Archinect
anchor

What are you eating on your yachts today

RValu100

Since my head chef is off today, I'll just have Jeeves prepare the oyster-stuffed crab stuffed in a lobster stuffed in a marinated macaroni penguin.

Dec 28, 21 1:30 pm
Non Sequitur

Nothing much, keeping it casual with deep-fried truffles.

Dec 28, 21 2:05 pm  · 
1  · 
shellarchitect

normally don’t let the help take any days off, but was feeling generous this year. we had them make extra, just need to make it thru sat.

Dec 28, 21 2:08 pm  · 
2  · 
JLC-1

Cake, what else?

Dec 28, 21 2:46 pm  · 
 · 
JonathanLivingston

Granola bars in my canoe. Glass-smooth water, silent except for the ice on the banks and the sharp piercing crack it makes as it refuses to bend with my wake. Easily a greater pleasure than any yacht could provide. 

Dec 28, 21 4:57 pm  · 
3  · 
archanonymous

The rich person who used to own the yacht.

Dec 28, 21 5:16 pm  · 
4  · 

Nice.

Dec 29, 21 1:52 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

Humble Pie, with a good serving of Weak Sauce

Dec 28, 21 8:21 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

So the sous-chef can't whip something up?

Dec 28, 21 11:03 pm  · 
 · 
RValu100

I had to show the sous-chef how to marinate the penguins myself. It is so hard to find good help these days.

Dec 29, 21 12:44 pm  · 
1  · 
randomised

Maybe pay a decent wage you cheapskate ;)

Dec 30, 21 2:58 pm  · 
 · 

So for both Thanksgiving and Christmas this year I ordered "traditional" holiday meals from a local restaurant rather than cook myself. I spent significantly *less* than I would have buying everything at the grocery store, just had to heat it all up at home, and it was DELICIOUS. I'm sold. I love cooking, but around the holidays there is so much stuff happening that the time spent in the kitchen can be stressful. So this year I spent an entire day just doing fun cookies, instead! 

Dec 29, 21 1:55 pm  · 
3  · 
archanonymous

Great idea! I have been doing something similar with my laundry for a few years now. 

Found a wash+fold place that does it for $0.80/ lb. I calculated out my water + water heating + natural gas and detergent and dryer sheets costs and it's damn near the same. Plus they fold it so well and I don't spend any of my own time on it.

Dec 30, 21 3:08 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

As yachts are bought by guys as compensation for certain physical shortcomings I have no clue what they eat on board.

Dec 30, 21 3:05 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: