Archinect
anchor

Denver firms 2020/2021

transplanting

For family reasons, I'm planning a move from the east coast to the Denver metro area sometime within the next year, targeting May 2021 but that's up in the air. I'm currently working for a design architect on transportation and aviation projects, enjoying working on progressive mid to large scale commercial/institutional projects and am not looking to move into small retail or residential.

I do not have much of a lay of the land in the Denver jobs/firms market, including which of the big firms even have Denver offices. I've seen plenty of Denver chatter on the forums around here, but no good breakdown of the who's-who in the area. I've done some intial research on Archinect/AIA Colorado/Architect Magazine, but is anyone on the forums willing to lend some insight into who some of the notable offices are? 

I'd request that for a moment that we pretend there isn't a pandemic and substantial job instability...

Jul 10, 20 11:29 am
mightyaa

The bigger well known higher design firms IMHO: AMD (Anderson, Mason, Dale), Fentress Bradburn, Stantec, Tryba, Oz Architecture, Davis Partnership, Barker Rinker Seacat (BRS), 4240, and Teanor HL (formerly HL). To name a few off the top of my head.    

Jul 10, 20 11:47 am  · 
1  · 
mightyaa

Oh... and your best fit given aviation and transportation would be Fentress Bradburn who does airports internationally.

Jul 10, 20 12:45 pm  · 
 · 
archanonymous

Yeah Fentress seems like a slam dunk!

I will say that the quality of design in the Denver market and from Denver-led firms is generally... wanting. 

Not to say there aren't some good shops there, but hopefully you are ok making buildings and architecture, not Architecture.

Jul 10, 20 1:03 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: