Archinect
anchor

Need feedback on this floorplan.

Thoughts?

Jun 29, 20 12:15 pm

Would it be considered a "room" or a "den?" Also, you forgot a stove in the kitchen.

Jun 29, 20 12:32 pm  · 
5  · 
Non Sequitur

I don't think you need that 45d corner in the bathroom

Jun 29, 20 12:47 pm  · 
2  · 
ivanmillya

Plus if he gets rid of the 45, he can put a little built-in shelf for storing pipes.

Jun 29, 20 12:50 pm  · 
 · 
gwharton

The 45-degree corner is "architecture" tho

Jun 29, 20 1:03 pm  · 
1  · 
Non Sequitur

But money spent on high-design is less money available for crack.

Jun 29, 20 1:13 pm  · 
3  · 
citizen

And while we're at it, why those 48" wide interior doors? Crack addicts are notoriously skeletal. Four could pass through at one time.

Jun 29, 20 4:34 pm  · 
1  · 
x-jla

Idk, the 45 kinda transitions nicely to that space between the bath and the right side wall where I imagine the prostitution will happen.

Jun 29, 20 6:42 pm  · 
2  · 
ivanmillya

Not sure the kitchen is necessary for this program under Assembly Group A. :) Plus smoking crack usually kills my appetite.

Jun 29, 20 12:48 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

it's square

Jun 29, 20 12:50 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

Who's the bedroom for?  Non-smoking guests?

Jun 29, 20 12:52 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

And the entire front wall appears rendered as glass. It is a storefront remodel?

Jun 29, 20 12:53 pm  · 
2  · 

I'm not sure if the front wall is glass (no mullions shown). Perhaps it is actually an operable partition dividing the portion shown from a much larger assembly space.

Jun 29, 20 2:15 pm  · 
 · 

It could also mean that this isn't a storefront remodel. Rather, it might be a remodel of a conference center or the meeting rooms at a hotel. If the latter, then the kitchen, bath, and bedroom are definitely superfluous as the conference center and/or hotel would have those amenities elsewhere.

Jun 29, 20 2:18 pm  · 
 · 
gwharton

My understanding is that open plans are more appropriate for crack dens. The bedroom is superfluous, as mattresses will be strewn randomly around the main space. Perhaps you should do a parametric study of mattress placement and use maximization?

Jun 29, 20 12:52 pm  · 
2  · 
Non Sequitur

I have a mattress revit family for just this purpose. And they laughed at me when they said it was a useless exercise. Who's laughing now?

Jun 29, 20 12:58 pm  · 
1  · 
ednaholland

But you tell them about futons for everyday sleeping. It will help you in making a plan.

Mar 6, 21 9:45 pm  · 
1  · 
shellarchitect

needs a second exit, and door is swinging the wrong way.  will prob need panic hardware too.

Jun 29, 20 1:56 pm  · 
4  · 
JLC-1

need dimensions, can it hold 6200 people?

Jun 29, 20 3:36 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

how many in kangaroo units?

Jun 29, 20 4:26 pm  · 
1  · 
x-jla

A Kangaroo on crack requires 600sqft. Don’t ask how I know this, let’s just say my anus still hurts.

Jun 29, 20 6:47 pm  · 
1  · 
atelier nobody

Isn't crack smoking an "A" occupancy? I think you need a second exit.

Jun 29, 20 3:57 pm  · 
2  · 
proto

multiple high hazard H-2 & H-3?

Jun 29, 20 4:17 pm  · 
2  · 
atelier nobody

I have a funny story about the time a fire inspector inspected a meth lab, but it's too long for an internet post.

Jun 29, 20 4:29 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

Maybe break into daily segments? I'd LOVE to hear that one.

Jun 29, 20 4:30 pm  · 
4  · 
randomised

If you build it, they will come...

Jun 29, 20 5:14 pm  · 
 · 
archanonymous

How can you truly understand the needs of the user without getting into their mindset? In my view, it is a complete and total failure of the pedagogical and ontological underpinnings of contemporary architecture education that the perspective of the crack smoker isn't the starting point when considering the design of a space. Forget Deleuze, Foucalt, Derrida and all those other eggheads, you need to know what Rick the dude who hangs in front of the mini-mart has to say about the architectural manifestations of late-capitalist consumer culture. 

Only then will you be properly prepared to evaluate the efficacy of this floor plan.

Jun 29, 20 6:09 pm  · 
1  · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Definitely not meeting egress, A-3, at 5 sf per occupant? No way.

Jun 29, 20 8:04 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

It's a B occupancy as long as you're selling.

Jun 29, 20 8:23 pm  · 
3  · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Well, they might be a toilet room short then.

Jun 29, 20 9:01 pm  · 
2  · 
SneakyPete

Shit.

Jun 29, 20 9:05 pm  · 
3  · 
Jaetten

Forget the crack, put a double door on, a desk and you've got great space for an indoor ball pit!

Jun 30, 20 5:01 am  · 
 · 
archinine
Could definitely VE that door and partition from the kitchen. Open concept kitchen ftw
Jul 1, 20 9:40 pm  · 
2  · 

is that an apartment in Red Hook?  Looks very familiar.

Jul 1, 20 9:56 pm  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: