Archinect
anchor

M.Arch I&II 2023 Application Status

XUNITRT

Hello everyone,

This thread is for all 2023 cycle M.Arch applicants to share our application status and decisions, in the spirit of sharing helpful information and supporting each other, especially mental-health-wise.

If you have questions, ask away! I'm sure someone could help you.

Suggested format -

• Undergraduate Degree/ School/ Year graduated 
  • GPA - GRE  - TOEFL 
  • Letter of recommendations 
  • Personal Essay/Statement 
  • Portfolio
  • Schools 
  • Open house impressions 
  • Results 
  • Tips

Sep 8, 22 2:09 am
divyabamba

Hello,

I’m preparing to apply for M. Arch courses for sep’23 intake. I did my bachelors degree from CCA and I scored an aggregate of 66%. I was an average student to begin with, but I develop passion for the subject gradually, more so on the humanitarian aspect of it all.

After two years of working in different disciplines of the field, interior projects being my main forte, I’d like to do my masters now. My dream college is UCL. Can anyone give me a bit of guidance as to how to structure my portfolio and application so that I can get an offer from the same. I would also like a recommendation of other colleges I should apply to.

Thank you and Regards

Sep 15, 22 1:44 pm  · 
 · 
Lindsaymiller

I am not sure if you are interested in RISD but they have portfolio tips and Q and A videos with faculty that I found really helpful.

Sep 28, 22 6:10 pm  · 
 · 
Lindsaymiller
  • Undergraduate Degree/ School/ Year graduated 

LSU- Bachelor of Art / Graduating December 2022

• GPA - GRE  - TOEFL 

3.4 :/    trying to get my target GRE score by the end of October (hopefully it will make up for my GPA, I am a little nervous about it) 

• Letter of recommendations 

mentor, history professor (I am minoring in history), and one from an arch professor

• Personal Essay/Statement 

Began some brainstomring activities, still struggling to piece it together 

• Portfolio

Including some metalwork I have, two big studio art projects, and some professional work 

• Schools 

RICE, Pratt, RISD, LSU / I would like to apply to one more school (preferably one I am more likely to receive financial aid for, I am not sure my application will be competitive enough for my top 3 schools) 

• Open house impressions 

I toured RICE - love how small the program is and really impressed with the work I have seen come out of the school

Also toured Pratt - love the location and seems like a lot of attention is paid to their M.arch program (looked like a really exciting environment to be a part of)

• Results 
  • Tips

I would love to hear any tips anyone has on how to approach applications!

Sep 28, 22 6:09 pm  · 
 · 
XUNITRT

Thanks for sharing! I would love to know more about RICE's program. I'm interested in a more artistic architecture school. Since you come from studio art background, I assume you are more sensitive to that aspect. Do you think RICE falls into that category?

Sep 28, 22 9:58 pm  · 
 · 
Lindsaymiller

From what I have seen, not in the way a school like RISD or Pratt does, as far as facilities go. I was told they have a woodshop and are currently building a metal shop. My interest in Rice stems from an interest in research and history (my minor). However, they have some really interesting classes, and it seems like they focus a lot on theory. If you look on their website, there are a ton of student projects to look through that may give you a good idea of the work that comes out of the school. I would consider it a more artistic architecture school from what I've seen. I'm not sure how reliable that opinion is because I don't have a plethora of knowledge to base that on.

Sep 28, 22 11:08 pm  · 
1  · 
XUNITRT

Thanks for sharing. Ya RISD is definitely on my list too . Good luck with your application!

Sep 29, 22 12:45 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

• ×Search in: