Archinect
anchor

Monograph

Wood Guy

Is anyone using Monograph for business management: https://monograph.com/? I'm getting their dog-and-pony-show tomorrow. Or what similar software or support do you use?

Nov 28, 22 10:41 am

Never used it and unfortunately don't' know anyone who has.  We use CMAP.  I would be interested in hearing what you think of Monograph though.  

Nov 28, 22 1:34 pm  · 
1  · 
msparchitect

I've looked into different project management processes almost every year for the past 3. I always take a look at Monograph but never like their pricing structure for a small practice compared to others. I'm also in Design/Build and that doesn't really fit their system that well. I felt like their system is geared towards a 20-50 person practice. 

Nov 29, 22 2:43 pm  · 
 · 
Wood Guy

I did design/build for a while and used CoConstruct. Do you use that, or BuilderTrend?

Nov 30, 22 3:20 pm  · 
 · 
msparchitect

I haven't. Pros/Cons?

Nov 30, 22 5:36 pm  · 
 · 
Wood Guy

They are somewhat complicated and expensive, but many of the builders I work with swear by them. They (and I) do only residential work; I'm not sure if it's appropriate for commercial-scale projects. They used to be competitors but are now sister companies. 

Dec 1, 22 9:26 am  · 
 · 
Wood Guy

I got a 30-min overview but the first half was the sales guy asking me questions, then he showed me how their gantt chart system works. It's simple but clever and would help me with one of my many challenges, forecasting work flow. It's pretty affordable at $45/seat. They have a lot of other elements but we didn't get into them. It definitely seems geared toward larger firms but I think it would help my tiny (1.5-person) firm as well. I'll probably do a trial to learn more.

Nov 30, 22 3:19 pm  · 
 · 
msparchitect

Definitely report back!

Nov 30, 22 5:36 pm  · 
1  · 
proto

as a tiny shop, i'd be interested in what you decide

we use harvest & have been pretty happy, but it isn't really a PM-style app

Nov 30, 22 3:41 pm  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: