Archinect
anchor

M.Arch Fall 2021 Application Status

narsisholmes

So a little late, but here you go

B.S Architecture / Texas Tech University / 2020

3.3 - N/A - N/A

3 Professors

My letters were tailored to each school that I applied to, but each letter's gist was how the experiences I have gone through in architecture affect what I wanted to do in the future. (If y'all want to see it let me know in the comments)

Texas Tech, University of Michigan, WUSTL, UT Austin, Pratt, RISD, Sci Arch, and Yale

I didn't go to any open houses but did research on all the schools before. My top choices are UT Austin and U Mich

Results:

Texas Tech - In ($1,000)

The University of Michigan - In  ($20,000)

WUSTL - waiting on a decision

UT Austin - In (waiting on financial aid info)

Pratt - Waiting on a decision

RISD - In (75% tuition)

Sci-Arc - Waiting on a decision

Yale - Rejected

Portfolio: https://issuu.com/nholmes1/doc...

I hope this helps, also to those who believe they can't get into a great school because their GPA isn't great, just remember that your portfolio and essay are equally, if not more important.

Mar 1, 21 2:10 pm  · 
7  · 
SAKD

Congrats! Did you receive a call or an email from RISD? Also what program did you apply to?

Mar 1, 21 2:27 pm  · 
 · 
narsisholmes

They called me a few weeks ago and they said I would be receiving an official letter today. And I applied for the M.Arch 2 year programs for each school.

Mar 1, 21 2:29 pm  · 
1  · 
SAKD

Can you please inform me when you have received the official letter? I am also waiting on it. Thank you in advance!

Mar 1, 21 2:40 pm  · 
1  · 
narsisholmes

In at WUSTL

Mar 1, 21 4:27 pm  · 
1  · 
narsisholmes

@SAKD I received the official letter today in my portal

Mar 1, 21 6:21 pm  · 
1  · 
t.s.

Congrats on your Admits! Did you receive an email regarding any FA or Scholarship from WUSTL ?

Mar 3, 21 3:09 pm  · 
 · 
lmaccora

Congrats on your UT Austin acceptance! I would be happy to help give you an insight into the program if you have any questions!

Mar 4, 21 1:38 am  · 
 · 
narsisholmes

@T.S I haven’t yet

Mar 4, 21 1:37 pm  · 
 · 
t.s.

I haven't either. They responded to my email saying that they would in a week or so..

Mar 7, 21 3:44 pm  · 
 · 
narsisholmes

In at Sci Arc

Mar 12, 21 11:27 pm  · 
1  · 
narsisholmes

In at Pratt

Mar 19, 21 1:02 pm  · 
 · 
narsisholmes

It’s been a ride, I’m extremely happy with all of the schools that accepted me and no matter where I go I know I’ll end up somewhere good
!

Mar 19, 21 1:03 pm  · 
 · 
Michealreynolds77

where did you end up?

Mar 23, 22 8:37 pm  · 
 · 
narsisholmes1

@ Michealreynolds, I ended up at UT Austin and I'm having a great time! If you have any questions just let me know!

Mar 24, 22 9:41 am  · 
 · 
aloysius
  • Undergraduate Degree/ School/ Year graduated: BA w/ a studio art major, 2021
  • GPA - GRE  - TOEFL:  3.96 - 166/159/5.5 - n/a
  • Letter of recommendations 3 professors
  • Personal Essay/Statement related to my portfolio and art making practice
  • Portfolio  all varied studio art projects including sculpture, drawing, painting, and printmaking
  • Schools ysoa, uc berkeley, gsd, wustl
  • Open house impressions  went to yale and gsd open houses, found both helpful and informative as someone coming from a non-arch background. i would say that i was able to glean the general ~vibe of the two schools from their respective open houses--esp when they had sessions when the students were talking about their experiences
  • Results in at yale, berkeley, and gsd. waiting on wustl lol
  • Tips  start early etc etc. i took the essays really seriously; during the yale open house one of the professors said that they're placing more importance on the essays than they had previously
Mar 1, 21 3:09 pm  · 
 · 
Henlee

My friend just got an email from GSD - she got in. Haven't received yet, but have others heard back. Feeling nervous now :( 

Mar 1, 21 3:09 pm  · 
 · 
dt_cs

​yeah I guess the results are coming.  Two guys have updated the results in gradcafe. 

Mar 1, 21 3:13 pm  · 
 · 
aloysius

i just heard back... they might have updated the portal and the email may have missed you? no harm in checking the portal either way . good luck!! :)

Mar 1, 21 3:15 pm  · 
1  · 
faddo001

I haven't received an ​email yet and the portal still just says "submitted." There's still hope!

Mar 1, 21 3:20 pm  · 
 · 
Henlee

Yeah I'm just worried that this means I got rejected since I haven't received an email yet :( Sucks ugh.

Mar 1, 21 3:23 pm  · 
 · 
KingGizzard

Do you guys know if they released specifically for M.Arch 2 ? I have received decisions for MAUD, but my M.Arch 2 app is still pending

Mar 1, 21 3:32 pm  · 
 · 
faddo001

I am just sitting here, should be working, refreshing the page every 5 minutes lol. No clue about M.Arch 2 vs 1.

Mar 1, 21 3:43 pm  · 
 · 
Dokuser

also should be working but just refreshing the portal over and over again
lol

Mar 1, 21 3:49 pm  · 
 · 
archsurvivor101

where do you expect to see the status change? on the page that says submitted or when you click the program and it brings you to the documents etc. page

Mar 1, 21 3:54 pm  · 
 · 
faddo001

I think on the page that says submitted, before you click on the program, but I could be wrong

Mar 1, 21 4:06 pm  · 
 · 
Emma3

Don't they notify everybody at once ? Do they notify the admitted applicants first then the rejected ones later ?

Mar 1, 21 4:40 pm  · 
 · 
12345L

That's what I'm feeling..given that it's been almost 2 hours since some of the first admits have received the email.

Mar 1, 21 4:47 pm  · 
 · 
faddo001

Maybe they do like 2:30pm EST, 2:30pm central, 2:30pm pacific, etc. HAHA yeah right, I probably didn't get in.

Mar 1, 21 5:02 pm  · 
 · 
seema8585

anyone know if the GSD sent out decisions for MLA?

Mar 1, 21 3:42 pm  · 
 · 
12345L

Has anyone gotten a rejection email from GSD for M Arch I?

Mar 1, 21 3:43 pm  · 
 · 
koratheexplorer

Nothing yet...seems like most people are being left in limbo without any decision? It's torture! Hope we find out soon one way or another...

Mar 1, 21 4:30 pm  · 
1  · 
faddo001

Just received rejection email from GSD for M Arch I. Not surprised. Congrats to those who got in though!

Mar 1, 21 5:25 pm  · 
 · 
newglix

anyone hear back from cornell?

Mar 1, 21 4:33 pm  · 
 · 
MTTS

yes, I got an acceptance email 15 minutes ago

Mar 1, 21 4:36 pm  · 
2  · 
newglix

weird haven't gotten anything yet and my online portal not updated..congrats btw!

Mar 1, 21 4:56 pm  · 
 · 
MTTS

Thank you, my online portal has not updated yet either.

Mar 1, 21 5:03 pm  · 
 · 
Emma3

For those who got accepted at the GSD, Could you let us know please when exactly did you receive the email ? time and time zone 

Thanks

Mar 1, 21 4:43 pm  · 
2  · 
kx.rbz

please see below. posted in wrong spot

· 
12345L

I know that my friend who got admitted to M Arch I received it around 2:50pm EST

Mar 1, 21 4:48 pm  · 
 · 
cbkk

Didn't receive an email but my portal was updated around 2:30p EST. Admitted to M.Arch I

Mar 1, 21 4:51 pm  · 
 · 
12345L

Got rejected from M Arch I. I have a feeling those who received it around 2:30-3:00pm EST were those that were accepted.

Mar 1, 21 5:08 pm  · 
 · 
Luques

I was accepted to GSD MArch I and received an email at 2:49 PM EST

Mar 1, 21 5:52 pm  · 
 · 
kop1234

I got accepted to GSD M Arch at 2:49 PM EST on March 1st as well

Mar 2, 21 4:23 am  · 
 · 
kx.rbz

1:30pm Eastern time. M.Arch II, GSD. Good luck to all. Very thrilled.

Mar 1, 21 4:45 pm  · 
 · 
kx.rbz

@emma3 , I posted in wrong spot, this was to your question from a moment ago. I hope that helps.

1  · 
kx.rbz

meant to say 2:30pm

Mar 1, 21 4:50 pm  · 
 · 
O.Owl

Has anyone here heard back from the MLAUD program in GSD? Looks like it's not very popular?

Mar 1, 21 4:52 pm  · 
 · 
arch_world

Has anyone heard from Pratt? I thought decisions would come back today. 

Mar 1, 21 5:52 pm  · 
 · 
hemantjindal

They told me that ' I should expect all decisions to be completed by March 1st.' but nothing came today.

Mar 1, 21 11:09 pm  · 
1  · 
lisa9834

I heard from them 6:19 pm PST through email. Good luck!

Mar 1, 21 11:10 pm  · 
2  · 
DR..

I heard from Pratt on 2/3/2021. I’m in but not FA. Do get in touch with me if you get in and think of going..

Mar 5, 21 1:45 pm  · 
1  · 
msomebody

Harvard GSD MDes:

What are the chances of getting in from the waitlist this year? Isn't May too late to know?

Mar 1, 21 5:56 pm  · 
 · 
Luques

Does anyone know if MIT has sent out all their MArch acceptances (not SMArchS)?  What about waitlisted?  

On GradCafe all the acceptances last year were posted in late Feb and the rejections on March 20.  Prior year it was more spread out.   Mr. Petty was right when he sang the waiting is the hardest part ....

Mar 1, 21 6:27 pm  · 
1  · 
kop1234

Not sure, but I am super anxious for the results

Mar 2, 21 10:51 pm  · 
 · 
bc97

Anyone know when will GSAPP release their decisions? Thanks. 

Mar 1, 21 6:40 pm  · 
4  · 
Luques

As a point of reference, last year GSAPP decsions went out on 3/5 to scholarship recipients, 3/13 to other acceptances, a few days later to waitlisted, and end of March to those denied.

Mar 2, 21 9:33 am  · 
2  · 
jb

anyone hear anything from sci-arc? Wondering if they released any more today.

Mar 1, 21 7:54 pm  · 
1  · 
hemantjindal

Still Wating!

Mar 1, 21 11:08 pm  · 
 · 
dsh_

Yep waiting!

Mar 2, 21 12:06 am  · 
 · 
dt_cs

'Hopefully this month', they said when I mailed them asking for the dates of admission results.

Mar 2, 21 2:03 am  · 
3  · 
dsh_

haha taking their sweeet time

Mar 2, 21 2:16 am  · 
 · 
athousandmoons

i received a phone call on Thursday

Mar 2, 21 3:52 am  · 
2  · 
dsh_

Congrats!! What program did you apply to?

Mar 2, 21 3:30 pm  · 
1  · 
athousandmoons

I applied to M Arch I :)

Mar 2, 21 6:45 pm  · 
1  · 
narsisholmes

I got the official acceptance yesterday with financial aid

Mar 18, 21 11:36 am  · 
1  · 
kop1234

A little late to the party but here is my information.

• Undergraduate Degree/ School/ Year graduated 
    • Spring 2021
  • GPA - GRE  - TOEFL 
    • 3.6/ NA/ NA
  • Letter of recommendations 
    • 3 - 5 five letters of rec  (one work related, the rest professors)
  • Personal Essay/Statement 
    • varied for all applications but based around the idea of lived spatial experiences
  • Portfolio
    • minimal portfolio. Heavy on the white space and only added projects that spoke to my personal passions. All projects were done for courses.
  • Schools 
    • Harvard GSD, MIT, Princeton SOA, UC Berkeley, UCLA
  • Open house impressions 
    • Only attended MIT open house and GSD portfolio workshop session. MIT open house was super interesting and inclusive, made me want to go there. For portfolio, they suggested putting in a variety of work that represents who you are and not just drawing conventions. GSD portfolio showed me that minimal portfolios are the way to go.
  • Results 
    • accepted at GSD and Berkeley
    • waiting for the rest, will update as soon as I can
  • Tips
    • Think of your application as one unit that tells different parts of yourself but should somehow be connected. For example, if you are inclined with storytelling, write about that but also show projects that are about storytelling while also showing your ability to draw and think critically. 
    • Ask references from people that know you as a person. Should ask yourself if these people know what you are interested in and your work ethic.
Mar 1, 21 9:19 pm  · 
 · 
kop1234

Update: Princeton is out, still waiting on MIT and UCLA. Dont have the highest hopes for MIT since some people got accepted already.

If anyone has any student perspective on GSD or Berkeley it would be great to talk about it a little more.

Mar 5, 21 4:47 pm  · 
1  · 
kop1234

Update: In at UCLA with full 3-year funding. Still waiting on MIT but it does not seem like I will be accepted

Mar 10, 21 7:10 am  · 
1  · 
kop1234

Update: Officially rejected by MIT. Expected since many people who were offered admission were contacted in February. Kind of upset that they did not give out all rejections and acceptances within the same week.

Mar 19, 21 11:37 am  · 
 · 
kop1234

Update: Officially rejected by MIT. Expected since many people who were offered admission were contacted in February. Kind of upset that they did not give out all rejections and acceptances within the same week.

Mar 19, 21 11:37 am  · 
 · 
kop1234

Have decided to commit to GSD, congrats to everyone who got offered admissions to grad programs! Hopefully we will do great!

Mar 19, 21 11:39 am  · 
 · 
kop1234

Has anyone heard back from UCLA or Princeton for M. Arch. 

A little anxious about MIT since some people have been accepted but hoping for the best.

Mar 1, 21 9:21 pm  · 
 · 
MTTS

Princeton hasn't released yet

Mar 2, 21 7:36 am  · 
1  · 
lisa9834

Undergraduate Degree/ School/ Year graduated 

B.A. in Architecture and Community Design/Spring 2020

GPA - GRE  - TOEFL 

3.02 - waived - waived

Letter of recommendations 

2 from professors, one of them being the department chair and 1 from a previous employer

Personal Essay/Statement 

Had the same idea and base for all schools but heavily edited one paragraph for different schools talking about my interest in them.

Portfolio

4 academic works and 1 professional. If you wish to see it just personal message me, I would be happy to email it to you!

Schools 

Pratt - In

CCA - In

Northeastern - In

GSAPP - awaiting

UPenn - awaiting

USC - awaiting

Sci-Arc - awaiting

Tips

Everyone says this but start early!! I started working on my portfolio 5 months before application deadlines and it helped so much. 

Have people proofread your essays - professors, friends, family, anyone. It helps to get an extra set of eyes.

Don't stress! I didn't think I was going to get in anywhere with my GPA but I did and it feels amazing. I am obviously still waiting on my top choices, which I might not get into but still an exciting process.

Good Luck everyone!

Mar 1, 21 11:28 pm  · 
 · 
lisa9834

Update: 

In at Sci-Arc (haven't received an email yet, but on my portal, it shows accepted)

Out at UPenn

Mar 11, 21 12:21 pm  · 
 · 
tt27

Wait listed at Sci-Arc. Just got to know yesterday. I really thought i might have a chance here tho with a 3.27 gpa. 

Hey also, can i see your portfolio?

Mar 13, 21 2:13 am  · 
 · 
crb1234

Anyone who got admitted at the UVa School of Architecture?

Mar 2, 21 2:14 am  · 
 · 
t.s.

I got the admit! Did you too?

Mar 2, 21 4:44 am  · 
1  · 
crb1234

Yes!!! Did you receive any info on FA?

Mar 2, 21 6:29 am  · 
 · 
t.s.

FA - no. I am an international student. But they mentioned a base scholarship (2.5k per year + 2.5k additional first year) | Did you receive any scholarship?

Mar 3, 21 3:06 pm  · 
 · 
crb1234

No scholarship or FA... Wondering why? Even I am an International Student. I would like to connect with you. Is it possible for you to mail me? Thanks

Mar 4, 21 2:57 pm  · 
 · 
t.s.

Hey, I just dropped you an email.!

Mar 7, 21 3:37 pm  · 
1  · 
crb1234

Thanks a lot. I replied to you hope you have received it :)

Mar 7, 21 4:23 pm  · 
 · 
itiswhatitis

Undergraduate Degree/ School/ Year graduated 

Bachelor of Design / University of Florida / May 2020

GPA - GRE  - TOEFL 

3.9 / Waived

Letter of recommendations 

3 from professors, 1 professional

Personal Essay/Statement 

Varied but most related it back to my anthropology minor and how architecture can better help underrepresented groups.

Portfolio

https://issuu.com/marjorietell...

Schools 

Sci-ARC

Yale

UPenn

MIT

Columbia

UCLA

Washington U St. Louis

U Michigan

Open house impressions 

Results 

Sci-ARC: Accepted through phone call w $$

Yale $$

U Michigan $30k and offered into their 2-year program

Washington U St Louis $$ and offered into their 2 year program

Tips

Mar 2, 21 8:55 am  · 
4  · 
MTTS

Quick question did you hear about funding for Yale when you were accepted or later and if so when?

Mar 2, 21 10:01 am  · 
 · 
itiswhatitis

In my acceptance letter, it said they would send how much funding I would get later in the month

Mar 2, 21 10:09 am  · 
 · 
MTTS

Oh I apologize perhaps I am not understanding what the $$ exactly means. I got a letter saying I am accepted and that the funding info will be sent later.

Mar 2, 21 10:25 am  · 
 · 
itiswhatitis

In at UPenn!

Mar 6, 21 9:28 pm  · 
 · 
itiswhatitis

With advance standing into their second year

Mar 6, 21 9:36 pm  · 
 · 
Arcmash

When did you receive the decision, ist on website or through email?

Mar 8, 21 9:02 am  · 
 · 
itiswhatitis

I received it on 3/6/21 through email and then the chair of architecture gave me a call the next day around noon. It was just an "advance notice", more decisions will be out on 3/11

Mar 8, 21 9:10 am  · 
 · 
Arcmash

Perhaps, only accepted ones were notified, then the rejected will receive the notification on 3/11

Mar 8, 21 3:44 pm  · 
 · 
itiswhatitis

I don't think that's the case. When I was on a call with them on Sunday, they insinuated that people who received an advance notice were the first wave of accepted applicants

Mar 8, 21 3:58 pm  · 
 · 
itiswhatitis

In at UCLA with full tuition first year and then partial tuition for the 2nd and 3rd year!

Mar 9, 21 8:52 am  · 
 · 
nastronaut

Your portfolio is so amazing. Congratulations on the work you've produced!

Mar 10, 21 8:20 am  · 
1  · 
itiswhatitis

Thank you!

Mar 10, 21 8:40 am  · 
 · 
itiswhatitis

in at columbia gsapp! no $$ tho

Mar 18, 21 9:39 am  · 
 · 
p3_g

Hey, congrats! Which course did you apply to? I applied for MSAAD and haven’t heard from them yet!

Mar 22, 21 12:04 pm  · 
 · 
itiswhatitis

It was for M.Arch !

Mar 23, 21 11:37 am  · 
 · 
lisa9834

Has anyone heard back from Sci-Arc for M. Arch?

Looks like some people received phone calls, assuming those are the first wave of acceptances.  

Mar 2, 21 9:31 am  · 
 · 
hemantjindal

Some have and many are still waiting!

Mar 7, 21 1:35 am  · 
 · 
RichardV

just got an email from MIT. on the waitlist

Mar 2, 21 3:15 pm  · 
 · 
kx.rbz

thanks for sharing. Which program? m.arch 1 or 2?

Mar 2, 21 3:56 pm  · 
 · 
kx.rbz

*smarchs

Mar 2, 21 3:57 pm  · 
 · 
bananaketchup

does this mean they're done giving out acceptance letters??

Mar 2, 21 4:53 pm  · 
1  · 
RichardV

It was for the M.Arch I program

Mar 2, 21 5:59 pm  · 
1  · 
Ohlordy

Just putting my information out there so I can see who is going where and start conversations :)

Bachelors in Interior Design / University of Louisiana at Lafayette / 2019

• GPA - GRE  - TOEFL 

3.2 / Waived / Didn't Need

2 Professors from Undergraduate & 1 Boss/Mentor from Dance Job

Depended on the School Submitted too!

• Portfolio

https://issuu.com/kcdooley/doc...

• Schools 

Yale

Cornell

WashU Sam Fox

Syracuse 

RISD

Pratt

UIC

• Open house impressions 

I only attended WashU and UIC and I wasn't overly impressed with either but also wasn't super focused during it.

• Results 

Yale & Cornell - Out (heartbroken but makes sense)

WashU & Pratt - In

RISD - Waitlist

Syracuse & UIC - Awaiting

Give me your thoughts about the programs I've listed please! I want opinions on programs so I choose the best one possible :)

I knew going into this process that my disadvantages were my gpa was incredibly low because of my awful experience in undergrad, I didn't want to spend money on the GRE so I don't have any scores to set me a part from everyone else, and I didn't have any work experience in the field on my resume. But it is what it is! 

Mar 2, 21 5:56 pm  · 
 · 
jack_arch

hi. I am also from UL, but I graduated a few years ago and I am applying for the second master program.

I have paid attention to WashU and Pratt programs for a while now and I think they are pretty good.

However, applying next year will always be an option as well. I don't think you should rush into making decision.

Mar 3, 21 1:07 am  · 
 · 
Ohlordy

Hey! I'd love to talk more about things since you are a louisiana alum. Do you have an email?

Mar 3, 21 3:55 pm  · 
 · 
jack_arch

sure, I send you an archinect's email containing my actual email. let me know if you get it.

Mar 3, 21 8:51 pm  · 
 · 
DR..

@jack_arch since you’ve said you have looked closely into Pratt, can you please tell me more about the institute in regards with the career opportunities and the faculty members,
and if it is actually worth going without any financial aid?

Mar 5, 21 1:32 pm  · 
 · 
jack_arch

@DR.. since Pratt is located in NYC, it is easier to tap in the professional network. That will help career opportunities one way or another. In term of tuition, Pratt will allow you to apply for TA and RA positions when the semester starts. Those opportunities do help significantly

Mar 5, 21 8:09 pm  · 
1  · 
DR..

@jack_arch how long do you suppose I will take to earn the 165k $ (tuition for three years, 55k each year)? Aren’t the TA and RA positions competitive? And also have you any idea on how many students are there in each class?

Mar 6, 21 2:49 am  · 
 · 
jack_arch

@DR.. $165k is sure not a small amount, especially for architect salary. I myself don't even know how long it will take, but still less than $200k-$300k at other schools.

TA and RA are definitely competitive. 

I don't have an exact number for class size, definitely not as small as MIT or Princeton. 

If finance is an issue, I strongly recommend going with the cheaper option that you are comfortable with.

Mar 6, 21 4:18 am  · 
 · 
analoguearchitect

Hello! New to Archinect but wanted to see if anyone has any thoughts on school culture (seeing as in-person open houses aren't possible right now)

• BE Civil Engineering, BA Engineering Sciences / Dartmouth College / 2020
  • GPA - GRE  - TOEFL 
    • 3.82 GPA
    • 166V/163Q/5W
    • Three from Undergrad Engineering Professors
    • Wrote about dissatisfaction with engineering and potential of design
  • Portfolio
    • Featured design side (photography, poetry, renders) and technical sides (engineering projects)
  • Schools 
    • Note: I went hard because uncertainty from COVID and also trying to rebound from a ton of application/job rejections in 2020
    • GSD
    • YSoA
    • MIT
    • GSAPP
    • Berkeley CED
    • WashU
    • Bartlett
    • UBC
    • UVA
    • UDub
    • UCLA
    • UPenn
  • Open house impressions 
    • Please fill me in! 
  • Results (will update as they come out) 
  • GSD (50% tuition scholarship per year)
  • YSoA (waiting on financials)
  • UVA (10k per year + 5k additional first year)
  • WashU (waiting on financials)
  • Berkeley CED (26k fellowship first year only)

• Tips
  • Looking for whether or not research should play a role in these decisions! As well as whether I should aim on doing a thesis. 
Mar 2, 21 6:34 pm  · 
3  · 
koratheexplorer

Sounds like a very cool portfolio. Congrats on all of your acceptances (and I'm sure more to come)!

Mar 2, 21 6:37 pm  · 
1  · 
ArchitectCH

Congrats! If you feel comfortable can I please have a look at your portfolio (via email)? Thank you.

Mar 2, 21 8:49 pm  · 
 · 
analoguearchitect

Sure I can pass you a link, send me your email!

Mar 2, 21 10:39 pm  · 
 · 

Hi, Congrats! Your portfolio must be really amazing, if you don't mind can I have a look as well?

Mar 4, 21 12:21 am  · 
 · 
Jaynee

Hi! Congrats on all your acceptances! If you have time, could you share a copy of your portfolio? Thanks!

May 20, 21 10:09 pm  · 
 · 
lrlyqbd

Hi, Congrats on your offers last year !!! Would you mind sharing your portfolio for me to have a look as a reference since i am applying for them this year. Thank you so much in advance!!!

Sep 14, 21 7:23 am  · 
 · 
athousandmoons

Do people get more than one year funding from Berkeley (M.Arch I)? Thank you!

Mar 2, 21 9:49 pm  · 
 · 
analoguearchitect

I think the norm is just one year of funding? They didn't specify so when I dug a little deeper that's the general consensus that I found.

Mar 2, 21 10:39 pm  · 
1  · 
kop1234

Not sure if this helps, but I was offered 2 year funding, so maybe it varies

Mar 2, 21 10:49 pm  · 
2  · 
athousandmoons

ah I see... so unfortunate for those with one-year offers. might be a whole thread by itself but if anyone can give insights into how to (or the possibility to) secure funding for 2nd and 3rd year that would be so helpful!

Mar 3, 21 12:53 am  · 
 · 
RichardV

any news on GSAPP?

Mar 3, 21 11:16 am  · 
1  · 
DR..

I’m waiting on GSAPP as well. Anyone knows when the results come out?

Mar 5, 21 1:25 pm  · 
 · 
kx.rbz

Does anyone know when MIT SMarchS decisions will be sent? 

Mar 3, 21 11:23 am  · 
1  · 
Apples_are_the_best_fruit

Is anyone else waiting on a decision from CCNY? I noticed some posts on the grad cafe saying they heard back but my application status on the website hasn't changed — this has me a little worried since CCNY is my top choice!

Mar 3, 21 12:19 pm  · 
 · 
crb1234

Thread for MLA, MAUD, MUP, MDES- Fall 2021 Application Status

https://archinect.com/forum/th...

Mar 3, 21 12:47 pm  · 
2  · 
Aichido

I got waitlisted at Yale March 2. What are the chances about getting off the waitlist? Has anyone ever been in similar position? How long do they take to reply usually?

Mar 3, 21 5:34 pm  · 
2  · 
catino

Hey I am in the same position. Have you heard anything from yale?

Apr 11, 21 11:28 am  · 
 · 
chen233

Reposting here: 

• Undergraduate Degree/School/Country/ Year Graduated 
    • Environmental Design, UBC SALA/Canada/2019
  • Program Applying for with Path/Track
    • MLA, M.Des and M.Arch
  • GPA - GRE  - TOEFL/Duolingo/IELTS
    • 83/100 - Waived - Waived 
  • Letter of Recommendations 
    • 3 from previous professors, 2 from current employer (1 principal, 1 supervisor) 
  • Personal Essay/Statement of Purpose
    • Tailored each essay to the school I'm applying for, wrote about my observations and understanding of landscape architecture/architecture through the lens of a queer person & the questions that I started to ask myself while practicing in a landscape office. Wrote about specific interests for each school (including faculty members, course offered, etc) 
  • Portfolio
    • 2 undergraduate studio projects, 1 group installation, 1 duo exhibition (online), 1 group competition, 1 personal project, and 1 duo competition
  • Schools 
    • UCB - MLA II 
    • GSD - MLA I
    • GSD - MDes 
    • Princeton - MArch I
    • MIT - MArch I
  • Open house Impressions:
  • Didn't attend most of them due to conflict with schedule 
  • Results 
    • UCB - waiting
    • GSD - Waitlisted for MLA I, rejected for M.Des
    • Princeton - waiting
    • MIT - Accepted with $$$
  • Tips/Suggestions

- Dedicate a certain amount of time each day (doesn't have to be a lot of time) to work on it and start early! Many people have reiterated on this but I can't stress enough the importance of starting early - you'll be surprised how much you can do if start early and just chip the application away each day. 

- Ask for references at least 12 weeks prior to your deadlines. Most of my references didn't get to the letters until the deadline even with very early notice. Make it easy for them to write & submit your letters - share some of your previous work in their class if they were your profs, or share your draft CV/portfolio. Take the initiative to show them that this is important for you, but don't rush them for any comments/feedbacks. 

- Don't be afraid to show projects outside of the realm of spatial design - any high-quality work that speaks for your ideas and who you are would help. 

- Revisit your statements after you write them again and again! I didn't get to rewrite my personal statement and had to submit them right before deadlines because of full-time work. After submitting, I re-read my essays and genuinely hoped that I could have more time to refine them. Start planning the essays and the portfolio at the same time so that they can inform each other naturally. 

Mar 3, 21 8:06 pm  · 
3  · 
kop1234

Hi, if its cool, can you tell me when you got into MIT?

Mar 3, 21 9:21 pm  · 
1  · 
Luques

--

Mar 3, 21 10:10 pm  · 
 · 
itiswhatitis

Hi! What program were you accepted into for MIT?

Mar 4, 21 9:43 am  · 
 · 
chen233

Hi! I was accepted into M.Arch. I got an email from a faculty member and a phone call on Feb 22. Did not receive any official package/letters yet.

Mar 4, 21 12:46 pm  · 
2  · 
chen233

Update - Out at Princeton...still waiting for Landscape Arch at Berkeley

Mar 5, 21 4:52 pm  · 
1  · 
chen233

Out for Berkeley MLA 2D program. Not surprised given my portfolio really did not align with the department's interests.

Mar 9, 21 8:56 pm  · 
 · 
Staceysmom

Bit late to the game but still in the waiting process so here it is:

Bachelor of Science (Psychology) at York / 2 years of BArchSc at Ryerson

• GPA - GRE  - TOEFL 

3.5 - waived - waived

1 from a studio professor, 1 my current research supervisor and 1 from my psychology thesis supervisor. 

Wrote about why I switched from psychology to architecture and the role of health in design.

• Portfolio

2-3 individual academic projects, 2 competitions, 1 current research and some art works.

• Schools 

PRATT/PARSONS/GSAPP/U of T (Canada)

• Open house impressions 

GSAPP had a few zoom sessions they seemed nice. U of T I'm quite familiar with already. Parsons was so so soo pleasant to meet and speak with on several occasions. Saw Pratt and Parsons on portfolio day and both seemed really promising. Had a really good impression of Parsons but got more feedback from Pratt (which was nice either way).

• Results 

PRATT - In with $$

U of T - waiting

Parsons - waiting 

GSAPP - waiting

• Tips

Start editing portfolio work WAY ahead of time. I really wish I had more time to touch up old work. Also I really took my time writing the personal essay because it felt like nothing was good enough but ultimately its all fine, just a stressful process so just be confident in yourself.

Mar 3, 21 11:03 pm  · 
1  · 
dd_x

Congrats on Pratt! I just wanted to appreciate the username; haha, you had got it goin' on...

Mar 4, 21 1:26 pm  · 
2  · 
Staceysmom

hahah thanks its my go to

Mar 4, 21 3:25 pm  · 
 · 
DR..

I got in to Pratt too. What are your thoughts on it? I’m still confused about it because of the career opportunities and the tuition. I didn’t get any financial aid. And also, did you get the financial aid
information with the acceptance letter?

Mar 5, 21 1:22 pm  · 
 · 
h3llo

UofT should come out early this week - previous UofT students already know their results unofficially!

Mar 7, 21 12:11 am  · 
 · 
Staceysmom

@DR.. its not letting me reply to you but congrats! I'm still researching about it, my current profs all say its a really good school. Yeah, I got financial aid info with the acceptance letter.

Mar 7, 21 12:20 pm  · 
1  · 
Staceysmom

@h3llo What do you mean previous UofT students? as in last year it was around this time?

Mar 7, 21 12:20 pm  · 
 · 
DR..

@staceysmom that’s okay.. and thank you. Congrats to you as well. Do tell me about what you find out about the career opportunities. I want to know if the salary would vary if we are Pratt students compared to any other school students.

Mar 7, 21 1:49 pm  · 
1  · 
Staceysmom

UPDATE: just got the good news from U of T!! over the moon

Mar 9, 21 6:44 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

you've got it goin' on...

Mar 9, 21 7:15 pm  · 
 · 
h3llo

same here!

Mar 9, 21 7:28 pm  · 
1  · 
Staceysmom

UPDATE, in at Parsons with $$

Mar 19, 21 5:23 pm  · 
 · 
RichardV

Has anyone gotten an email from Yale about financial aid yet?. Thanks

Mar 4, 21 11:04 am  · 
 · 
MTTS

I'm still waiting

Mar 4, 21 11:18 am  · 
 · 
itiswhatitis

I received one yesterday.

Mar 4, 21 1:28 pm  · 
 · 
MTTS

Was it an email?

Mar 4, 21 1:41 pm  · 
 · 
itiswhatitis

Yes attached to the email was a pdf with financial aid information

Mar 4, 21 1:48 pm  · 
1  · 
RichardV

just got an update with about 60% of tuition covered

Mar 4, 21 1:59 pm  · 
1  · 
MTTS

Okay, I just got an email, however it had no attachment of financial aid. I am wondering if this means I did not get aid or if I should reach out. Did the email for you say to look at the attachment for financial aid or something of the sort?

Mar 4, 21 2:41 pm  · 
 · 
bogoai

Here's mine

• Undergraduate Degree/School/Country/ Year Graduated 
    • B.S. Architecture, Virginia /2020
  • Program Applying for with Path/Track
    • MLA, and M.Arch
  • GPA - GRE  - TOEFL/Duolingo/IELTS
    • 3.58 - Waived - Waived 
  • Letter of Recommendations 
    • 2 from previous professors, 1 from employer
  • Personal Essay/Statement of Purpose
    • I don't think there was anything special. I just answered the questions.
  • Portfolio
  • Schools 
    • Weitzman - MArch I 
    • GSD - MLA I, MArch I
    • GSAPP - MArch I 
    • Princeton - MArch I
    • Cornell - MArch I
    • Yale - MArch I
  • Results 
    • Weitzman - Awaiting
    • GSD - Out
    • GSAPP - Awaiting
    • Princeton - Awaiting
    • Cornell - In with $$$
    • Yale - Out
  • Tips/Suggestions

Will do this part later. 

Mar 4, 21 12:54 pm  · 
2  · 
bogoai

UPenn - In

Mar 8, 21 3:18 pm  · 
 · 
fangl

Thanks for sharing, I really like your portfolio

May 20, 22 6:47 pm  · 
 · 
12345L

Has anyone been contacted by Sunil Bald (from the letter of acceptance for M Arch I at Yale)? Was just wondering if we're suppose to be expecting an email/call/etc? 

Mar 4, 21 1:03 pm  · 
1  · 
MTTS

not sure how it will be sent, but still haven't heard yet either

Mar 4, 21 1:06 pm  · 
 · 
RichardV

just got an email. Gave me about 60% of tuition.

Mar 4, 21 1:57 pm  · 
 · 
MiesvanderHo

Was the financial aid mentioned in the same email from Sunil
Bald?

Mar 4, 21 2:44 pm  · 
 · 
MTTS

I just reached out to Yale because there was no financial aid info in my letter from Sunil. They replied by saying that if I have submitted the FAFSA and Yale financial aid document, that the financial aid office would get back to me when they had finished processing.

Mar 4, 21 2:56 pm  · 
3  · 
12345L

Okey that's good to know cause I only recently applied for financial aid so I was assuming I would find out later on.

Mar 4, 21 3:03 pm  · 
 · 
MiesvanderHo

Yeah, I called the YSoA financial aid office and they told me everyone has been calling them about this (because we were all under the impression based off of our Acceptance Letter in the portal that Prof Sunil Bald’s letter would include financial aid information). They said they’re still processing the applications and we should find out next week. They’ll send a separate email.

Mar 4, 21 3:17 pm  · 
3  · 
itiswhatitis

I also think it is based on when the financial aid form was filled out. I completed it the day I received the notification to apply and received my financial aid fund information before I even got Sunil Bald’s letter.

Mar 4, 21 5:03 pm  · 
1  · 
MiesvanderHo

Got my financial aid letter. Looks like I’m going to Yale!

Mar 5, 21 1:20 pm  · 
2  · 
12345L

I'm likely going to Yale too!

Mar 6, 21 1:01 am  · 
1  · 
MTTS

still haven't got mine yet, but just wondering, how much funding are y'all getting if you don't mind saying?

Mar 8, 21 3:59 pm  · 
1  · 
brand0nlim

Also would like to know!

Mar 13, 21 11:33 am  · 
 · 
12345L

Also, what are people's thoughts on GSD vs. Yale. I'm a bit stuck in my decision-making. I always saw Yale as traditionalist in teaching/style and representing a more insulated academic environment especially situated in New Haven. While at GSD, there's more interdisciplinary opportunity and you're in the bigger city of Boston. Wanted to see what others thought about the two schools.

Mar 4, 21 3:06 pm  · 
2  · 
RichardV

I'm kinda in the same boat, so I'm looking forward to the replies. For now I'm leaning towards gsd - more financial aid. But yeah would like to hear from folks

Mar 4, 21 7:33 pm  · 
 · 
Arcmash

Please recommend me for the one you are going to reject, my opinion
I'll choose gsd over Yale

Mar 5, 21 12:34 am  · 
 · 
MTTS

I'm out at GSD so I can't speak for myself, however there a couple of factors I would have considered if the funding was the same. The GSD is Boston while Yale is in New Haven, with it being a

Mar 5, 21 8:10 am  · 
 · 
MTTS

I apologize the message cut on me. As I was saying GSD with being in a bigger city will afford more opportunities in terms of faculty who would teach there, of course if you look at the faculty through the years you tend to get more well known architects at the GSD, however the trade off is that they can't be as present to teach will often use a TA while they come every so often. Another factor is the type of faculty and dean you have. Just as you have said Yale is a lot more traditionalist in their approach and it is obvious as you see that the dean is Debora and they have Eisenman teaching there. At the GSD you have more traditionalist, although still outlines like Yoshiko and Sarah the dean. However you also have Bonner who literally had a studio based on smell a few years back. The next factor is size and diversity of programs within the same school. Harvard is by far larger in terms of the various departments that is has like Landscape, urbanism and and so on, all in one building. It also means there are a lot of people there and it is easy to fade within the crowd. Yale by comparison is a much smaller program this smaller numbers. But also less diversity in programs that you can mix into your study. A really cool thing that Harvard has is that you can cross register at MIT and vise verse, you just have to keep atleast 51% of your classes at the GSD, so you can honestly do the best of both worlds. The biggest thing to really understand is that the GSD is more well rounded out of the well known schools, similar to Columbia. I do think the GSD has more to offer, as long as you don't mind going to a large school and having less interaction with your professors.

Mar 5, 21 8:26 am  · 
2  · 
MTTS

Sorry, for the grammer and spelling. I meant Toshikoat at GSD

Mar 5, 21 8:31 am  · 
1  · 
seel2884

Has anyone else accepted to the Yale SoA been informed that they are required to partake in the summer orientation term? I was hoping I would be able to bypass this step, but alas my undergraduate degree was not up to par. 

One more question in the SCI-Arc decision letters received was information regarding financial aid included?

Mar 4, 21 3:52 pm  · 
 · 
itiswhatitis

My sci-arc decision didn't consist of any financial aid.I think that might take a week or two.

Mar 4, 21 5:10 pm  · 
2  · 
RichardV

Yes my email also said I was required to take it. I had the same for GSD but they emailed me saying that it was an error and since I did a studio based undergrad I don't have to take it. I might email YSOA just to double check if I can place out of it

Mar 4, 21 7:39 pm  · 
1  · 
dsh_

I second Andrea, received a decision from sci-arc but info about financial aid will be a bit longer

Mar 5, 21 3:25 am  · 
 · 
dt_cs

@dsh_ when did you received the mail from Sci Arc?

Mar 5, 21 3:00 pm  · 
 · 
dsh_

Hey @dt_cs, March 5th

Mar 5, 21 5:49 pm  · 
1  · 
Jajaje

Has anyone heard back from the Cornell MSAAD? Just a little anxious...

Mar 4, 21 6:33 pm  · 
 · 
t.s.

Hey, I don't think the decisions are out yet! Waiting too..

Mar 7, 21 3:23 pm  · 
 · 
Jajaje

just got an email from Cornell for msaad!

Mar 9, 21 12:45 am  · 
 · 
t.s.

I got an email too! Congratulations on your admit!

Mar 9, 21 2:08 am  · 
 · 
rkwfcm

Was there any scholarship given?

Mar 9, 21 8:20 am  · 
 · 
t.s.

@JVNC Yes, I did. I just responded to your email! Check it!

Mar 9, 21 2:50 pm  · 
1  · 
draicamle

Hello, are you planning on matriculating? Want to know your thoughts...

Mar 18, 21 9:40 pm  · 
 · 
tomatomatomato

I would like to hear people's thought about GSD M.Arch 1 vs. MIT M.Arch. I am really struggling with this decision....

Mar 5, 21 1:06 pm  · 
 · 
RichardV

I've been reaching out to current students I personally know or through friends. You can always email admissions to help put you in contact with someone.

Mar 5, 21 1:23 pm  · 
1  · 
_N8_

Do MIT. The class is small enough that if they accepted you, that means they want you as a person. GSD just wants your portfolio skills.

Mar 5, 21 1:38 pm  · 
1  · 
IambicPentameter

Hey tomatomatomato, from what I understand, GSD is better for connections in the industry, but has a much larger program. MIT is much smaller so has more research opportunities - however if you go to either you can take almost half your credits at the other, so really if you want the best of both worlds its possible? Personally, out of the two I only applied to MIT b/c I'm much more interested in the research and things they are doing as opposed to the prestige, but I think its to each their own. If you want to connect I got in contact with a current MIT student and will be chatting with him tomorrow so I can fill you in on some of the info/ask any questions if you'd like :)

Mar 5, 21 2:17 pm  · 
3  · 
chen233

Hey @tomatomatomato and @IambicPentameter, have any of you heard back from MIT after they send out email/phone calls? Did they send out the package yet with official letters etc? My contact said there will be something out in the next few weeks but my mind was blank at that moment and didn't catch if this will be mailed or emailed... thanks!!

Mar 5, 21 4:56 pm  · 
1  · 
IambicPentameter

Hey chen233, I think those have not been sent yet, I asked earlier and others are in the same situation.

Mar 6, 21 2:24 pm  · 
2  · 
chen233

Thanks!!

Mar 6, 21 2:34 pm  · 
1  · 
tomatomatomato

@IambicPentameter I just saw your post...I wish I could have been there... How was the conversation?

Mar 6, 21 5:59 pm  · 
 · 
tomatomatomato

Thank you everyone for your response :D They are really helpful. One problem that I have is that I'm interested in the researches that MIT is doing, yet I'd like to have a strong base skills/knowledge/design in architecture as a student with non-arch background. It seems that GSD is more well-rounded and prepares me well (maybe?). I'll definitely keep talking with professors and students there as well.

Mar 6, 21 6:05 pm  · 
 · 
MTTS

In terms of those skills MIT can prepare you just as well. It you are looking for the research MIT offers you can go to MIT, get into the weeds there and because of the cross program between MIT and GSD you can take up to 49% you courses at the GSD. What you lack at MIT. You can fill a that way. With how large the GSD is, research and similar involvements are limited, plus unlike MIT the GSD is entirely separate from the overall school system of Harvard in terms of tapping into finances, so they depend on Alumni architects.... Architects are small earners....you can get more flexibility for financing in some endeavours as you go along much easier at MIT, and easily find more research and opportunities too. Also, you'll get to actually have your options studios' professors mostly present at MIT verses the difficult to attain but hardly present faculty who teach those studios at GSD, that can go a long way in terms of the skills you seek to attain. Based on what you are saying as I recommend MIT over GSD. My recommendation is to look at the design work and research of the people who teach the core studios at the two colleges, they are different enough from each other that I think you will know where you lean in terms of interest and if that actually is at the GSD, then the issues of less finance and involvement opportunities don't mean that much, if you can get into the GSD you are also capable of securing those, also it is possible to join research labs at MIT while at the GSD because of the cross program....so yeah.....hope that helps

Mar 6, 21 11:50 pm  · 
3  · 
RichardV

Just got an email from Princeton. Decisions are out

Mar 5, 21 1:17 pm  · 
5  · 
Arcmash

Congratulations RichardV wish I were you, I've received reject from 4 schools this week, Cornell, UMich, RISD, and now Princeton

Mar 5, 21 3:07 pm  · 
 · 
gowen1208

You are certainly not the only one. I'm out at Cornell, GSD and Yale. Still waiting on GSAAP and MIT. Keeping my fingers crossed, but not holding my breath.

Mar 5, 21 5:48 pm  · 
1  · 
koratheexplorer

In the same boat, @gowen1208 :/

Mar 5, 21 11:13 pm  · 
 · 
jerryrodriguez

Same here kora and gowen, out at Yale and Cornell, and waiting on MIT and GSAPP

Mar 6, 21 10:38 am  · 
 · 
rainykchan

In on GSD, Princeton, Yale M.Arch2

Princeton most generous with financial aid followed by Yale, GSD didnt offer much. I personally am not really considering Yale since their work don’t excite me.

I have been lecturing at universities (fine arts and architecture) in asia and plan to continue teaching after the M.Arch, maybe a phd down the line. While Princeton has the reputation for academics I feel that Harvard is Harvard especially for cross disciplines into other fields (I teach fine arts and being in the art field, reputation is king). Wondering what others think?

Mar 5, 21 4:47 pm  · 
4  · 
kidomega

It really depends what you want to do with the MArch 2 and how you intend on tailoring the program's structure to it. Consider also the huge contrast in class size. Princeton's MArch 1 + 2 students (all mostly with funding) is way smaller (like a hundred more or less) compared to the GSD (which produces 600+ graduates annually). You can certainly meet more people from wider backgrounds and gain new insights/knowledge at the GSD and across Harvard/MIT, but not everyone can get a piece of the cake for research grants, funding, etc. At Princeton, there's definitely more access to that and other similar opportunities, plus the network of New York just across the pond. But, you're also in that position of just bouncing within that same circle.

Mar 5, 21 6:54 pm  · 
2  · 
Dangermouse

They're practically the same school. The degree of faculty cross pollination is immense. Princeton is Princeton, accept the best funded program and don't look back. Anyone in the art field who things "oh man this guy ONLY went to Princeton and not Harvard" is, frankly, a fucking moron, and a person to be avoided.

Mar 5, 21 11:33 pm  · 
2  · 
ic0nic

hi. congrats on your acceptances. i'd pick princeton, follow the money! or you could try negotiating with gsd to match princeton's offer. btw, i go to hku, applying to m.arch next year. would love to get in touch with you to talk more!

Mar 7, 21 5:51 am  · 
1  · 
koratheexplorer

Someone on another thread said they heard back from GSAPP...has anyone else??

Mar 5, 21 10:29 pm  · 
 · 
koratheexplorer

Sorry, I’m an idiot. It was an old post that someone had just commented on

Mar 5, 21 10:32 pm  · 
1  · 
cindyjiang

Any updates from UCLA? 

Mar 6, 21 2:56 am  · 
 · 
faddo001

Not that I've seen. I'm getting a little annoyed.

Mar 6, 21 6:03 pm  · 
 · 
DVL1809

Yes, called for a second interview on Wednesday
Mar 7, 21 5:13 am  · 
1  · 
faddo001

For M Arch?

Mar 7, 21 10:57 am  · 
 · 
DVL1809

MSAUD

Mar 7, 21 11:13 am  · 
1  · 
catnip_

Has anyone heard from GSAPP?

Mar 6, 21 6:24 pm  · 
 · 
909uoel

Any predictions on when GSAPP will be out?

Mar 7, 21 1:04 am  · 
 · 
MTTS

Based on the past few years we could be hearing back as late as Monday the 15th. However more than likely to

Mar 7, 21 1:58 am  · 
 · 
MTTS

More than likely you'll hear by Friday the 12th.

Mar 7, 21 1:59 am  · 
 · 
Aditya17

Has Georgia tech released its decisions for M.arch  yet ? 

Mar 6, 21 7:12 pm  · 
1  · 
nilenvarade

I don't think so. I haven't heard back, nor have I seen any updates from people online!

Mar 7, 21 7:48 am  · 
1  · 
nilenvarade

Hey, did you hear back from them?

Mar 11, 21 11:18 pm  · 
1  · 
Aditya17

Not yet

Mar 12, 21 4:58 pm  · 
 · 
Kea_

For MS.Arch, It’s so difficult for me to choose between Sci-Arc and Pratt. I got accepted at Pratt and still waiting for Sci -Arc’s decision. I would like to hear your thoughts.

Mar 7, 21 12:29 am  · 
1  · 
hemantjindal

Hey Kea, when did you heard about your MS.Arch decision from Pratt? I am still waiting for my Ms.Arch decision from Pratt and Sci_Arc!

Mar 7, 21 1:30 am  · 
 · 
Kea_

March 4th

Mar 7, 21 1:52 am  · 
1  · 
koratheexplorer

Penn decisions released? Saw some acceptances posted on grad cafe...does anyone know whether all of the acceptances were released early before the planned March 11 date or just some?

Mar 7, 21 12:46 am  · 
 · 
909uoel

My email said it was just an early acceptance notice and that all regular decisions (accept/reject/waitlist) would be out the 11th

Mar 7, 21 1:04 am  · 
4  · 
dt_cs

Has anyone applied for MSD-RAS program in Penn got acceptance here ?

Mar 7, 21 1:05 am  · 
 · 
DR..

B.Tech Civil Engineering, Mahindra university, 2020

• GPA - GRE  - TOEFL 

6.53/10, V146/Q155, IELTS- 7.5

Director/vice chancellor, professor, and internship employer

basic

• Portfolio

Mostly my random creative work. And a workshop I did in Bartlett. Some academic internship work.

• Schools 

All for MArch 3 year program

Pratt- in

GSAPP- awaiting

USC- awaiting

ASU- awaiting

CU Denver- awaiting 

USF- awaiting

UNC Greensboro- awaiting

• Tips

don’t stress too much by looking at other portfolios, do what’s true to you. Work on your portfolio until it satisfies you.

And start early. I started in august of 2020. I had plenty of time. I was still worried because I had no education nor experience in the field.

Mar 7, 21 4:30 am  · 
 · 
DR..

I have been following architect threads on MArch application status since 2 years now. And it made me anxious to apply to the top schools because of my grades and scores. But I trusted in my work and applied anyway. I’m posting this for those who are worried about their scores. Just trust in your portfolio. I don’t know if I’ll get into the top schools yet. But it was still a start to apply.

Mar 7, 21 4:40 am  · 
 · 
DR..

Update: USC out

Mar 25, 21 5:04 am  · 
 · 
DR..

Gsapp: reject

Apr 9, 21 8:12 am  · 
 · 
DR..

UNCG: reject

Apr 9, 21 8:12 am  · 
 · 
DR..

ASU : accepted

Apr 9, 21 8:13 am  · 
 · 
nNnNnNnNn

Has anyone been admitted into SCI-Arc for the M.Arch 1 or into Princeton [advanced standing stream]? What are your opinions for those schools, which one would you attend? 

Mar 7, 21 2:44 pm  · 
 · 
itiswhatitis

Does anyone have any opinions on UPenn's advanced standing? I would be starting with their second-year grad students. I'm a little worried about that considering how technology-heavy the program is and that it might set me back. The school told me that they are more than happy to switch me to the regular three-year course. 

Mar 8, 21 8:36 am  · 
 · 
_N8_

How did you know you received advanced standing? Was it in the email they sent over the weekend?

Mar 8, 21 9:49 am  · 
 · 
itiswhatitis

Yes

Mar 8, 21 10:20 am  · 
 · 
architecture?

Do we still think Penn will be accepting people on the 11th or have all the offers gone out this weekend? Seems like a lot of people have already been accepted on grad cafe (and here)

Mar 8, 21 11:14 am  · 
 · 
909uoel

Pretty sure they will still be accepting people on the 11th.

Mar 8, 21 1:48 pm  · 
2  · 
architecture?

Thanks, hopefully!

Mar 8, 21 4:16 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: