Archinect
anchor

CEU's for non AiA members

s=r*(theta)

This is my first time not being an AiA member and wondering how do I log CEU's?

Dec 10, 21 11:31 am

I request the certificates from presenters and drop PDFs or scans of certificates in a folder on my hard drive (filename is by date). I also log them in a spreadsheet so I can filter by date and credits. Usually I play catchup on the spreadsheet once or twice a year to keep things up to date and organized.

Maybe not such a secret, but most of the time you don't need to "log" them, just certify that you've completed them when you renew your license (your jurisdiction may vary). You only need to show your work when/if you get audited. So you can probably just get away with the certificates in some form or another.

Dec 10, 21 12:19 pm  · 
4  · 
s=r*(theta)

Thank you for the response

Dec 13, 21 10:54 am  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

Somewhat similar, but I don't bother with the spreadsheet.  I save all certificates to a google drive folder, one for each year.  I amend the pdf file name to include the # of hours on the certificate.  That way I can see at a glance how many hours I have.  

A co-worker was audited a couple years ago.  All he did was email his certificates and that was the end of it.

Dec 13, 21 11:22 am  · 
1  · 
natematt

I'm curious if people ever get audited by organizations other than the state licensing boards? 

Dec 14, 21 2:06 am  · 
 · 

I had a colleague that got audited by CSI when he was renewing his certification. Similar to the post above, he sent them the certificates and everything was fine.

Dec 14, 21 1:14 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: