 
2  · 

Agreed. Those that do a 4 year interior architecture degree have to face a battle of explaining it in interviews. Agree that it’s better to do the architecture degree since you can split off into whatever type of architecture entices you.

Jul 4, 23 8:41 pm  · 
2  · 
____

A state (yours or where you can get resident status) school that has an accredited professional bachelor degree program.

There are a few exceptions to state schools so it is not a given.

Imo it is the student that makes the program not the other way around.

Get as much funding as you can.

Jul 4, 23 9:09 pm  · 
 · 
____

An architecture degree as others have said.

Jul 4, 23 9:11 pm  · 
 · 
vividkreations

Invigorating vocation decision! As a future inside planner, you'll have the staggering an open door to shape spaces and establish conditions that mix style with usefulness. Your plans could impact how individuals experience and collaborate with different spaces.

Aug 16, 23 11:01 am  · 
 · 
Bench

This has to be one of the weirdest bot posts ever.

Aug 16, 23 12:15 pm  · 
1  · 
____

Yes, but it is interesting as a verbal sketch.

Aug 16, 23 8:49 pm  · 
 · 
____

A bot that references James Joyce. Cool.

Aug 16, 23 8:55 pm  · 
 · 
reallynotmyname

Ideal pathway is a 5 year BArch at a public school where you will be charged in-state tuition.   Extra helpful if the university also has an interior design program (it may or may not be under the umbrella of the architecture school) where you can take some classes as well.  The interior design courses will expose you to stuff that the architecture school skips over like furniture and textiles, interior building materials, etc.  There may be some private schools that have the same combo, but I'm not personally aware of them.

Aug 16, 23 3:46 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: