Archinect
anchor

florida license renewal

designermom

Hello-

I am renewing my Florida license through my job (they pay for it). As of now, it has not shown up as renewed on the DBPR website. I have taken all of the continuing education courses required for renewal. Do I need to submit my CEU's to the state? (I thought I only submitted if they asked for them). I don't see anywhere on the website where it was paid. I asked my employer if they could check to see if the payment was sent.

Any advice is welcome! Thanks

Feb 3, 21 11:06 am

Currently, just wait to see what your employer says.

Next time, take care of it yourself, then submit a reimbursement request to the office. It cuts out the "middle man" and you're fully responsible for it, the office just cuts you a check to reimburse the renewal cost. 

Every office I've been in has handled it this way.

Feb 3, 21 11:34 am  · 
 · 
designermom

The office will only do it this way. I think it's easier for their bookkeeping.

Feb 3, 21 11:57 am  · 
 · 

Interesting. You had another thread about AIA membership and it sounded like the office reimbursed you for it rather than paying for it directly. My office is the opposite. I get reimbursed for my renewal fee, but they pay for AIA memberships directly. Likely because all the AIA memberships are up for renewal at the end of the year and processing that many different reimbursement checks would be time consuming and inefficient. However, license renewals are scattered throughout the year and probably easier to manage as a reimbursement.

Feb 3, 21 12:11 pm  · 
 · 
mightyaa

I get reimbursed for everything; NCARB, AIA, Licenses and CE classes. If I remember right with my FL license, you don't submit the CE's, but might be wrong (there's a couple states that require it). If you do, it's not a big deal if you are tracking through the AIA. Just print your transcript to pdf and the renewal online process asks for attachments... Just attach. I vaguely recall some State (I think LA) requires a separate email with your transcript. FL does have specific requirements of a few that are specific to Florida Building Code issues. I just did online classes

Feb 3, 21 12:27 pm  · 
 · 

I get reimbursed for NOTHING.

Feb 3, 21 7:07 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: