Archinect
anchor

Prospects for an Architect wanting to pursue MBA

chanshinnohara

Hi. I am an architecture graduate who wants to change careers. But since our's is a professional course, I don't know what my prospects are outside of the Architecture and design field. But I'm very unhappy with my job and am desperate to change my line of work. Will an MBA degree help me land a job that is completely unrelated to Architecture? Say, HR or Finance for example?

Feb 28, 21 10:59 am
thisisnotmyname

Yes, I think so.  I know someone with a B.Arch who later got an MBA and now works as a CPA in an accounting firm.

Early in my career, I tried to apply for entry level administrative jobs in law and corporate consulting firms and my academic background in architecture was a real handicap.  The recruiters seemed much more comfortable with people that had business degrees.

Feb 28, 21 12:28 pm  · 
 · 
monosierra

There was a bloke who went to HBS a couple of years after the GSD and is now working as a corporate consultant. You might find some principals and founders of certain commercial practices who have an MBA. Naturally, their energies are focused on business development rather than design.

Feb 28, 21 9:55 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

• ×Search in: