Archinect
anchor

Part 2 UK Work Portfolio Questions

Apologies if there is already a thread for this, but all the portfolio examples I could find were for showcasing University work.

I am creating a portfolio to show my work in practice to sit alongside my masters portfolio for applying for Part 2 assistant jobs in the UK.  I would like to show some construction details, but I am a bit unsure of how best to show them.  I have 2 smaller projects where I produced all of the drawings from concept to technical design, so there is a part of me that would like to show a full set of construction details in order to demonstrate this and show how I lay out my sheets etc.  That being said a number of the details are fairly standard and not really worth talking about, however there are a few on each project that are quite interesting.  The way I see it I have these options:

- Show ~2 details for 2 different projects at 100% scale on their own separate A3 pages
- Reduce details to 50% scale and show 50-75% of them across 2 A3 pages for 2 projects

Reducing the scale of details makes them difficult to read, so I'm a bit reluctant to do that, but it does a decent job of showing what work I have experience in.  Likewise, if I edit the details down the portfolio might seem sparse in terms of construction details, which is an area I would like to show that I have some experience in.

On a side note I have focussed the portfolio down to 3 projects, although I have also shown a number of renderings from others.  There is a part of me that is concerned this might read as work I've done rather than a story of my progression through a project.  For example my University portfolios have always been 1 project in depth and with some additional items at the back.

I can't really upload any of this online because it is content produced at work and for private clients.  I would however appreciate some input on any of the issues I have raised.  I would like the portfolio to be A3 landscape.

TLDR: Work portfolio advice for architectural assistant positions, how best to showcase construction details, how many details?, how many projects to show? etc.

Jul 17, 20 8:29 am

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: