Archinect
anchor

A floorplan design that is not working..

quelloveloce

Do you guys have any suggestion on this small studio floorplan, that is not really working?

Layout

Aug 22, 22 10:31 am
Non Sequitur

Those colours don't really go well together.  Maybe try keeping them all to one colour but use different shades to differentiate the areas?  That probably will help.

Aug 22, 22 10:42 am  · 
2  · 
b3tadine[sutures]

First problem is the fact that it's in metric. We don't speak, metric.

Aug 22, 22 12:24 pm  · 
1  · 
Almosthip

Some of us can speak both imperial and metric

Aug 22, 22 12:35 pm  · 
2  · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Commie.

Aug 22, 22 12:37 pm  · 
1  · 
Non Sequitur

I do... as pretty much the rest of the non-usa world. Also, there is clearly a bidet in this tiny studio shoebox. This is clearly from a more sophisticated country.

Aug 22, 22 12:54 pm  · 
 · 

I noted the bidet as well. Wondering if you can spy the front door while cleaning your nether regions though. Not sure if the sightline is really there.

Aug 22, 22 12:57 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

EA, the sight lines are pretty bad but it all depends on how much you warp the space time continuum.

Aug 22, 22 1:03 pm  · 
 · 

Is this for a school project? 

Aug 22, 22 10:44 am  · 
2  · 

I spot a small "dead cat space" in the kitchen and living area, and the desk chair looks like it won't hold a human working at the desk without needing to warp the space time continuum to exist in the same space time as the wall ... but other than that, what are your concerns?

Aug 22, 22 12:40 pm  · 
2  · 
shellarchitect

upper cabinets in front of windows 

Bathroom seems very large

No closets 

Not sure there is room for a bed

Aug 23, 22 9:12 pm  · 
 · 
Miyadaiku

This is the kind of space you'll need to develop some kind of creative custom furniture solutions for. It simply doesn't work with conventional desks/beds/etc. Is that supposed to be some concrete building with a "modern" form? Those work so well don't they....

Also LDK?.....that is clearly a 1K that someone wants higher rent for. 値打ちこいてる

Aug 23, 22 10:39 pm  · 
 · 
Jacq Arch

I agree that the bathroom seems large. Idk about metric countries, but in imperial countries, we like light and air in our bedrooms. 

Is this for a prison cell in europe? 

Aug 24, 22 8:21 am  · 
 · 
joseffischer

I didn't know there were more than 1 imperial country... today I learned

Aug 24, 22 9:59 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

There are technically 3 countries who still officially subscribe to the archaic imperial system: Liberia, Myanmar, and the USA.

Aug 24, 22 11:19 am  · 
1  · 
x-jla

Scrap the bidet  and use tp like a real merican.  And stop with the metric crap.  And drink a god damn McFlurry.  

Aug 24, 22 10:58 am  · 
 · 

If you drink a McFlurry you're going to need a bidet.

Aug 24, 22 11:17 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

but your freedom bullets are measured in metric units.

Aug 24, 22 11:17 am  · 
1  · 

That's just a flex to screw with the metric people. ;)

Aug 24, 22 11:37 am  · 
1  · 
Non Sequitur

Chad, if so, it's just as empty as every other "freedom" flex but I guess cap a 9 in yo'arse has a better ring than cap a 11/32".

Aug 24, 22 12:07 pm  · 
1  · 

I didn't say it was a SUCCESSFUL flex. 

In 'Merica we only use the metric system for ammo. Except for the .38, .45 ACP, and .30-06. Our use of units is weird.

Aug 24, 22 1:03 pm  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: