Archinect
anchor

health care architecture

adyaautari

hi, could you recommend me a health care architectural building that are not so big but uniquely shaped? I'm having quite a hard time finding the perfect one for my uni assignment, thank youu

Sep 22, 21 11:03 pm
Non Sequitur

When is your assignment due?

Good luck.

Sep 22, 21 11:59 pm  · 
1  · 
adyaautari

thank you! it's due october 2nd, its quite simple actually, we're supposed to choose a healthcare facility and make a sketch+model making out of it, I'm just starting the first year btw

Sep 23, 21 9:49 am  · 
 · 
natematt

Weird shapes are typically at odds with strict programming requirements and really expensive construction. At most, they tend to compensate with size. 

Anyway... you could do your own research, but I guess I'd mention https://www.cannondesign.com/o...Pretty oddly shaped for a healthcare facility, and not that large. Kind of the least interesting part of the design if you know anything about linear accelerator space planning though.

Sep 23, 21 2:01 am  · 
1  · 
adyaautari

Thank you so much! it really helps. And for the context, the assignment is to make a model making of a healthcare facility with the area of the base 20×20, its quite small and to make a hospital that are commonly huge will be really challenging. By the way I'm just starting my first year :)) Thanks once again!

Sep 23, 21 9:59 am  · 
 · 
Maggie Center,they have around 30 facilities which are designed by different collaboration between architect and landscape architect. These small facilities are designed for patient with cancer. Every project has a unique or innovative point.
Sep 23, 21 10:55 pm  · 
2  · 
adyaautari

Omg I think I found the one I'm looking for!! As you said, it has around 30 facilities and I'm interested in Kalida Sant Pau! Thank you so muchh

Sep 24, 21 12:38 am  · 
1  · 
adyaautari

thanks for the info! I think its still eligible for my assignment since the typology of the building considered health landscape

Sep 25, 21 3:40 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Hospitals

Le Corbusier 

Piano

Sep 24, 21 6:50 am  · 
1  · 
adyaautari

thanks!

Sep 24, 21 10:09 am  · 
 · 

NBBJ had a couple projects they recently showed on their IG feed that might be interesting to you. Your post made me think of the Yellowhawk Tribal Health Center which takes on a different shape where the building is formed to create a small central courtyard. I also noticed their post showing the Meridian Center for Health. It looks to have a more typical formal layout though it could create a very nice looking model.

Sep 24, 21 11:55 am  · 
1  · 
adyaautari

thank you so much! I'm considering them now, it really does look like it could be a c
ool model to make!

Sep 25, 21 11:09 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: