Archinect
anchor

M.Arch I&II 2023 Application Status

mrcutout

Hello everyone,

This thread is for all 2023 cycle M.Arch applicants to share our application status and decisions, in the spirit of sharing helpful information and supporting each other, especially mental-health-wise.

If you have questions, ask away! I'm sure someone could help you.

Suggested format -

• Undergraduate Degree/ School/ Year graduated 
  • GPA - GRE  - TOEFL 
  • Letter of recommendations 
  • Personal Essay/Statement 
  • Portfolio
  • Schools 
  • Open house impressions 
  • Results 
  • Tips

Sep 8, 22 2:09 am
divyabamba

Hello,

I’m preparing to apply for M. Arch courses for sep’23 intake. I did my bachelors degree from CCA and I scored an aggregate of 66%. I was an average student to begin with, but I develop passion for the subject gradually, more so on the humanitarian aspect of it all.

After two years of working in different disciplines of the field, interior projects being my main forte, I’d like to do my masters now. My dream college is UCL. Can anyone give me a bit of guidance as to how to structure my portfolio and application so that I can get an offer from the same. I would also like a recommendation of other colleges I should apply to.

Thank you and Regards

Sep 15, 22 1:44 pm  · 
 · 
Lindsaymiller

I am not sure if you are interested in RISD but they have portfolio tips and Q and A videos with faculty that I found really helpful.

Sep 28, 22 6:10 pm  · 
 · 
sumedhgangurde

Look for us universities. Every university outside us only looks at the GPA. While us admissions are more holistic. You'll have better opportunity there. Even im planning for next year.

Oct 3, 22 2:35 pm  · 
 · 
Lindsaymiller

LSU- Bachelor of Art / Graduating December 2022

• GPA - GRE  - TOEFL 

3.4 :/    trying to get my target GRE score by the end of October (hopefully it will make up for my GPA, I am a little nervous about it) 

mentor, history professor (I am minoring in history), and one from an arch professor

Began some brainstomring activities, still struggling to piece it together 

• Portfolio

Including some metalwork I have, two big studio art projects, and some professional work 

• Schools 

RICE, Pratt, RISD, LSU / I would like to apply to one more school (preferably one I am more likely to receive financial aid for, I am not sure my application will be competitive enough for my top 3 schools) 

• Open house impressions 

I toured RICE - love how small the program is and really impressed with the work I have seen come out of the school

Also toured Pratt - love the location and seems like a lot of attention is paid to their M.arch program (looked like a really exciting environment to be a part of)

• Results 
  • Tips

I would love to hear any tips anyone has on how to approach applications!

Sep 28, 22 6:09 pm  · 
 · 
mrcutout

Thanks for sharing! I would love to know more about RICE's program. I'm interested in a more artistic architecture school. Since you come from studio art background, I assume you are more sensitive to that aspect. Do you think RICE falls into that category?

Sep 28, 22 9:58 pm  · 
 · 
Lindsaymiller

From what I have seen, not in the way a school like RISD or Pratt does, as far as facilities go. I was told they have a woodshop and are currently building a metal shop. My interest in Rice stems from an interest in research and history (my minor). However, they have some really interesting classes, and it seems like they focus a lot on theory. If you look on their website, there are a ton of student projects to look through that may give you a good idea of the work that comes out of the school. I would consider it a more artistic architecture school from what I've seen. I'm not sure how reliable that opinion is because I don't have a plethora of knowledge to base that on.

Sep 28, 22 11:08 pm  · 
1  · 
mrcutout

Thanks for sharing. Ya RISD is definitely on my list too . Good luck with your application!

Sep 29, 22 12:45 am  · 
 · 

XUNITRT - Have you looked at SCI-ARC?

Oct 5, 22 8:57 am  · 
 · 
Zclpppp

May I ask if LSU is a good school of MArch program? Or it is just a average joe state u just like which I have got my BArch

Dec 25, 22 6:16 pm  · 
 · 
Lindsaymiller

In at Tulane. Denied from Umich.

Feb 28, 23 9:40 am  · 
1  · 
meteoricc

Suggested format -

• Fall 2023 /State School in NE/ B.S. Architecture
  • GPA - GRE  - TOEFL 
    • 3.4/Not taking GRE
    • Major GPA closer to a 3.8, deficiencies came from failing freshman year in engineering
    • Studio Professors that I have TA'd for in Undergrad, Internship Boss, Maybe Director of Program through AIAS work
  • Portfolio
    • 4 Undergrad Design Studios [technically 5 but my first studio work is not even worth saving and mostly physical modeling]
    • Supplemental digital design work/Internship Work
  • Schools 
    • Casting a wide net because I believe I have a strong C.V. to supplement middling overall GPA. [MArch 1 for Reach Schools and 2 otherwise]
      • Yale
      • Cornell
      • RISD
        -------------------------
      • WashU in STL
      • Georgia Tech
      • Virginia Tech
      • U Washington

• Results -N/A
  • Tips
    • I still actually have no idea where I want to attend school realistically. I know that I want to attend a school that emphasizes theory, and to eventually teach, but I have no distinguishing things or programs within any school that really attracts me. Let me know about some schools/functions/faculty/curricula/anything really that you'd wanna advertise over to me because the list is still in limbo atm.

Oct 14, 22 4:31 pm  · 
 · 
mrcutout

Thanks for sharing. Good luck!

Oct 18, 22 6:19 pm  · 
 · 
meteoricc

Waitlisted at Yale :/

Feb 27, 23 1:50 pm  · 
1  · 
meteoricc

In at UW, financial aid pending

Mar 3, 23 5:06 pm  · 
 · 
meteoricc

Waitlisted at Cornell

Mar 8, 23 3:09 pm  · 
 · 
meteoricc

In at WashU, financial aid pending. Out at GA Tech and RISD

Mar 9, 23 1:53 pm  · 
1  · 
meteoricc

In at USC -$

Mar 9, 23 7:22 pm  · 
1  · 
meteoricc

In at VT, no financial aid info.

Mar 14, 23 10:35 pm  · 
1  · 
meteoricc

WashU 3yr -$$$.

Mar 22, 23 11:57 am  · 
1  · 
character_arch

Which option did you end up going with? I am looking into some of the same schools and would be curious to hear why you picked what you did.

Oct 5, 23 1:01 pm  · 
 · 
PAULRAND00

BArts in Art History and Studio Art / "Small liberal arts" in NE / 2022

• GPA - GRE  - TOEFL 

3.8- not taking

My professors from each of my majors, one who studied Architecture at Berkeley, and an architect I interned for 

Still piecing it together... how my interests and sculptures play into the architect i want to be 

• Portfolio

20 pages with mostly my sculptures, and work i did at harvard's design discovery program this summer

• Schools 

not many, but Yale, Harvard, RISD, GSAPP, and maybe Princeton

• Open house impressions 

Yale's was great, even tho it was Zoom it felt personal and warm. Harvard feels super corporate to me, even during my time at DD. 

• Results 

TBD

• Tips

Just excited to have some information. I feel kinda in the dark about the whole process

Dec 11, 22 1:52 pm  · 
 · 
mrcutout

Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed Yale's zoom info session as well, and all Profs are very generous with application & portfolio & financial aids tips.

Dec 12, 22 1:29 pm  · 
 · 
PAULRAND00

In at Harvard, Rejected from Yale

Mar 6, 23 12:44 pm  · 
 · 
PAULRAND00

In at RISD and GSAPP

Mar 10, 23 1:53 pm  · 
1  · 
lasagna

I'm also choosing between RISD and GSAPP! Have you made a decision yet? I love the small class size and cool electives at RISD, but the courses and faculty at GSAPP seem exciting too and the campus is amazing.

Mar 26, 23 11:53 pm  · 
 · 
lasagna

just saw you're also in at GSD though my b

Mar 26, 23 11:54 pm  · 
 · 
baccicostanza

Politecnico di Milano- B.Sc in Architectural Design

Expected Graduation march 2023

• GPA - GRE  - TOEFL 

27.5/30 so i would say roughly 3.7/4.0

1 from thesis supervisor, and studio professor (pretty famous), 1 from restoration studio professor, 1 from design studio tutor

wrote about my interested of Architecture at different scales, on the plasticity of degrees in 2022 and about my view on cross contamination of different subjects within Architecture. Also included details on my upbringing in Italy and the effect that my surroundings had on me.

• Portfolio

20/25 pages depending on the schools i applied to.

4 academic projects ranging from urban design to exhibition/furniture design, included some AI generated content, 1 personal project, some excerpts from essays and thesis on Radical Architecture. 

• Schools 

Columbia GSAPP, Pratt, GSD, AA, Politecnico di Milano

• Open house impressions 

Virtual GSAPP and GSD, liked GSAPP

• Results 

-

• Tips

This process is just stressful, hope its worth it 

Dec 16, 22 3:44 am  · 
1  · 
baccicostanza

ANY comment is appreciated :)

Dec 16, 22 3:46 am  · 
 · 
nicholasmiranda

Undergraduate Degree/ School/ Year graduated 

B.S. Urban & Public Affairs, low rated state school in med/large US city, Spring 2023

GPA - GRE  - TOEFL 

3.46/4.00 cumulative, not taking, not taking

Letter of recommendations 

4 of the 3 required. Best one from my thesis advisor, and two others from recent classes that I did well in but didn't have very personal relationships with professors, also one of those was an arch class and the other was an urbanism class. Last letter is from a arch design class I took my first semester of college at another university in 2019. I haven't spoken much to that prof since, but I think we got along well. Overall, LORss are one of the weaker aspects of my application.

Personal Essay/Statement 

I spent the most time on this and had it looked over too many times. strong 1.5 pages with lots of juicy bits that show i know about the school I'm applying to. I feel good about it and perhaps it can make up from my GPA and LOR's.

Portfolio

I'm an urban planning adjacent major with a few design courses under my belt so I had some projects to show off. I didn't want the portfolio to consume me like my statement if purpose did so I kept it short and sweet (13 pages + covers and table of contents) and well representative of my skills. Max pages 20.

Schools

Only applying to University of Washington in Seattle (M.Arch 3 year for Fall 2023) since its more affordable than private school and I'd love to live in Seattle. I wasn't feeling other "attainable" arch schools in Chicago or Boston (UIC, UMass) as much as UW. 

Open house impressions 

Went to the in person open house in October 2022, was impressed. Love the school and the program seems great. Lots of resources and study abroad options. Research studios fit my niches well. 

Results 

TBD

Tips

P.S. I'm a US citizen, eligible for Washington residency for tuition, and I'm air force veteran with only a summer internship's worth of experience in a commercial real estate office. 

Dec 29, 22 1:38 pm  · 
 · 
nicholasmiranda

Accepted, no $ :(

Apr 13, 23 5:55 pm  · 
 · 
ham1

Undergraduate Degree/ School/ Year graduated 

B.S. Architecture / State School / 2022

GPA - GRE  - TOEFL 

3.8, N/A, N/A

Two from college professors (I had one two studios + two other classes, the other is from the directors of undergrad program) and one from my job (firm principle + my current project manager)

Personal Essay/Statement 

My thesis project centered around adaptive reuse and affordable housing, so I focus on my future focusing on that + my background growing up having to move multiple times due to the housing crisis. 

Portfolio

4 studio projects and some photography. Projects focus on adaptive reuse, urban agriculture, 

Schools

GSD (M.Arch & MRE), GSAPP (M.Arch I & M.S.RED), MIT, Berkeley, Princeton, U Penn. 

I'm really interested in pairing my M.Arch with a degree/certificate in Real Estate Development. I love design, but I imagine transitioning into more of a business/development role at some point in my career. 

Open house impressions 

Every open house I attended was virtual. Despite other reviews, I loved GSD's open house so they shot up my list. U Penn was surprisingly good, Berkeley's was surprisingly bad (I've been to one last year that was much better, not sure what the deal was this year). I'd love to live in Boston, so MIT gets a boost even though I'm not a fan of how research-focused and small the program is. If I get into both degrees at GSAPP I'd love to go but it's incredibly expensive. 

Results 

TBD

Tips

P.S. I'm a US citizen, CA resident so in-state for Berkeley would be incredible. Everyone who I knew that got into Princeton got insane scholarship money so I'm hoping that physical portfolio pays off. 

Dec 29, 22 7:28 pm  · 
2  · 
ham1

In at Berkeley!! No $$ or AP info yet but I'm incredibly happy either way

Feb 28, 23 12:00 am  · 
 · 
ham1

In at Penn, out at GSD

Mar 6, 23 4:39 pm  · 
1  · 
ham1

Out at Princeton, got portal notification a few hours ago

Mar 7, 23 8:02 pm  · 
1  · 
ZahaHadont

BFA in Architecture / Savannah College of Art & Design / 2022

• GPA - GRE  - TOEFL 

3.7 - N/A - N/A

3 Letters of Recommendations from Professors, one being an alumni of University of Pennsylvania, and the 4th Letter of Recommendation from the General Manager at my job. 

My thesis revolves around computational design and various applications of machine learning coexisting in the current framework of Architecture - so my statement of objectives encompassed around this field of research. As for personal statements, I wrote about my upbringing as my Father is an Architect and how this influenced my perspective in the field, as well as my personal experiences undertaking jobs at a young age fundamentally shaping my path in Architecture. 

• Portfolio

Included 2 academic projects, 1 professional project, 1 digital fabrication project, and a plethora of additional work ranging from illustrations/drawings, to hyper-realistic renditions. 

• Schools 

Yale University, Columbia University, Princeton University, MIT, Cornell University, University of Pennsylvania, WashUSTL, Northeastern University, Berkeley, USC, UCL, & Cardiff University.

• Open house impressions 

N/A

• Results 

TBD

• Tips

We can only hope for the best. 

Jan 2, 23 4:31 pm  · 
1  · 
ZahaHadont

Just received a portal update from Yale and rejected.

Feb 21, 23 6:55 pm  · 
 · 
ZahaHadont

Accepted into SCi-ARC.

Feb 23, 23 3:11 pm  · 
6  · 
ZahaHadont

Accepted into University of Pennsylvania. Received an early admissions email this morning.

Mar 3, 23 11:30 am  · 
2  · 
boy racer

I wonder if they send them all at once? I didn't receive anything... sad. Was the email very personalized?

Mar 3, 23 1:44 pm  · 
1  · 
ZahaHadont

I believe the email is generic that they send to all admitted applicants, but it’s around six paragraphs long and fairly detailed. I’m not sure if it’s a rolling admissions process; or if it’s all at once. Safe to say though that if you don’t receive a notification of early admission before March 13th (I was told this is the formal notification w/ financial aid if offered) then it’s more than likely a rejection.

Mar 3, 23 5:52 pm  · 
 · 
ZahaHadont

Rejected from Cornell University.

Mar 9, 23 3:17 pm  · 
 · 
ZahaHadont

Rejected from Princeton University.

· 
ZahaHadont

Accepted into WashUSTL w/ Advanced Placement.

1  · 
ZahaHadont

Accepted into USC w/ Advanced Placement.

Mar 9, 23 10:16 pm  · 
1  · 
ZahaHadont

Waitlisted at Columbia University.

Mar 11, 23 7:28 pm  · 
 · 
ZahaHadont

Accepted to Northeastern University.

Mar 21, 23 1:39 pm  · 
 · 
ZahaHadont

Rejected from MIT.

Mar 24, 23 3:27 pm  · 
 · 
ZahaHadont

Accepted to Columbia University.

Apr 28, 23 7:16 am  · 
 · 
Mr. Brightside

B.Arch / American University of Sharjah / 2021

• GPA - GRE  - TOEFL 

3.18 - N/A - 107

Three from studio professors/thesis advisor.

Spoke about my background growing up in the MENA region and how that influenced my outlook of the profession. Tied everything to the work shown in my portfolio. I also made sure to showcase how the school's open-ended program and faculty complements my design-research project proposal. 

• Portfolio

40 pages. 4 main studio projects + personal competition proposal + a series of smaller abstract model-making projects at the end. I'll post some work samples here soon. 

• Schools 

Yale SoA (M.Arch II)

• Open house impressions 

Loved Yale's open house, felt very cozy and down to earth.

• Results 

Will update soon!

• Tips

Be yourself! 

Jan 6, 23 6:11 am  · 
2  · 
Mr. Brightside

In at Yale!!!! I’m so happy and grateful omg. Congrats to everyone!

Feb 21, 23 10:57 pm  · 
4  · 
boy racer

Just posting here to submit results when they come up for M.Arch 1.

Undergraduate Degree

United States:
State School, Economics, 2021, B.S.
State School, History of Technology, Spring 2023, M.A.

GPA - GRE  - TOEFL
4.0 GPA
GRE: Not taking that bullshit...

One from my thesis chair (professor); one from a thesis advisor (professor); and one from the chair of my department (professor)

Personal Essay/Statement
Basically just talked about my weird academic trajectory and my ambition to move from theoretical works to more applied stuff

Portfolio
some selected photographs, summer design immersion program, sculpture studio, undergraduate research projects, some digital artworks

Schools
sci-arc, gsd, yale, mit, columbia, ucla, berkeley, princeton, penn, cornell, risd

Open house impressions
n/a

Results
Will post when they come

Tips
n/a

Jan 9, 23 12:07 am  · 
1  · 
boy racer

Denied from Yale. Got an email to check my portal. Pretty sure it was an automated letter.

Feb 21, 23 5:57 pm  · 
1  · 
pogo91

Hello,

Feb 21, 23 6:18 pm  · 
 · 
ZahaHadont

Also denied from Yale. Regardless, your profile is amazing and I think you'll get into one of your top choices. Just to add, I also applied to mostly the same schools as you, so hopefully we can meet up one day!

Feb 21, 23 6:57 pm  · 
 · 
boy racer

Thanks :) And yea, hopefully we both get some good news soon.

Feb 21, 23 7:17 pm  · 
1  · 
boy racer

Accepted to SCI-Arc yesterday (02/21/2023) by just looking at the portal. Official emails to be released later this week and next week.

Feb 22, 23 1:33 pm  · 
 · 
boy racer

Just received the email from SCI-Arc

Feb 23, 23 2:55 pm  · 
 · 
boy racer

Got an acceptance email from Berkeley's CED fellowship program, which I assume also means an admit into the M.Arch 1 program? Will have to wait and see.

Feb 24, 23 6:49 pm  · 
 · 
boy racer

Received my official Berkeley acceptance just now.

Feb 27, 23 9:26 pm  · 
2  · 
boy racer

Denied from Harvard just now, email for portal update.

Mar 6, 23 2:20 pm  · 
1  · 
boy racer

Waitlisted at RISD just now.

Mar 6, 23 5:24 pm  · 
2  · 
boy racer

Denied from Princeton just now. Email to portal.

Mar 7, 23 5:03 pm  · 
2  · 
boy racer

Denied from Cornell through an email.

Mar 8, 23 1:34 pm  · 
1  · 
boy racer

My application season is over and I'll be going to Berkeley. Their financial aid offer was really great. Let me know if any of y'all will also be there next Fall.

Mar 9, 23 9:18 pm  · 
2  · 
ZahaHadont

Berkeley is still an amazing school! I didn’t get in, but I would still like to connect with you on Instagram so we can keep up with each other
— let me know if you’re interested.

Mar 9, 23 10:18 pm  · 
2  · 
boy racer

Just sent you a DM!

Mar 9, 23 10:28 pm  · 
 · 
ham1

I'm still waiting on a few programs + $$ info but in all likelihood I'll be at Berkeley in the fall as well! I'll send you a DM

Mar 10, 23 11:29 am  · 
1  · 
boy racer

Replied!

Mar 10, 23 12:13 pm  · 
 · 
boy racer

Welp... Got into Columbia with some good money, that is awkward

Mar 10, 23 2:18 pm  · 
1  · 
maki991

did you get an email?

Mar 10, 23 2:21 pm  · 
 · 
boy racer

Yes, an email to check my portal

Mar 10, 23 2:25 pm  · 
 · 
boy racer

As expected, denied from UPenn

Mar 13, 23 1:17 pm  · 
1  · 
boy racer

Denied from MIT just now. In contrast to the post above, I will actually be going to Columbia...

Mar 24, 23 12:27 pm  · 
1  · 
boy racer

Oh yea, if anyone wants to speak with me further please just contact me through Archinect above, or the email thingy. Won't be checking this forum anymore... too much PTSD

Mar 24, 23 2:14 pm  · 
1  · 
waterbottle

B.Arch from a Pakistani uni - Will graduate in June

• GPA - GRE  - TOEFL 

3.7 - N/A - took the IELTS (8.5/10)

3 Letters of Recommendations from my design instructors in fourth year and one from my thesis supervisor. 

I've worked a lot with traditional architecture and community building so my statement revolved a lot around that. I spent 8 months personalizing it and I'm hoping it doesn't come off as too flowery.

• Portfolio

Included 3 academic projects, one urban design project, one landscape project and some illustrations and models.

Schools 

UMich, Rice, Parsons and Aalto (couldn't afford the application fees for the rest lol) but wanted to apply to GSD, Columbia and Sci-Arc.

• Open house impressions 

Attended the virtual sessions for Umich. Really liked the overall attitude and the studios.

• Results 

TBD

• Tips

:)

Jan 10, 23 10:43 am  · 
1  · 
sumedhgangurde

Fellow indian here. If we both get accepted at Umich
we might become friends xD

Jan 11, 23 2:02 am  · 
 · 
hellothereitsme

BA University of Toronto

Double Major in Architectural Studies and Environmental Science

Graduating this June

• GPA - GRE  - TOEFL

3.5 / 4.0, screwed up by first year GPA

2 from history and theory profs

2 from design studio profs

I switched my first major in biology to architecture after second year and only had one-year experience in architecture when applying, so my case might be kind of uncommon considering I'm still pursuing another major in science.

In the statements I talked about how I started undergraduate in life sciences and my search for promoting intimacy and public wellbeing, how 2011 Serpentine Pavilion inspired my switch, and how my diverse experience shaped my goal. Plus why I fit.

• Portfolio

5 studio projects and 1 scientific illustration project.

• Schools 

Yale SOA and Harvard GSD

• Open house impressions

Virtual, both great.

• Results

Fingers crossed.

• Tips

Start early.

Jan 10, 23 6:59 pm  · 
1  · 
mrcutout

I wonder whether there are more applications applying for this year's admission cycle, compared to the last year's?

Jan 17, 23 8:56 pm  · 
1  · 
tecnicamente

what makes you say that?

Jan 18, 23 7:39 pm  · 
 · 
mrcutout

This is a question mark lol based on my email communication with some school's admission admin, they had record high number of applicants for Fall 2022 cycle.

Jan 19, 23 2:26 pm  · 
 · 
mrcutout

So just wondering compared to last year, whether they will be seeing more applicants this year

Jan 19, 23 2:26 pm  · 
 · 
ZahaHadont

This thread does seem very dead compared to the 21/22 cycles.. makes me wonder if the amount of applications are actually low this year. Coupled that with the fact that UCLA and Pratt did extensions, which I don’t remember them offering in the last cycles.

Jan 20, 23 7:32 pm  · 
1  · 
ZahaHadont

This thread does seem very dead compared to the 21/22 cycles.. makes me wonder if the amount of applications are actually low this year. Coupled that with the fact that UCLA and Pratt did extensions, which I don’t remember them offering in the last cycles.

Jan 20, 23 7:32 pm  · 
 · 
tecnicamente

yeah i was thinking the same thing after comparing with threads from previous cycles. I didn't know that UCLA and Pratt did extensions, where did you see that?

Jan 20, 23 11:01 pm  · 
 · 
waterbottle

Pratt emailed all applicants that students who have started their applications can still submit in the upcoming two weeks (the email came around 8 days ago) and they'd still be considered to have met the priority deadline. Parsons and Cooper Union also extended.

Jan 21, 23 12:52 am  · 
 · 
waterbottle

But the strange thing is that some universities reported that they got a record number of applications. I applied to Aalto in Finland and their numbers were up by 44%. Similarly Umich apparently got a huge number for their Psychology (?) program maybe. People are applying to grad school a lot this year but I'm not sure whats particularly up with architecture grad schools since numbers seem low

Jan 21, 23 12:54 am  · 
 · 
ahjun

Where did you hear numbers are low?

Jan 21, 23 3:30 am  · 
 · 
waterbottle

I'm speculating based on the previous years' threads

Jan 21, 23 3:58 am  · 
 · 
otterworldly

GSAPP did extension as well (for MS UP, though).

Jan 21, 23 11:48 am  · 
 · 
aloogobi

if you look at when the other threads get lively it's closer to when results come out (late feb/early march) so not sure if that's a good indicator as of right now but washu also gave a 1 week extension

Jan 21, 23 6:40 pm  · 
 · 
oranjejuice

UPenn sent an extension email too!

Feb 20, 23 10:43 pm  · 
 · 
wawalala

when do results come out :((((

Jan 19, 23 3:52 pm  · 
 · 
mrcutout

Usually around March. You can check GradCafe

Jan 19, 23 6:59 pm  · 
 · 
aspiringarchitect12

Last year people heard back from berkeley as early as february 9th. Definitely cannot promise that will happen this year, but possible berkeley applicants hear back in the next week.

Feb 7, 23 4:17 pm  · 
 · 
otherplacer

I just received a phone call from RISD this morning telling me I got into their MLA program! Not sure if it is a similar timeline for M.Arch, but I suppose some schools do notify applicants a bit earlier than others

Feb 9, 23 1:24 pm  · 
1  · 
aspiringarchitect12

Congratulations!

Feb 9, 23 2:25 pm  · 
 · 
PAULRAND00

Supposedly Yale comes out March 2nd. according to a phone call w their office back in December.

Feb 21, 23 2:31 pm  · 
 · 
PAULRAND00

But it was Feb 25th last year so who knows

Feb 21, 23 2:50 pm  · 
 · 
ham1

I've heard that the GSI (graduate student instructor) strikes at Berkeley (plus GSAPP, potentially others) have stalled the admissions process. Because of the higher wages and benefits, the program sizes are thought to shrink to compensate due to budget issues. Not sure if this will actually impact admissions class sizes, just wanted to share what I've heard

Feb 21, 23 3:50 pm  · 
2  · 
ZahaHadont

Yale released decisions today.

Feb 21, 23 7:02 pm  · 
 · 
2005bmw325i

Has anyone heard updates for Bartlett UCL? 

Jan 28, 23 1:21 am  · 
 · 
MooseOnTheLoose

Not yet - had an interview last week and they said they'd let me know by the end of the week but nothing yet.

Mar 13, 23 4:42 pm  · 
 · 
2005bmw325i

Good luck! I got rejected one month after interview

Mar 15, 23 1:55 am  · 
 · 
MooseOnTheLoose

Did they email you or just update the portal? Sorry about the rejection :/

Mar 29, 23 1:59 pm  · 
 · 
otherplacer

hey! I just made a similar thread for all the MLA applicants for this admissions cycle | thought I'd put it here in case anyone else is looking to share: https://archinect.com/forum/th...

Feb 9, 23 3:13 pm  · 
2  · 
cameronreese

- B.S. Architecture/ University of Nevada Las Vegas/2019-2023

• GPA - GRE  - TOEFL 

- 3.9 - N/A - N/A

- 3 letters from past studio professors two of which own their own successful firms in Las Vegas 

- wrote an individual letter for each school catering to their faculty and particular areas of emphasis 

• Portfolio

https://indd.adobe.com/view/cd3dfeed-d9eb-4eee-a1ab-8cc61fff5dee

• Schools 

University of Washington (Seattle)

- Illinois Institute of Technology (Chicago)

- Georgia Tech (Atlanta) 

- University of Texas (Austin)

- University of Arizona CAPLA (Tucson)

- University of Utah (Salt Lake City) 

• Open house impressions 

University of Washington (Great facilities and faculty, Smaller studios, lots of travel opportunities) 

- University of Arizona (Awesome shop and design build program, nice campus, small town feel) 

- wasn’t able to visit anywhere else because $$$ and school 

• Results

University of Washington (Seattle) - Waiting

- Illinois Institute of Technology (Chicago) - Waiting 

- Georgia Tech (Atlanta) - Waiting 

- University of Texas (Austin) - Waiting 

- University of Arizona CAPLA (Tucson) - Waiting 

- University of Utah (Salt Lake City) - In with $$

• Tip

- I will keep updating as I hear back from other schools! 

Good Luck Everyone!! 

Feb 18, 23 10:57 am  · 
2  · 
mrcutout

thank you for sharing!

Feb 18, 23 1:44 pm  · 
 · 
cameronreese

So far…

Feb 24, 23 8:48 am  · 
 · 
cameronreese

In at Utah denied at texas

· 

Hey check your portal at Arizona. Ours changed overnight stating that the Arch program has reviewed the application and recommends admission. The application was passed back to the Graduate school for final approval, and now the portal shows final transcripts are needed.

Feb 28, 23 7:49 am  · 
 · 
cameronreese

I ended up getting in everywhere but UT Austin. I got $$ from everywhere but GTech. I decided on University of Washington!

May 16, 23 10:01 am  · 
 · 
bam7

BS Architecture Studies / USC / 2019-2023

• GPA - GRE  - TOEFL 

3.89 - didn't take

5 total:

4 from studio professors including one I interned with. 

1 from my preservation professor. 

I wrote about my interests in design, historic preservation, art, and teaching. I also referenced my experience from two internships and how that influenced my decision to pursue an M.arch1.

• Portfolio

4 studio projects, 2 competitions

• Schools 

GSD, GSAPP, YSOA, Princeton

• Open house impressions 
  • Results 
  • Tips

Can't say if my approach worked, will have to find out!

Feb 18, 23 9:15 pm  · 
2  · 
pogo91

h

Feb 21, 23 6:28 pm  · 
 · 
bam7

Results: Admitted to GSD, GSAPP, Yale, Princeton. Received good financial packages at all the schools except for GSAPP. Picked GSD after touring, but was also impressed by the Yale open house.

Jun 19, 23 7:57 pm  · 
 · 
pogo91

Hello everyone,

I received the email about the status update from Yale, but when I enter the portal, I do not see any update but the form asking me to accept or deny the admission. I am really confused about if I am admitted or not. Is anyone experiencing the same issue?

Feb 21, 23 6:31 pm  · 
1  · 
12345xyzarch

You are in Aziza! Cuz I got rejected just now and it is a completely different paragraph then what you post. Congrats!

Feb 21, 23 6:50 pm  · 
2  · 
pogo91

I am sorry to hear that. I hope you get accepted to other programs that you applied to. About my situation, it is not even a paragraph. There is a form attached to my account and it only asks me if I accept the admission or not. Nothing else. Not a letter, officially saying I am accepted. Maybe it is a glitch in the system. I am afraid to even get excited.

Feb 21, 23 6:55 pm  · 
1  · 
ZahaHadont

Congratulations on the acceptance! I was also denied aswell.

Feb 21, 23 6:57 pm  · 
1  · 
pasdedeux

I also have that glitch aziza. I guess I'll wait it out and check if it's fixed tomorrow.

Feb 21, 23 7:01 pm  · 
1  · 
12345xyzarch

Might I ask are you guys March I or March II

Feb 21, 23 7:04 pm  · 
 · 
ZahaHadont

M. Arch I for me.

Feb 21, 23 7:07 pm  · 
 · 
pogo91

Thank you, guys! I am sorry @zahaHadont for the rejection. You will get accepted to other choices of yours! I will still postpone the celebration until I see with my eyes the letter saying that I am admitted. Keep posting here if anyone gets any updates or experiences similar issues.

Feb 21, 23 7:08 pm  · 
1  · 
pasdedeux

M.Arch I as well. I'm also waiting on something more concrete before I believe it. Good luck to everyone on all their other applications!

Feb 21, 23 7:11 pm  · 
1  · 
pasdedeux

checked again and I'm in! can't believe it honestly

Feb 21, 23 8:02 pm  · 
 · 
pogo91

Congratulations! I also just checked and I am in too!!! But there is not any information about scholarships or financial aid. Did you receive any information on the letter about funding?

Feb 21, 23 8:07 pm  · 
 · 
pasdedeux

Congrats to you too! I didn't get any info about funding, but it seems like that's still pending.

Feb 21, 23 8:13 pm  · 
1  · 
bam7

Congrats all! I also got accepted at Yale, my letter is not glitched. There wasn't any info on funding but it does mention they will send another letter with additional info soon.

Feb 21, 23 9:12 pm  · 
3  · 
pogo91

@Bam7, they fixed the issue in about an hour. Congratulations to you too! I am looking forward to see financial aid package. Hopefully it will be good one.

Feb 21, 23 9:36 pm  · 
1  · 
Monish

Hi aziza094, could you please tell your TOEFL score? My score is 81 and I got rejection from YALE and I am not sure why it got rejected.

Feb 22, 23 6:34 am  · 
 · 
ychans

Received the offer yesterday from Yale MArchI. Congrats on everyone being admitted to Yale! Does anyone here know if Yale offers merit-based scholarships or if it is need-based aids only?

Feb 22, 23 10:12 pm  · 
 · 
pogo91

I am not sure, but I think it is only need based.

Feb 27, 23 9:36 pm  · 
 · 
pogo91

Monish, I was not required to give an IELTS exam.

Feb 27, 23 9:37 pm  · 
 · 
pogo91

Neither TOEFL.

Feb 27, 23 9:37 pm  · 
 · 
mrcutout

I vaguely remember the minimum TOEFL score yale requires is 100

Mar 3, 23 2:40 pm  · 
 · 
pogo91

C

Feb 21, 23 8:07 pm  · 
 · 
weathers

Has anyone heard updates for SCI-Arc? My application statue is "accepted" but I didn't receive any email..

Feb 21, 23 8:35 pm  · 
 · 
boy racer

I've been seeing similar inquires; though my portal is so messed up. Are you saying you're seeing "accepted" on my.sciarc.edu? I know my application has been received but I don't see anything on this website.

Feb 21, 23 9:33 pm  · 
 · 
boy racer

Nevermind, I see what you're saying under the "candidate" tab. I'm, assuming they'll send an email soon.

Feb 21, 23 9:40 pm  · 
 · 
weathers

Oh I mean my application statue is "accepted" on my sciarc.edu portal. I saw it was "in review" when I checked before, but it seems like the statue was updated.

Feb 21, 23 10:04 pm  · 
 · 
darcyarchy

Was the username the numerical one they emailed us or did we make our own? I can’t figure out how to log into their portal…

Feb 22, 23 8:21 am  · 
 · 
boy racer

It should be in an email titled something like: "SCI-Arc Account Log-In Information"

Feb 22, 23 12:33 pm  · 
 · 
boy racer

Just received an email back from this inquiry. SCI-Arc will be releasing official emails this week and next. But they also let me know that you can just view it yourself by "navigating to Admissions and then to Candidate and View Admissions Status." So, that status is your result.

Feb 22, 23 1:31 pm  · 
 · 
sumedhgangurde

I got a mail of acceptance today from sci arc for m.arch 2
few hours ago

Feb 22, 23 11:25 pm  · 
2  · 
waterbottle

anybody hear from Rice?

Feb 22, 23 8:57 am  · 
 · 
woo-hoo

Waitlisted by Yale M.Arch I. Wondering what's the odd of getting accepted...

I'm a Chinese applicant with an Australian Bachelor's. Pretty confident in portfolio but not in GPA. GPA is 75.9 (just slightly above the Second Class Upper Division). I reckon my GPA dragged me down and my portfolio got me into the waitlist. Yale is my first choice though.

Fingers crossed haha

Feb 22, 23 2:17 pm  · 
 · 
woo-hoo

I also applied to Delft. Been staying at Step 2 forever. Step 3 has always been yellow. Anybody applying to Delft too?

Feb 22, 23 2:20 pm  · 
 · 

I applied for Delft, and I'm so nervous...

Feb 24, 23 3:17 am  · 
 · 
woo-hoo

Did your portal update anything? What’s your step? My step3 has been yellow for ages…

Feb 25, 23 5:57 pm  · 
 · 

I am still step2... just waiting... I heard my friend got result last week

Feb 25, 23 9:18 pm  · 
 · 
otterworldly

Last year they released the decision around mid-March

Feb 25, 23 10:55 pm  · 
 · 
woo-hoo

I don’t know if delft is on rolling basis. I submitted on the last day. Hope they don’t reject me just because the positions are filled lol

Feb 25, 23 11:14 pm  · 
 · 

You are better than me... I am still step 2 and I applied it at DEC 30

Feb 25, 23 11:42 pm  · 
 · 
woo-hoo

That’s strange. My Step 2 only took 9 days to update since submission. It was updated on Jan 24th.

Feb 26, 23 1:12 am  · 
 · 

My mistake! I am on step 3 since Jan 19.... just waitying... I really hope to see you Delft soon...

Feb 26, 23 2:06 am  · 
 · 
meteoricc

Also waitlisted man, not sure how/if it's gonna happen esp since they didn't give out wait list positions

Mar 4, 23 1:23 am  · 
 · 
pxhny

Hi, have you guys heard back from TU Delft?

Mar 8, 23 5:13 am  · 
 · 
aspiringarchitect12

Just got accepted to UT Austin for 3 year M. Arch!

Feb 22, 23 4:01 pm  · 
6  · 
_kaleidoscope_

Congratulations!!

Feb 22, 23 7:00 pm  · 
 · 
darcyarchy

Did you get an email or just portal update?

Feb 22, 23 7:27 pm  · 
 · 
aspiringarchitect12

Received an email, but it was also updated on my portal

Feb 22, 23 7:42 pm  · 
 · 
darcyarchy

Congrats! Has anyone else who applied not heard back? I applied and haven’t :/

Feb 22, 23 8:04 pm  · 
 · 
_kaleidoscope_

Same. I applied too and I haven't heard back.

Feb 22, 23 9:14 pm  · 
 · 
Har1arch

Same @aspiringarchitect12!! Got in this morning.

Feb 23, 23 12:43 pm  · 
 · 
cameronreese

Heard back today. I was denied

· 
Monish

Accepted at CU Denver, MArch-track 4 (2 years) program, waiting for pratt, UT austin, UIUC, VT, NYIT

Feb 23, 23 8:02 am  · 
1  · 
m.hahud29

Has anyone heard back from Berkeley for their MCP program?

Feb 23, 23 9:25 am  · 
 · 
boy racer

Heard they're delaying acceptances a bit because of wage-strikes on campus? But yea, they usually release decisions by now, so it's definitely delayed.

Feb 23, 23 4:04 pm  · 
 · 
ZahaHadont

Going to reach out to Berkeley tonight and see if they can give a definitive answer of when decisions can come out.

Feb 23, 23 6:30 pm  · 
 · 
ZahaHadont

Also @boyracer I’m surprised you applied to Berkeley and SCiArc, but not USC, or UCLA. Any reason why?

Feb 23, 23 6:31 pm  · 
 · 
boy racer

I did end up applying to UCLA; I thought about applying to USC for a bit, but when checking them out I didn't really get any particularly alluring vibes

Feb 23, 23 6:39 pm  · 
 · 
ham1

@zahahadont let us know what they say, I

Feb 23, 23 7:26 pm  · 
 · 
ham1

!*

Feb 23, 23 7:26 pm  · 
 · 
ZahaHadont

@boyracer Funny thing is I felt the same way you feel about USC, but for UCLA. Would be quite interesting to go to a graduate program 30mins down the road from you, haha. Excited to see the outcome though — only three more weeks of waiting.

Feb 23, 23 8:02 pm  · 
1  · 
ZahaHadont

@ham1 Will do.

Feb 23, 23 8:03 pm  · 
 · 
vivekkpatell

@ZahaHadont Hey did you hear back from Berkeley?

Feb 24, 23 8:40 pm  · 
 · 
lukie

Berkeley decisions are out!!

Feb 24, 23 10:17 pm  · 
 · 
ZahaHadont

@Vivekpatell This isn’t the first time I’ve emailed Berkeley and haven’t received a response — are these people that unprofessional or something?

Feb 24, 23 11:20 pm  · 
 · 
aspiringarchitect12

Has anyone else still not heard back from Berkeley for M. Arch?

Feb 24, 23 11:37 pm  · 
1  · 
vivekkpatell

I have not heard back anything from Berkeley yet.

Feb 24, 23 11:39 pm  · 
 · 
aspiringarchitect12

@lukie did you receive an email or portal update?

Feb 24, 23 11:40 pm  · 
 · 
lukie

oh shoot! sorry to mislead - it seems like all decisions were released on the same day in the previous few years. I received an email with a link to the portal

Feb 25, 23 4:08 am  · 
 · 
m.hahud29

Haven’t received anything. Should I think of it as a rejection?

Feb 25, 23 8:51 am  · 
 · 
m.hahud29

Admitted but no $$ yet

Mar 2, 23 12:11 am  · 
 · 

Texas Austin decisions in portal

Feb 23, 23 2:53 pm  · 
 · 
meowpypurrfday

Rejected again...sigh....

Feb 25, 23 12:14 pm  · 
 · 

I have not heard from or seen anyone get accepted in the 2 yr program there. I know quite a few who applied, got into Yale, and not here. Good applicants. I wonder if they accept three years and fill in with two years from attrition. Texas Austin as a whole has become very difficult to get into, I think they are down to 6% from OOS for undergraduates. They must also maintain a % of the student body from in-state. I would not read this as anything personal. There is something else going on there.

Feb 25, 23 3:06 pm  · 
 · 
darcyarchy
Has anyone heard from Parsons?
Feb 23, 23 4:22 pm  · 
 · 
oranjejuice

Parsons sent me a we-are-still-accepting-applications email yesterday...

Feb 23, 23 4:44 pm  · 
 · 
godfish_edyx

has anyone heard from Harvard?

Feb 23, 23 10:21 pm  · 
 · 
boy racer

Nope, judging from other past years' they usually send out results on March 1st, and if lucky they early notify around now, but I wouldn't bet on it

Feb 23, 23 10:35 pm  · 
1  · 
godfish_edyx

Tysm!! I’m panicking

Feb 23, 23 11:14 pm  · 
2  · 
otterworldly

Anyone heard back from MIT? :/

Feb 23, 23 11:09 pm  · 
 · 
boy racer

Nope, nothing from MIT yet (I'm speaking generally, not that I personally haven't heard anything). I believe it to be a similar situation as the comment I made above to godfish. Though, judging from recent years, they do like to do early notifications/calls; actually, they tend to do this on the 23rd of February, but no one seemed to get anything today. Perhaps tomorrow or next week.

Feb 23, 23 11:29 pm  · 
 · 
pogo91

MIT's timeline is confusing, to be honest. But what I see from previous years, they call actually at the end of February (after the 20th) if you are accepted. I think if we do not hear back by the end of February, then it is either a waitlist or rejection. They send their rejection in mid-March. First acceptance - last weeks of February, then Waitlist - 1st week of March, and then finally rejection. I wish they just posted all the results at the same time as Yale does.

Feb 24, 23 2:43 pm  · 
1  · 
otterworldly

Thank you! Just lurked around Gradcafe and the acceptance pattern varies rather wildly on late Feb towards mid March and yes, waitlist in the 1st week of March, then followed up by rejection.

Feb 24, 23 9:31 pm  · 
 · 
uinkxx

I know a guy who just got accepted by MIT Media Lab as a Master's student

Feb 25, 23 4:21 am  · 
2  · 
otterworldly

Yep, but it seems like they do the admission process separately in each department. Some departments release decisions earlier, some later.

Feb 25, 23 5:26 am  · 
 · 
m.hahud29

Accepted to MIT!

Mar 1, 23 10:20 am  · 
1  · 
otterworldly

Wow congrats! What program?

Mar 1, 23 10:22 am  · 
 · 
pogo91

@m.hahud29, big congratulations!! Which program and when did they reach out? Was it a call or an email? Sorry for too many questions, I am waiting anxiously:)))

Mar 1, 23 10:25 am  · 
 · 
ZahaHadont

Going to assume @m.hadud29 applied to MIT’s DUSP program since they mentioned acceptance UMich’s MUD program in another comment.

Mar 1, 23 8:10 pm  · 
 · 
m.hahud29

Sorry for the late reply, yes I applied to the DUSP program and they gave me a call first in March 1 and then an email.

Mar 3, 23 3:06 am  · 
 · 
godfish_edyx

Tysm!! I’m panicking

Feb 23, 23 11:14 pm  · 
 · 

BSc Architecture Dongguk University (South Korea)

• GPA - GRE  - TOEFL 

3.82/4.5

2 from Studio professor

• Portfolio

1 Studio work + 3 Competition work

https://issuu.com/hyosik_archi...

• Schools 

TU Delft MSc Architecture

• Open house impressions 
  • Results 
  • Tips
Feb 25, 23 2:44 am  · 
1  · 
Monish

I have been granted admission to the Master of Architecture, four-studio track program at CU Denver, which is a two-year program. I am curious to know if anyone else has received a similar acceptance.

Feb 25, 23 6:03 am  · 
 · 
aloogobi

UMich results are out. No email yet but check the Wolverine portal!

Feb 25, 23 9:57 am  · 
 · 
_kaleidoscope_

For M.Arch as well?

Feb 25, 23 10:04 am  · 
 · 
waterbottle

No update on my portal. Where did you check from?

Feb 25, 23 10:38 am  · 
 · 
aloogobi

https://wolverineaccess.umich.edu/.... new and prospective student business new and prospective student center app status

Feb 25, 23 10:44 am  · 
 · 
Zclpppp

Yes UMich has done

Mar 1, 23 2:08 am  · 
 · 
aloogobi

Feb 25, 23 10:43 am  · 
 · 
_kaleidoscope_

There's no update on my portal either. Are you an M.Arch applicant?

Feb 25, 23 10:45 am  · 
 · 
waterbottle

Last I emailed they told me the admissions decisions will be out 7th March. There are some decisions on gradcafe, but they're all phD

Feb 25, 23 10:55 am  · 
 · 
uinkxx

GSD emailed me last month requesting more info on my reseme and educational background. Does that mean my odds are good? Gosh I'm so anxious now that March is near. 

Feb 26, 23 8:58 am  · 
1  · 
bingchilling

same!! do you have any updates?

Mar 9, 23 2:35 am  · 
 · 
Rssd

Is anyone out here who's gotten acceptance at UC Berkeley?

Feb 26, 23 1:23 pm  · 
 · 
aspiringarchitect12

I have not heard anything yet but it seems like 1 or 2 people here have?

Feb 26, 23 1:55 pm  · 
 · 
vivekkpatell

No updates yet either. Hopefully this next week

Feb 26, 23 1:57 pm  · 
 · 
godfish_edyx

My partner got accepted! I’m so happy for them

Feb 26, 23 3:10 pm  · 
 · 
Rssd

I've got a very vague acceptance.

Feb 26, 23 3:11 pm  · 
 · 
Rssd

@godfish_edyx, can you connect me with them? I had a few questions

Feb 26, 23 3:13 pm  · 
 · 
aspiringarchitect12

Did all of you apply for M. Arch I or II?

Feb 26, 23 4:08 pm  · 
1  · 
ZahaHadont

This is a datapoint that we need. Its very weird that they are releasing singular decisions instead of just all of them at once. So strange.

Feb 26, 23 4:41 pm  · 
 · 
Rssd

I've applied for m.arch II

Feb 26, 23 8:30 pm  · 
 · 
aspiringarchitect12

Maybe that means they only released M. Arch II acceptances/decisions? Unless some of you applied to M. Arch I

Feb 27, 23 9:05 am  · 
 · 
lukie

I applied M.Arch I

Feb 27, 23 9:19 am  · 
1  · 
OMAYYEEE123

has anyone contacted Rice about when their m.arch decision dates will be released? 

Feb 26, 23 2:20 pm  · 
 · 
waterbottle

They said 'end February'. I assumed anything after the 25th is end February so I emailed for an update. Haven't heard back.

Feb 26, 23 11:06 pm  · 
 · 
nanhongan

UMich results are out guys! Just received offer this afternoon-in with $

Feb 26, 23 3:22 pm  · 
1  · 
_kaleidoscope_

Congratulations!! Which course if you don't mind me asking?

Feb 26, 23 3:44 pm  · 
 · 
nanhongan

M.Arch I

Feb 26, 23 3:45 pm  · 
 · 
_kaleidoscope_

That's amazing. Did you get a mail or was it just updated in the portal?

Feb 26, 23 3:46 pm  · 
 · 
nanhongan

I got an email this afternoon, I feel like they sending out on a rolling basis

Feb 26, 23 3:47 pm  · 
 · 
_kaleidoscope_

Ohh. I didn't know they send out emails on the weekends.

Feb 26, 23 3:49 pm  · 
 · 
nanhongan

Yea, i was surprised as well, the email came with the attached acceptance letter

Feb 26, 23 3:58 pm  · 
1  · 
_kaleidoscope_

You must be super happy. Enjoy the rest of your weekend :D

Feb 26, 23 3:59 pm  · 
1  · 
nanhongan

Feb 26, 23 4:05 pm  · 
 · 
pasdedeux

BA Arch Studies/International/2023

• GPA - GRE  - TOEFL 

3.78 GPA, didn't take GRE or TOEFL

One from a studio prof, one from a work study advisor, and one from work (not in the architecture field but adjacent).

Wrote about my interests and how I would fit into each program specifically.

• Portfolio

Three studio projects, and some outside work. A mixture of group and individual projects.

• Schools 

Yale

UMichigan

MIT

Columbia

• Open house impressions 

MIT's seemed the most exciting, but all the others were also great!

• Results 

In at Yale Feb. 21st, awaiting financials

In at UMichigan Feb. 26th, $$

• Tips

Do a lot of research into each school's pedagogy, and find faculty members whose work interests you. Treat each portion of your application as smaller parts of a whole that paint an accurate picture of who you are as an applicant.

Feb 26, 23 7:17 pm  · 
 · 
pasdedeux

$$$$ at Yale! Still going to wait for MIT, but practically a done decision now.

Mar 10, 23 5:04 pm  · 
 · 
pasdedeux

Waitlisted at Columbia

Mar 10, 23 5:31 pm  · 
 · 
waterbottle

In at Umich March II! No $$$ tho :(

Feb 26, 23 11:07 pm  · 
 · 
Zclpppp

me too , no money

Feb 28, 23 6:01 pm  · 
 · 
sumedhgangurde

in at UMich but no $ :( 

Feb 27, 23 1:06 am  · 
 · 
Zclpppp

me too , no money

Feb 28, 23 6:01 pm  · 
 · 
m.hahud29

anyone heard back from UMich for their MUD program?

Feb 27, 23 3:56 am  · 
 · 
aloogobi

yes, it's in wolverine access under decision which is a separate sign up from where you actually applied. no official letter has been sent yet but will be soon.

Feb 27, 23 9:08 am  · 
 · 
m.hahud29

Got accepted!

Feb 27, 23 4:11 pm  · 
1  · 
darcyarchy
Does anyone know when Parsons or Columbia should be coming out?
Feb 27, 23 10:16 am  · 
 · 
m.hahud29

Columbia is 14th March I think

Feb 28, 23 7:01 am  · 
1  · 
PAULRAND00

Anyone else applied to M.Arch I at RISD? Seems like they send out informal calls but not much info from GradCafe past years. 

Feb 27, 23 11:42 am  · 
 · 
boy racer

I have, I feel like their results are really delayed by now. Maybe we'll get some news today?

Feb 27, 23 1:07 pm  · 
 · 
pogo91

I reached out admissions and they said the result will come on first week of March. I think we will hear back this week.

Feb 27, 23 1:20 pm  · 
 · 
Rssd

Has anyone received Advanced standing or financial aid from Berkeley yet?

Feb 27, 23 1:06 pm  · 
 · 
ZahaHadont

Has your portal for Berkeley updated yet?

Feb 27, 23 1:42 pm  · 
 · 
weathers

I also didn't receive any financial aid letter from Berkeley.

Feb 27, 23 9:17 pm  · 
 · 
ham1

Same here, no financial or AP standing information

Feb 28, 23 11:29 am  · 
 · 
Monish

in at 
IIT Chicago - 14k funding
CU denver - no funding

out at- yale

waiting for PRATT, UIUC,NYIT, HARVARD, VTECH.

Feb 28, 23 1:44 am  · 
1  · 
normansfosterchild

Have any international students received an acceptance from Berkeley?

Feb 28, 23 6:21 am  · 
 · 
m.hahud29

Nothing, applied for the MCP program though

Feb 28, 23 7:00 am  · 
 · 
ZahaHadont

Haven’t received anything either.

Feb 28, 23 7:18 am  · 
 · 
Rssd

I have.

Feb 28, 23 8:32 pm  · 
 · 
OMAYYEEE123

So is Berkeley sending out on a rolling basis? Seems like a few at a time have been getting status updates / acceptance emails

Feb 28, 23 7:16 am  · 
 · 
aspiringarchitect12

Almost seems like it, I still have not heard anything. Unless I am supposed to assume rejection at this point…

Feb 28, 23 7:44 am  · 
 · 
aspiringarchitect12

But it also looks like no one has directly received a rejection notice yet, I’ve only seen acceptances

Feb 28, 23 7:45 am  · 
 · 
ZahaHadont

I’ve just read UC Berkeley’s M. Arch FAQ and this what I’ve been able to uncover regarding how many students they admit per cycle —

On average, (30) Students for the MAAD program, (40) Students for M.Arch Program with Advanced Standing (two-year professional program), and (100) Students for M.Arch Program (three-year professional program) are accepted.

So far, I’ve only seen around 10-15 people accepted to the M. ARCH program (I and II) if we’re counting GradCafe and this forum. It’s highly likely that it’s more than this number since everyone doesn’t post to these online forums, but if you haven’t received an acceptance letter yet from UC Berkeley, I wouldn’t give up hope yet.

It seems like Berkeley’s admissions board is sending out acceptances over a period of time (not sure how much time) instead of just releasing all the decisions at once. I believe this has something to due with the way they filter and rank applicants.

Mar 2, 23 7:05 am  · 
 · 
pogo91

Hello everyone,

Did anyone hear anything from MIT? They usually send out acceptances by this time…

Feb 28, 23 9:05 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: