Archinect
anchor

Sustainability SME

shellarchitect

All,

I've been asked to be my firms sustainability SME, a title which doesn't seem to have any responsibilities or duties.  Are there any subject matter experts here who would be willing to share what they do?

Thanks,

Mar 21, 23 11:02 am

I'm a SME for building codes and 'funky detailing'.  All it really means for me is that I'm asked a lot questions about how to do stuff.  I'll often provide quick 'training' or 'lessons learned' reports during our weekly company meetings.  It's not fancy - mostly just 'hey everyone be aware that the new IBC requires _____' or 'when doing an assembly like this you need to be aware of _______ when flashing your openings'. 

In a corporate business setting this typically means you're used to train other staff in that particular subject.  

Mar 21, 23 11:53 am  · 
 · 

Edit: Never mind... Got it.

Mar 21, 23 4:20 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

"subject matter expert"

Mar 21, 23 4:22 pm  · 
1  · 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It dawned on me and beat me to the punch but your reply should remain for clarifying it someone. There was two options rolling around in my head.... Small to Medium Enterprise/Entity (SME) and the other being subject matter expert.

Thank you for clarifying.

Mar 21, 23 4:24 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Ricky, your first instinct should have been SME for structural mechanical electrical.

Mar 21, 23 4:34 pm  · 
1  · 

That would be a good point and probably would have come to mind but was probably pre-filtered out when I was taking into account shellarchitect's and Chad's posts.

Mar 21, 23 5:11 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: