Archinect
anchor

Architecture for Software Development Career?

Spiceman45

Hey all,

I love this website. But what I haven't been loving is the architecture industry over the past 7 years. I've been in various roles from designer to CM and just haven't hit a good 'flow'. I feel the industry might not be a great fit for my personality. I almost feel like a lawyer trying to battle against contractors. The personalities in the industry are tough to deal with..and the work life balance/ benefits don't really coincide with what I find as...healthy. 2 (maybe 3 weeks vacation a year, no matching 401k, etc. I would really like to just come up with my own designs and start a practice, but I know that is easier said then done. And wouldn't be 'secure'.

I strive for security and also independence. I am looking into software development, maybe UI/UX because as you can do it work remote, freelance, almost every industry needs someone with computer skills and the pay/ work-life balance seems to be much better.

I feel like I'll miss the industry - being in the 3d world - but at the same time..i just feel like I'll be less stressed in a more secure industry. 

What do you think?

Do you know anyone who has made the switch into another industry, how is that going? 

Aug 21, 20 11:28 am
stellaa9x

do what makes you happy and happy, good luck :)

Sep 4, 20 10:10 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: