Archinect
anchor

Architecture to interior designing

Newjacy

hello everyone, 

As a student, I’m seeing all my seniors who have graduated changing their fields from architecture to interior designing. Why majority of people in this line doing so? 

Mar 28, 22 9:46 am
Newjacy

guys? 

Mar 28, 22 12:26 pm  · 
 · 

You're going to need to provide more information. 

1.  What school are you going to?

2.  What geographic areas are these graduates working in?

3.  Why can't you ask the graduates themselves?

Mar 28, 22 2:31 pm  · 
1  · 
Non Sequitur

I’ve literally never heard of any of my peers or colleagues switching from arch to interior design.

Mar 28, 22 4:15 pm  · 
 · 

I haven't either. Especially right out of school. Then again, in the US to be an Interior Designer you need to be licensed.  

Mar 28, 22 5:00 pm  · 
 · 
atelier nobody

My second job out of school was in an interior design firm. It was kind of fun work, themed retail TIs, but I ultimately decided the bells, whistles, and flashing lights just weren't as interesting as an actual building.

Mar 28, 22 6:05 pm  · 
 · 

I was thinking of an architectural grad abandoning architecture and becoming an interior designer. Working for an interior design firm is something I'd think a lot of architects and interns do.

Mar 28, 22 8:03 pm  · 
1  · 
Newjacy

Exactly what the reason for that

Mar 29, 22 1:06 am  · 
 · 
whistler

I had a number of friends from school graduate and work mostly in the interior design field. One became one of the more successful corporate ID firms in town. He just liked the scale, materials and focus on finishes etc vs the tectonics of large corporate Architecture. Always had a number of side restaurant jobs through school so would have been successful in any field due mostly in part to his entrepreneurial skills.

Apr 1, 22 6:14 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: