Archinect
anchor

Your career path

Kinsbergen

I got slightly annoyed over EA's prejudiced view about my previous thread which had sincerely good intentions, so I decided to make a genuinely bad one this time. 

So, there you go, the possible career paths within architecture:

Talent + hard work > designer

No talent + hard work > technical architect 

Talent + no hard work > eternal 3D monkey 

No talent + no hard work > archinect user

Feb 18, 22 4:59 pm
b3tadine[sutures]

this should last about...dumb fuckerrry.

Feb 18, 22 5:07 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

archi-nerd, aren’t you an archinect user yourself?

Feb 18, 22 5:09 pm  · 
1  · 
SneakyPete

I love how you try and denigrate folks with technical skills but they're the only one in there with the title of architect. *sad trombone*

Feb 18, 22 5:22 pm  · 
5  · 

LOL, you could have given me a thumbs down over there and moved on with your life. Instead you do this and prove my point that you like to create controversy. 

I even admitted in the other thread that I didn't see anything in there (at that point at least) that indicated controversy was your goal. I was cautiously giving you the benefit of the doubt. Lesson learned I guess.

Feb 18, 22 5:57 pm  · 
1  · 
Wood Guy

I'm a designer and archinect user, so your descriptors cancel each other out. Do I exist?

Feb 18, 22 7:29 pm  · 
2  · 
tduds

Mission accomplished, this is genuinely bad.

Feb 18, 22 7:51 pm  · 
 · 
monosierra

Rapper -----> Architect

Feb 20, 22 9:11 pm  · 
 · 

Talent for doing derivative work + convincing oneself they are an original thinker is Hard Work > apparently one Designer in particular

No denying the reality of budgetary constraints and a Talent for solving difficult problems + ignoring hacks with inflated egos is Hard Work > Technical Architect

No appreciation of their Talent + No complaining is Hard Work > Eternal 3D Monkey

Feb 20, 22 11:32 pm  · 
 · 

*Man/woman On a Keyboard*

Feb 20, 22 11:58 pm  · 
 · 
natematt

I appreciate your qualification of things being hard work rather than just abstractly saying hard work. This field has a bad habit of conflating long hours, poor time management, poor business, quantity over quality, self martyrdom, outright abuse, and quite often idiocy with "hard work".

Feb 21, 22 3:11 am  · 
1  · 

It actually was a response to the OPs

Feb 21, 22 4:45 am  · 
 · 

over inflated opinion of themselves and their lack of understanding of the realities of the profession.

Feb 21, 22 4:53 am  · 
 · 

Clarification

Talent for doing derivative work + convincing oneself they are an original thinker is Hard Work > apparently one Designer in particular

No denying the reality of budgetary constraints and a Talent for solving difficult problems + ignoring hacks with inflated egos is Hard Work > Technical Architect

No appreciation of their Talent + No complaining is Hard Work > Eternal 3D M an/woman  on a keyboard

I thought the original post was as subtle as a freight train.

Feb 21, 22 5:35 am  · 
 · 
RJ87

It amuses me that the top of your pyramid is "designer", which is what people who are deemed legally unable to practice the majority of the profession call themselves.

Feb 21, 22 11:11 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Are we supposed to read those as Boolean expressions? Better yet, it's the commenting on a thread that the OP can no longer comment on, but only read. That, is, french kiss.

Feb 21, 22 12:10 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: