Archinect
anchor

Reciprocity

VettNYC7575

Hello all.  If you are applying for a license in PA through reciprocity, or any other state most likely, I recommend using NCARB certification only.  

I tried doing it without the certification.  After eight long months of back and forth communication, including being called before the board for questioning, I threw in the towel and spent $1100 to reinstate my NCARB membership, another $385 to have the certification transferred to PA, and received my PA license in three weeks!  

Don't be cheap since your TIME in LIFE is very valuable.

Oct 16, 21 9:21 am
∑ π ∓ √ ∞

Thank you?

Oct 16, 21 9:31 am  · 
randomised

I’m sure they waved your  fees if you’d reciprocate with a fluff post on archinect!

Oct 16, 21 9:41 am  · 
VettNYC7575

Wish someone would have had the balls to take a minute and post their lesson for me 8 months, 3 weeks ago, mr. ran doma latex. 

Oct 16, 21 10:05 am  · 
 · 
∑ π ∓ √ ∞

Balls? Really? I  went through the same in 2008, only my state calls it comity. I fought, and won. I didn't buckle to NCARB.

Oct 16, 21 10:20 am  · 
Fivescore

There have been a lot of posts about this in PA in the past, including at least two long threads in which multiple people reported the same thing you went through.  PA keeps some rules on the books about alternative routes to licensure and reciprocity that, in practice, they rarely or never let anybody through by.  They will let you fill out the applications for those routes, but they will not approve them without NCARB documentation.

Oct 16, 21 1:22 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

Do your homework up front. Know the tipping point where NCARB maxes fees and penalties. If you plan on moving before then, pay them their grift. If not, then let your cert lapse and pay when you move. That way they don't get to play with your money in the meantime.

And then, if you're pissed, maybe get involved with your state's licensing board and make a difference.

Oct 18, 21 2:15 pm  · 
3  · 
VettNYC7575

The logical path to a personal goal is the one of least resistance.   

Oct 26, 21 7:03 pm  · 
1  ·  2
∑ π ∓ √ ∞

So, if the board said you could slumpbust, or give abeej instead, you'd be down?

Oct 26, 21 8:00 pm  · 
VettNYC7575

@ b3tadine

Nov 21, 21 7:15 pm  · 
1  · 
VettNYC7575

@ b3tadine: wearing a pink tutu while typing BS as an underachiever

Nov 21, 21 7:16 pm  · 
2  · 
Non Sequitur

Giving yourself a thumbs up is not a good look.

Nov 21, 21 7:31 pm  · 
1  · 
∑ π ∓ √ ∞

Hey! Happy Thanksgiving! You ballsy mother!

Nov 22, 21 6:30 am  · 
 · 
VettNYC7575

b3tadine[sutures] 

You-dah-man!

Oct 26, 21 7:04 pm  · 
2  · 
∑ π ∓ √ ∞

You bet your mothafuckingass I am.

Oct 26, 21 7:59 pm  · 
1  ·  1
Bench

Honest question - does NCARB provide any kind of financial transparency reports each year? Do people actually know where these fees go?

Oct 27, 21 1:11 pm  · 
 · 
atelier nobody

I often wonder why this hasn't been litigated in Federal court as an "equal protection" issue...

(Or, maybe it has, and I just haven't heard about it because the suit(s) failed.)

Oct 28, 21 1:51 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: