Archinect
anchor

Sketchup - Render Plug-in Inquiry

Broadstreetexpresstrain

I am looking for recommendations for a Sketchup render plugin that is both economical and relatively simple to learn ( without a steep learning curb), that also has multiple online tutorials. 

I purchased a plug in but it has little online tutorials or support. 

I am not looking to become an expert at real photo rendering, but would like to have decent - simple capability.

Also, do most here render in Photoshop only, rely solely on your render plugins or use a combination of both?

Thanks

Jan 6, 21 12:58 pm
SneakyPete

Enscape, 40 a month, output is good.

Jan 6, 21 1:48 pm  · 
2  · 
chris-chitect

I personally like the Twilight render plugin, although I didn't do all that much research and there might be something better.

It's totally free, no trial or annoying prompts to upgrade. It's a bit tricky to learn and hit and miss with quality but I'm getting better and better with it. Now that I'm more efficient with it, it's easy to render within a few clicks.

I don't think it's the latest and greatest plugin out there, anytime I look for support articles or related forum posts, they are from years ago. 

The plugin has some presets that save you a lot of time. You can find a few lighting packages out there where you just cut and paste a light into your project.

I do find that it just never puts out a bright enough render, but dropping it into photoshop and boosting the shadows is a quick fix. 

Jan 6, 21 1:49 pm  · 
 · 
JAK-90825
Yeh I have enjoyed using enscape in sketchup as well. Very easy to learn.
Jan 9, 21 7:32 am  · 
 · 
Broadstreetexpresstrain

thanks everyone for your input......I have been using the enscape trial period and I am so far impressed with what it can do .....along with all of the online support....

Jan 27, 21 9:17 pm  · 
 · 
urbanity

vray

Jan 27, 21 11:19 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: