Archinect
anchor

Would anybody like to contribute any non-profit concept art for the future!?

timothyjones

I have an idea for community living, which I think will be the way we will live in the not to distant future... If anybody would like to be a part of helping to create it that'd be really cool!

Here it is:

A group of people who share the dream of community living buy a large block of land together.

They divide the block up into seperate private blocks, and a communal are.

They build their own homes on their own blocks, and start working on the communal area together.

They each pay an agreed upon fee for the development and maintenance of the communal area.

New comers pay for their share of the land, communal area, community savings, and then build their home.

This income is shared amongst the other members.

Anybody can leave when ever they like if the choose to do so, and the community can kick anybody out if need be.

In either case the community gives back the leaving Memebers(s) the full value of their home, as well as their share of land, communal area, and community savings. 

All decisions would be made democratically.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I think it would be ideal to have a large community of about 50 family homes around a circle with a 200 metre diameter, facing inwards, with their own little private front yards, to express some individually with their own gardens...

And then a shared front yard, about 60 metres longs, filled with tennis courts, a basket ball court, a lawn bowls field, a man made pond/stream/waterfall with fish,frogs, and turtles, a Japanese style garden, a play ground, a skate park, decks, BBQs, pizza ovens, fire pots, seating, hammocks, water features, sculptures, wind chimes, bird baths, and lots of nature!...

And then in the centre, a 80 metre diameter round building, with a pool, spas, a sauna, a gym, a longue/cafe/bar, a stage, pool tables, a dining area, a shared kitchen, a cinema, bowling alley, arcade, art rooms, music rooms, a library, games, puzzles, kids rooms ect...

And anything/everything else we'd want!

(there's a lot you can do with the manpower of 50 families, and just a small fraction of what they make! We could all live in luxury! And have a big family to enjoy it all with!

Oct 28, 20 12:34 pm
senjohnblutarsky

Nonprofit... 

Oct 28, 20 12:37 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

This is an HOA.

Oct 28, 20 12:55 pm  · 
7  · 

This will be the underrated comment of the thread.

Oct 28, 20 1:06 pm  · 
1  · 
timothyjones

You could call it that...

Oct 29, 20 10:02 pm  · 
 · 
timothyjones

But it practice it's not really like any HOA I've seen before! (prove me wrong if I am!?)

Oct 29, 20 10:03 pm  · 
 · 
timothyjones

In*

Oct 29, 20 10:03 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

This is so incredibly dumb and naïve.  It's also been proposed in 8 million different forms over the last 50 years.  

Oct 29, 20 9:55 pm  · 
 · 
timothyjones

Care to provide some examples!?

Oct 29, 20 10:04 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

How much research have you done so far?

Oct 29, 20 11:30 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Also, denmark says hi:

Oct 29, 20 9:56 pm  · 
 · 
timothyjones

That's just a bunch of private homes arrange in a circle! It's actually nothing at all like I'm proposing is it!?

Oct 29, 20 10:05 pm  · 
Non Sequitur

just add a few communal BBQ pits and you're almost there.

1  · 
x-jla

Would you happen to look like this guy?

· 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: