Archinect
anchor

Finished Part I & II in the UK, getting licensed in another country. How do I get the UK license after?

thuonghiepduong

Hi everyone, 

I finished both my part I & II in the UK. However, I am currently getting my license in Vietnam, which requires 3 years of experience and an exam. I want to get the UK license after that, but don't know what category I would be in.

Would I be considered a normal UK student who will have to do the 2 years work experience then part III? Or would I be considered the holder of an overseas qualification and have to take the prescribed examination? Will my 3-year work experience in Vietnam be considered, or do I still have to work in the UK for 2 years min before I can take the exam?

Would love to get some advice!

Dec 8, 21 11:57 am
TED

Have a look at ARB. and here. 12 of 24 months should be in UK.   You should get a PSA and do PEDR on your work now.  Often your Part II Uni can provide this for a small fee.  Best also to be aware of what type of experience you should get and do a log of your work experience. If you are working in Vietnam under the direction of a UK Architect, you can count this to the 12 months.  Even if you are not working directly with a UK Architect in you office, you can approach that person and see if they would be willing to mentor you and sign off the experience work sheets.

As I understand it you can do Part III without completing experience - however, Part III generally requires a case study on a project. `Again, reach out to your Part II MPL tutor who can help you specifically maneuver the territory - 

Good Luck! :-)

Dec 8, 21 2:36 pm  · 
1  · 
thuonghiepduong

Thank you so much TED! What a detailed explanation, good to know my experience in Vietnam can still be usefull. I will have a look at the links you provided.

All the best!

Dec 9, 21 9:33 pm  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: