Archinect
anchor

The apukov Challenge

As apukov is apparently amused by his/her/their infantile attempts at insulting me ("the unworthy son of a great architect", see the Architect / Accounting thread): it is time for the envious, anonymous, shit-talking little twat to put up or shut up.

I hereby issue him/her/they a direct challenge: a review of completed work to be judged by members of Archinect.

apukov: Post pictures of your completed work here (assuming of course that you have any). I will then post a few of mine, and the forum will be the judge.

Mar 14, 21 2:24 pm
natematt

... is it bad that I actually want to see this architecture-off happen. 

Mar 14, 21 3:48 pm  · 
5  · 
Wood Guy

Same. I don't know what apu's issue is but they have only made a few comments, mostly anti-Miles. Miles, I get my share of hate mail for the causes I promote--you must be doing something right to have such an un-fan!

Mar 14, 21 3:54 pm  · 
3  · 
Non Sequitur

have apu’s comments been nuked?

Mar 14, 21 5:17 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

*apkouv

Mar 14, 21 7:54 pm  · 
 · 

Too bad. I was looking forward to posting my high school portfolio.

Mar 14, 21 9:22 pm  · 
1  · 
SneakyPete

Please still do.

Mar 15, 21 12:44 am  · 
3  · 
apkouv

Miles, I accept your challenge. Before we discuss built work, let's start off with the basics:

-Which architecture school did you attend?

-When did you graduate?

-Are you a licensed architect in any state?

-Which professional positions have you held in architecture aside from working for your father's firm?

-What is your employment history?

-Why did you quit architecture?

I look forward to your answers.

Mar 16, 21 8:52 am  · 
Wood Guy

What do any of those things have to do with being talented at designing buildings that actually get built? Most of them are shields wielded by untalented hacks. IMHO.

Mar 16, 21 9:10 am  · 
4  · 
Non Sequitur

Apk, those don't matter as much as you think they do.

Mar 16, 21 9:20 am  · 
3  ·  1

I am stunned by the quality (and quantity!) of work displayed in apukov's pictures. It is clear that he/she is far more competent and talented than I will ever be, and I am too embarassed to post pictures of the few small bits of shoddy work I've done over the last 40 years or so in comparison. 

You win, apukov, and it is well earned! I hope you rapidly achieve the fame, fortune, and adulation you clearly deserve so that you don't have to continue hiding under a psuedonym on the forums.

Mar 16, 21 10:10 am  · 
1  · 
Non Sequitur

I felt the disturbance in the force too... Almost spilled my coffee.

Mar 16, 21 10:27 am  · 
1  · 
apkouv

Miles, are you having difficulty answering my questions above? 

Mar 17, 21 5:18 pm  · 

-Which architecture school did you attend?

-When did you graduate?

-Are you a licensed architect in any state? 

-Which professional positions have you held in architecture aside from working for your father's firm? -

What is your employment history?

Also show us some of your work.  Put up or shut up. 

Mar 17, 21 5:31 pm  · 
3  · 
JLC-1

so far, he's only proved how much a human sphincter he is and nothing else

Mar 17, 21 5:42 pm  · 
1  · 

Oh I figured as much. Typical internet tough guy/gal. When push comes to shove he/she is a looser coward.

Mar 17, 21 5:49 pm  · 
1  · 
Non Sequitur

But now we have thumbs down, that’s the equivalent of writing a quality response, right?

Mar 17, 21 6:05 pm  · 
 · 

Naw. That's what calling him / her a looser coward is for.

Mar 17, 21 6:07 pm  · 
2  · 

apukov: 

The answers to the questions you posed in a desperate attempt to avoid the challenge that you claimed to accept are a matter of public record.

I'd gladly loan you a shovel but honestly can't see how you could possibly dig your hole any deeper.

Except maybe by posting some pictures of your completed work - assuming that you have any.

Mar 17, 21 6:47 pm  · 
 · 
apkouv

Miles, it seems like you are conveniently avoiding to answer my questions and the bloodthirsty mob is on your side, so I will give you a bit of help:

-Miles, which architecture school did you attend? Answer: None, he was not good enough to make it into school.

-Miles, when did you graduate? Answer: He never graduated from any architecture school. 

-Miles, are you a licensed architect in any state? Answer: He is not licensed in any state. Instead he took the shortcut to becoming an architect, by getting into daddy's business.

-Miles, which professional positions have you held in architecture aside from working for your father's firm? Answer: None. He was neither qualified, not capable enough to be employed in architecture. That's why he worked for dad, who held his hand all the way.

-Miles, what is your employment history? Answer: None, he doesn't have any other than working for daddy.

-Why did you quit architecture? Answer: Miles wanted so badly to be an architect but quit architecture, because he was not cut out for it. He was always peripheral to architecture.

In short, we have a person who is not trained in architecture, is not a licensed architect, has never been employed by an architecture firm and took the easy way into the profession due to being the son of an architect. The only reason why you have built work Miles is due to your father. You didn't make it on your own. Every single architecture graduate or licensed architect out there has already accomplished higher achievements than you. On the other hand, you are just an entitled brat who wanted to have it easy. 

End of discussion.

Mar 21, 21 7:07 pm  · 
Wood Guy

Sad troll is sad

Mar 21, 21 7:24 pm  · 
4  · 
x-jla

Ive had my disagreements with Miles, but he’s a talented guy, and his father was too. The education of growing up alongside such a great architect puts any of our formal educations to shame. One of, if not the first pieces of great architecture I’ve ever experienced was the Gates or the Grove synagogue. My catholic mother took me there for some reason as a kid. I remember being in awe. It’s still to this day one of my favorite buildings in the world.

Mar 21, 21 7:31 pm  · 
4  · 
Non Sequitur

You can't say end of discussion if you never contributed anything to it.

Mar 21, 21 10:43 pm  · 
2  · 

apkouv -

Which architectural school did you go to?

Are you a licensed architect?

What's your employment history in the field of architecture?

Mar 22, 21 6:49 pm  · 
1  · 

I’m sick of old people, I’m so ready for all the 70+ year olds in congress to move on and let young people actually have an impact on how to run the world they’re going to inherit (I’m 53).

That said I’m going to do something I try not to do often: play the seniority card. Miles has been here for years and many of us have already seen his work. Apkouv, I don’t know you and have no idea what kind of work you do. Can you post some?

Mar 22, 21 6:50 am  · 
10  · 
Non Sequitur

Mar 22, 21 8:04 am  · 
3  · 
( o Y o )

[gentle breeze sound]

Mar 22, 21 6:10 pm  · 
4  · 

Come on apkouv - be an adult and post up some of your work.  Don't be a cowardly nobody. 

Tell us what school you attended.  How many years have you been licensed?  What's your employment history?

Mar 22, 21 6:53 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Mar 23, 21 3:57 pm  · 
1  · 

I'm curious why this apkouv person has such dislike of Miles.

Miles - did you steal his/her domestic partner?  Get a project they wanted?  What's the deal?

Mar 23, 21 4:13 pm  · 
1  · 

Penis envy?

Mar 23, 21 4:31 pm  · 
 · 

Possibly, but this is too far for that.

Mar 23, 21 4:59 pm  · 
 · 

The only thing I know about apukov is that he/she/they have a seriously impacted cranial-rectal inversion.

Mar 23, 21 8:33 pm  · 
1  · 

Mar 26, 21 11:51 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

for the next 10hr after yours.

Mar 26, 21 11:52 am  · 
2  · 

Why did they choose homasote for that? I can't even get past the first minute.

Mar 26, 21 11:59 am  · 
 · 

Also it's looped at 3:43:51. Sorry guys, boring zoom meeting.

Mar 26, 21 12:12 pm  · 
1  · 
proto

hey, SPOILERS!!!!...sheesh, I was saving that for later...

Mar 26, 21 6:41 pm  · 
1  · 

bump

Jul 15, 21 8:34 pm  · 
2  · 
Non Sequitur

obligatory

Jul 16, 21 8:38 am  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

at what point is this going to be considered cyberbullying?

Jul 16, 21 4:02 am  · 
 · 
randomised

from the get-go

Jul 16, 21 7:21 am  · 
 · 
Wood Guy

You do mean Apu's following Miles around and harassing him, right?

Jul 16, 21 8:23 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

if this is what is considered cyber-bullying... then what's next? Soon a simple thumbs down will be seen as an assault. Maybe the big green head needs to change the thumb options to include a range of positive to slightly less than (but not outright negative) thumbs to avoid future cyber-bullying class action lawsuits. /s slightly.

Jul 16, 21 8:37 am  · 
 · 

Simple way to solve this. If you act like a boorish dick your profile looses its anonymity and everyone can see who you are. If you're too scarred to insult someone using your real name then you shouldn't be saying it.

Jul 16, 21 9:34 am  · 
 · 

I asked the big green head to intervene but they declined to respond, let alone take action. Maybe they think this sideshow increases site traffic and advertising revenue?

Jul 16, 21 9:40 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

^ yeah.... no. My inbox is filled enough as it is with randos (not to be confused with his dutch royalness, randomized) sending me PMs... I don't need any of the wackjobs reaching me at will.

Jul 16, 21 9:42 am  · 
 · 
Wood Guy

Miles, for better or worse, it is the most interesting thing going on around here lately. Too bad for you..

Jul 16, 21 9:45 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Just don’t feed the [whatever]...cant help to notice that this only happens after certain kinds of posts ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jul 16, 21 9:47 am  · 
 · 

NS - You get a lot of PM's? Dang. I feel so underappreciated. The only person I've PM'd is you when COVID kicked off. I guess I should feel flattered that you deemed me worthy of a response. ;)

Jul 16, 21 9:51 am  · 
1  · 
Non Sequitur

^Chad, I really try hard to avoid folio and school discussions because they often trigger a half dozen emails looking for advice and oddly enough, legal advice on immigration to Canada. I guess those are seasonal with application deadlines tho but I will answer those that are genuine and for which I can actually add something constructive... but now that I think about it, It has been a few weeks since the last random PM from some unknown person I got. Then again, activity here is on summer holiday and we're all busy as fuck. Anyways, you know there's a cold beer waiting for you at my table if ever to venture north.

Jul 16, 21 10:01 am  · 
 · 

NS - Thanks for the offer. If I still lived in Duluth MN I'd come visit you. Being out in western Colorado makes things a bit more challenging.

Jul 16, 21 10:13 am  · 
 · 

@random so I’m supposed to self-censor by trying to anticipate what some cyberstalking asshole will do? I might as well just abandon archinect, in which case the stalker wins. Nice system.

Jul 16, 21 10:24 am  · 
 · 

Miles - I think Rano is saying to IGNORE the trolls.

Hard to do but very effective.  

Jul 16, 21 10:49 am  · 
 · 

I ignored apukov long ago. Which does not stop him from making disparaging comments about me as evidenced by the response of others to his posts, which persist like a trail of footprints after one has stepped in dog shit. I'm pretty sure that if some asshole was doing this to Donna he would have been 86'd in a nanosecond.

Jul 16, 21 11:07 am  · 
1  · 
randomised

What I meant was, there’s usually a response when posts are (in my opinion) unnecessarily snarky or negative in general or directed towards unsuspecting easy targets. Does that make any sense?

Jul 16, 21 4:31 pm  · 
 · 
Jay1122

Nah Rando, miles can talk whatever he wants. It is the point of forum. I don't like forums full of boring phony people. You just have to be able to handle the trolls. I am handling mine. Like that Apukouv equivalent Chad up there keep spreading rumors across forum trying to put Apukouv's dirty shit on me.

Jul 16, 21 4:52 pm  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

The only person to have PM,'we me

Jul 16, 21 6:43 pm  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

Fuck sorry typing this tipsy. But the only person who has PM'ed me is rick and I'm feeling jealous of you lot who get regularly harassed.

Jul 16, 21 6:44 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: