Archinect
anchor

what's the "shop drawing"?

shandongquality

what's the meaning of "shop drawing"? 

is it structure drawing? process drawing?or other?

Dec 22, 21 1:18 am
Non Sequitur

Why are you asking?

Dec 22, 21 1:18 am  · 
 · 
shandongquality

i already send install drawing, but sb. request " shop drawing" , i am not sure what it is

Dec 22, 21 1:31 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Shop drawings show the product’s dimensions and construction as well as installation instructions. It should also reflect site conditions and is typically printed on pink paper so it stands out on site.

Dec 22, 21 6:41 am  · 
1  · 
shandongquality

i already send install drawing, but sb. request " shop drawing" , i am not sure what it is 

Dec 22, 21 1:31 am  · 
 · 
ivanmillya

To add to NS, shop drawings are produced by a subcontractor, installer, or manufacturer (e.g. cabinetry manufacturer or steel sub), and are presented to the Architect (and/or sometimes one of the engineering consultants) for their review. Architects and engineers do not (to my knowledge) ever produce shop drawings. They do review and approve or reject.

Dec 22, 21 7:35 am  · 
1  · 
justavisual

shop drawing is made by a manufacturer or contractor prior to production of an element (window, cabinetry, etc etc). subject to approval by architect before work is undertaken. check them carefully!

Dec 22, 21 9:10 am  · 
 · 

This is probably defined quite literally in the general conditions and general requirements of your contract. I'd look there.

Dec 22, 21 11:58 am  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: