Archinect
anchor

Office Views

Wood Guy

Donna posted her office view, a pleasant cityscape, in another thread. I'll post my home office view in the comments. What do you see from your office chair?

May 22, 21 8:44 am
Wood Guy

Here's my view. Don't mind the old garage--it needs to be either torn down or fixed up. Of course I have a lot of sketches for making it into a cool rural-modern office space. On the other side of the hill in the distance, a mile away, is a blueberry field with 100-mile views--a nice place to go for a mental reset.

My wife's new tulip bed is on its way out and the lawn needs to be mowed but I was waiting for the dandelions to pass so the few insects we have around this year would have some food. And we have a major infestation of browntail moth which means just going outside can result in a poison ivy-like rash. Country life is nice but it has its challenges. 

May 22, 21 8:48 am  · 
9  · 
tduds

The view from my home office is 1000x better than my office office. 

May 25, 21 12:09 pm  · 
13  · 
JLC-1

I look out on a membrane roof, there used to be a deck over part of it, but the building will be renovated in 2 years and ownership doesn't care much anymore. Beyond that is the ski area with hotels and condos. It looks nicer with 3 ft of snow. 

May 25, 21 12:28 pm  · 
8  · 

Here's my view, if I swivel my chair around. The little tomato thing in front is an ergonomic perch stool that I'm trying to use more often as my doctor just this morning assigned me to physical thrapy for sitting-related back pain :-(

The crosswalk and paving are part of the Indianapolis Cultural Trail, which runs right under the window. Nice for people watching!

May 25, 21 1:35 pm  · 
9  · 
Non Sequitur

Here’s mine.  Soon to be 5 year old clearly not doing virtual school included for scale. 

May 25, 21 2:00 pm  · 
7  · 
tduds

That structure looks like it was a blast to assemble!

May 25, 21 2:01 pm  · 
1  · 
Non Sequitur

Thanks, was a blast to design too!

May 25, 21 2:02 pm  · 
1  · 
joseffischer

Can you pull the lumber tag off the end of the swing cantilever and retake the pic? asking for marketing, thanks

May 25, 21 2:16 pm  · 
4  · 
Non Sequitur

^Joe, the tag is there to remind me that I still need to trim the last 4ish inches off the end of the swing mast.  I added the mast last month but built the rest back in May 2020.

May 25, 21 2:28 pm  · 
1  · 

Then cut off the mast then! Dang it man!

May 25, 21 3:01 pm  · 
1  · 
randomised

Priceless!

May 25, 21 4:16 pm  · 
 · 

Not much of a view from my desk. 

Then again the view once I'm outside the office is pretty nice. 

May 25, 21 2:23 pm  · 
8  · 
SneakyPete

reminds me of garden of the gods.

May 25, 21 11:31 pm  · 
1  · 

But with way less people and 10x bigger.  It's the National Monument. The rock tower is call the Monument. It's a fun climb.

May 26, 21 10:37 am  · 
1  · 
SneakyPete

Need to do that sometime. What's it go at?

May 27, 21 5:47 pm  · 
 · 

Last ten feet is a mid 10. The rest is between 7-8.

May 27, 21 7:13 pm  · 
1  · 
SneakyPete

I'm currently too out of shape for that. I'll second if you lead.

May 27, 21 7:32 pm  · 
 · 

Sure!

May 28, 21 9:17 am  · 
1  · 
proto

a little wet today but the view is decent

May 25, 21 4:22 pm  · 
6  · 
tduds

Is that an old lift chair?

May 25, 21 4:44 pm  · 
2  · 
proto

Yep

Old Pucci chair from Timberline

May 25, 21 10:46 pm  · 
2  · 
Seiji

Got the Shibuya-Roppongi expressway right next to me. It's not as noisy as one might expect. It's definitely more fun to ride than to look at though.

May 25, 21 11:43 pm  · 
7  · 
SneakyPete

Is that the one in IQ84?

May 26, 21 4:32 am  · 
 · 
Seiji

Yes. Completely forgot about that passage. Right on the money there.

May 26, 21 4:54 am  · 
1  · 
RJ87

I can still remember the ticket machine button combination I used to drunkenly get ramen about a mile & a half from there about 3-4 times a week (it was college, don't judge the frequency). I didn't speak a shred of Japanese, so it was essentially a game of Simon for me to order dinner. Hope the place is still open, they were nice folks.

May 28, 21 10:36 am  · 
2  · 
Almosthip7

here’s my crappy office view 

I do have to drive at least 5 hours to do inspections. This week I got to drive through the Canadian Rockies from northern Alberta to southern British Columbia, about 12 hour drive.  One my last journey I saw 5 grizzly bears, 1 black bear, at least 100 deer, 2 mountain goats, 4 elk, 1 bald eagle.  Picture of momma grizzly and 2 Cubs below.  

May 27, 21 6:25 pm  · 
10  · 
curtkram

Studio mascot 

May 28, 21 7:00 pm  · 
6  · 

Is that some type of vulture?

May 28, 21 8:11 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

^ Or just another client?

May 28, 21 9:53 pm  · 
2  · 
curtkram

a little of both. our office has a balcony that overlooks a nice tree area with a creek and a pond with a bunch of carp in it. those vultures hang out looking for the carp. we have what i think is a red tailed hawk that hangs out as well.

May 28, 21 10:17 pm  · 
4  · 

May or may not be well known to some here, but the red tailed hawk is the bald eagle's voice-over actor in the movies. https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=156187375

May 28, 21 11:52 pm  · 
2  · 

Update: I’m physically in the Chicago office today, so this is my view for today. 

Gonna be hard going back to Naptown after this.

Sep 13, 21 3:16 pm  · 
5  · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Why not jog over to the Twin Cities?

Sep 13, 21 3:20 pm  · 
1  · 

Plus, your building isn't red in Indy.

Sep 13, 21 5:35 pm  · 
1  · 

You know exactly where I was, Josh! I’m headed home now, sadly.

Sep 13, 21 8:08 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

I hope you at least got some excellent pizza.

Sep 13, 21 9:56 pm  · 
 · 

To be fair, I’ve been in that office before.

Sep 13, 21 11:36 pm  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: